Greatest Punk Band by number of Quality Albums

My vote is going to The Clash.

@SwamiLeoni, gee, I wonder who you'd pick...

It’s kind of hard to say I guess because Punk has so many different sounds and styles. I grew up listening to oldies music because that’s what my parents listened to. Someone gave me Punk in Drublic on tape and that changed me life.

So from a SoCal skater punks perspective:

1. Punk in Drublic
2. No Control
3. Making Friends
4. Smash
5. Exile in Oblivion / Twisted by Design
6. Hoss
7. About Time / Full Circle
8. And Out Come the Wolves / Indestructible

My current fav is Pulleys 2016 “No Change in the Weather”. What a fun and fantastic album that was.

Recently came across a band from Australia called ‘Hack the Mainframe’ which I like a lot as well. Leroy is a kick ass song.

Edit: shit totally misread the Op’s Post. If we’re going by record sales Offspring and possibly Pennywise might have the biggest. My favorite catalogue Is probably Nofx > Bad Religion > No Use > Strung Out.

That's the game. Not the greatest period, but by discography and specifically the number of high quality albums.

It's a tough call, but I'm going to say Rancid is up there.

Let's Go
Out Come the Wolves
Life Won't Wait
Self Titled (less awesome but still great).

Really, I think the first three are just each so different but equally amazing that it puts Rancid at the top of the list.

4. Ramones
3. Misfits
2. Dropkick Murphys
1. Social Distortion

Lemme see

Social distortion
White light
self title
prison bound
somewhere between heaven and hell
monster
roxy

Thats gonna be hard to top

Nofx
drublic
so long
white trash
petting

Rancid
Rancid
life wont wait
lets go
wolves

Bad religion
suffer
no control
generator
stranger than fiction
against the grain
hate
the process of belief
tested

8 is going to be hard to beat and I think Bad Religion just ran away with it.

Sick of it all, all of their albums are great all the way through

2nd Dead Kennedys.

3rd. FEAR

The Record
More beer
etc.

No, its actually not a tough call because Rancid sucks ass. I feel gross for even posting in this thread.
This, they were playing a festival I was at over the weekend I didnt even bother sticking around to watch them. Left after Suicidal Tendencies.

Mink/Willy DeVille, Bad Religion, The Clash, The Damned. Those would be my picks unless we're also taking into account so-called proto-punk band like the Dolls and Stooges/Iggy.

Back