Greatest LHW of All Time (August 2017 Poll)

Who is the Greatest LHW of All Time?

• Total voters
Jones is still the best fighter, PEDs or not. Do you think shogun and wandered were clean their whole career ? The same for tito ortiz, chuck liddell, couture who looked like a 25 year old when he was 45, I mean come on. The only argument could be dc but he cheated with the towel thing too, they are all cheaters

Depends. Greatest fighter at LHW other than Jones? DC because of his undefeated HW record and his victories over Gus and Rumble (x2) Not talking about resumes, just overall greatness.
He came into MMA fairly late and still has one hell of a resume and honestly, I don't see any other LHW beating him, past or present, except Jones.
This

Wanderlei just for his win in the 2003 PRIDE GP. Shogun is #2

Gotta go with Shogun... Cormier is kinda new to the division.

Depends. Greatest fighter at LHW other than Jones? DC because of his undefeated HW record and his victories over Gus and Rumble (x2) Not talking about resumes, just overall greatness.
He came into MMA fairly late and still has one hell of a resume and honestly, I don't see any other LHW beating him, past or present, except Jones.

I think Daniel cormier is a great fighter and i believe he would have definately been competetive in the era of the other great fighters listed in the poll.

But i dont thik either him or jon jones where exceptionally better or even better at all.

Them 2 fighters just exist at a time when the talent pool is a lot weaker than that generation.

They just look more stand out in a much weaker division. You honestly think either of them 2 fighters would have the same stats fighting in that era.

Any of them named in the poll could step into this era and dominate just as much and you can add rampage and machida plus others to the list aswell.

Jose aldo was in consideration for being the goat. Until conor mcgregor came along and showed he only dominated due to the quality of the opposition he was fighting. I think the same applies to jon jones and daniel cormier.

I think Daniel cormier is a great fighter and i believe he would have definately been competetive in the era of the other great fighters listed in the poll.

But i dont thik either him or jon jones where exceptionally better or even better at all.

Them 2 fighters just exist at a time when the talent pool is a lot weaker than that generation.

They just look more stand out in a much weaker division. You honestly think either of them 2 fighters would have the same stats fighting in that era.

Any of them named in the poll could step into this era and dominate just as much and you can add rampage and machida plus others to the list aswell.

Jose aldo was in consideration for being the goat. Until conor mcgregor came along and showed he only dominated due to the quality of the opposition he was fighting. I think the same applies to jon jones and daniel cormier.
???
Post made no sense at all. Jones destroyed almost everyone in the poll and everyone you listed.

And they are not better at all? Lol, do you see any other LHW (besides Jones) stopping DC's takedowns?

And Jose Aldo had weak competition? Conor is just a better fighter, doesn't mean his competition was shit.

But hey, right now, Jones is suspended, DC is old, AJ retired, maybe they could have 'dominated' weak competition, yeah.

Jones, its not even official if he REALLY did it, it was just a potential violation

???
Post made no sense at all. Jones destroyed almost everyone in the poll and everyone you listed.

And they are not better at all? Lol, do you see any other LHW (besides Jones) stopping DC's takedowns?

And Jose Aldo had weak competition? Conor is just a better fighter, doesn't mean his competition was shit.

But hey, right now, Jones is suspended, DC is old, AJ retired, maybe they could have 'dominated' weak competition, yeah.

The people who jon jones beat out of the list was only Daniel Cormier.. he beat rampage and machida aswell who wernt in the poll for consideration and who were both well past theres primes.

So no he didnt destroy almost everyone on the list he beatvone person off the list.

DC and JJ have dominated the current LHW Division because the division is thin. 10 years ago the division was stacked.

My point about Aldo similar to jones in the sense everyone thought he was a goat but he was just fighting in an era where the level of competition wasn't as good.

As soon as conor came along he showed Aldo up for what he was.

I think the same would of happend to jones if he was in his prime 10 years ago, with stronger competition.

The reason i watch mma is because of Chuck,

So Chuck wins

CircularLameAmethystsunbird.gif

Fucking lol@people who disqualify Jones having Wanderlei.

Best peak ability:

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Gus/Rumble
4. Shogun
5. Liddell

There are much better LHW's to add to that list before Wanderlei, Chuck, Tito, and Randy (e.g. Rumble, Lyoto Machida, and Rampage). Dat nostalgia bias.

Who the fuck has Rumble beat at LHW to warrant a spot on that list????

He was the 3rd best LHW in the worst LHW division ever. Wow. True GOAT

So Who is the Goat MW then?

Chris Weidman? lol

There are much better LHW's to add to that list before Wanderlei, Chuck, Tito, and Randy (e.g. Rumble, Lyoto Machida, and Rampage). Dat nostalgia bias.
How is Rampage ahead of Wanderlei when Wanderlei ran pride and killed Rampage twice during their primes?

He had 2 shots to be the man and failed both times.

Why do you overrate these newer guys like Gus and Rumble?

Why no machida in there f k it hehe

Back