Greatest 'kick'boxer of all time

K-1 was forced to change their rules because of Buakaw's ownage in K1 MAX 2004, so I have to go with Buakaw on this one.

I don't think @Tayski is advocating that we ban "greatest" discussions, just acknowledging the futile nature of them, which I tend to agree with.

My only exception is Peter Aerts, which I stand behind firmly.

Apologies, I realise it's not as deep as the Sittichai vs. Buakaw debate for greatest kickboxer of all time.

no prob.
the hard choice was between petro and buakaw,sittichai wasn't even in the picture...
did I tell you i think buakaw is the greatest?!

I don't think @Tayski is advocating that we ban "greatest" discussions, just acknowledging the futile nature of them, which I tend to agree with.

My only exception is Peter Aerts, which I stand behind firmly.

we all got what captain obvious was trying to say...but it's quite moronic you keep posting into a discussion you deem boring and futile...ignore the "greatest" threads and be gone.

we all got what captain obvious was trying to say...but it's quite moronic you keep posting into a discussion you deem boring and futile...ignore the "greatest" threads and be gone.

Yeah because arguing back and forth with jaymuaythai about who is the greatest is not moronic. Oh the irony

No. Don't tell me what to do. Infact, now that you have I'll continue to inject my opinion.

The only problem with these threads is people allow favoritism to cloud their judgment by picking fighters based of who they prefer. I remember boxing fans saying Pacquiao over Floyd based of Pacquiao being more exciting and being a "nicer guy" and in kickboxing some fans choose the heavyweights over Buakaw because of how popular they were and even on here some of you say Buakaw over Sittichai based off Buakaw being an icon which is all stupid. You need to break down who they've fought, beat and even who they've lost to and how they lost.

In any combat sport you cant pick one fighter as the greatest because no one will ever truly know but you can pick several fighters above the rest like saying Saenchai and Samart are among the best in MT history and in kb among the best sittichai deserves to be up there along side Buakaw and Petro. If I said Sittichai was the greatest of all time then that would of been ignorant just like some of the others on here acting as if they're 100% sure Buakaw was a better kickboxer than sittichai.

No. Don't tell me what to do. Infact, now that you have I'll continue to inject my opinion.

?? was referring to him telling ppl what they shouldn't discussa bout...

what's really pointless is arguing about things we all have the right to speak about in a forum...there are plenty of threads i think i have nothing to contribute and avoid,like this thread now since it has been derailed.

The only problem with these threads is people allow favoritism to cloud their judgment by picking fighters based of who they prefer.
How ironic coming from you. You are Broadcast level when it comes to favoritism.

How ironic coming from you. You are Broadcast level when it comes to favoritism.
No your just using me being a fan of sittichai to justify that somehow I am being biased. I used to love watching Buakaw during his K1 days. I stopped liking him after he stopped facing Thai's and started cherry picking but I've always found him more exciting than both Petro and sittichai but that doesn't change how I effective they are.

No your just using me being a fan of sittichai to justify that somehow I am being biased. I used to love watching Buakaw during his K1 days. I stopped liking him after he stopped facing Thai's and started cherry picking but I've always found him more exciting than both Petro and sittichai but that doesn't change how I effective they are.

Now that is just nonsense. Buakaw has not faced a Thai since Jomhod, and he has not fought in a stadium fight since 2004. Are you saying you love watching Buakaw from
2004-2006 and then just say whatever I would not watch him anymore because he no longer faces Thai fighters?
Buakaw's level of competition had not dropped until around 2011 when he began competing in Thai fight. So he has 7 solid years of competing at the highest level compared to Sittichai's 3 years also in kickboxing ring (late 2014-2017)

Sittichai is a great fighter (perhaps best LW fighter now), but we still need a couple more years to see if his record will match up to Buakaw's or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
well the question was "who is the greatest"...
comparing sittichai career to buakaw's now is pointless;different eras,different opportunities.
buakaw had an impact on the sport like petro.

they are iconic just like many fighters listed here that deserve a mention in the "hall of fame",sittichai is a phenomenal fighter but will never be an icon.
Most people rank the GOAT based on accomplishments and/or perceived skill level

Semmy Schilt is the GOAT and honestly I don't think anyone else even comes close.

He beat every man he ever faced(Everybody knows he didn't lose against Choi) first of all, has a glorious resume with dominant wins against Hoost, Aerts, Bonjasky, Le Banner, Sefo, Hunt, Feitosa, Hari, Ghita, Ignashov, Saki, Zimmerman and even Verhoeven before he was forced to retire. I mean just look at that list. He only lost to Ignashov when he was green, Aerts and Hari and he still got revenge against them.

And during all of this he had 41 MMA fights as well that distracted him.

I have no problem with anyone who considers Aerts or Hoost GOAT, but to me they were too inconsistent with so many KO losses in their primes too. I go with the most unbeatable kickboxer we've ever seen who has beaten every big name in his time and usually in very dominant fashion.

I used to be one of the people who hated on him, but now that he's gone I truly appriciate his greatness.

Semmy Schilt is the GOAT and honestly I don't think anyone else even comes close.

He beat every man he ever faced(Everybody knows he didn't lose against Choi) first of all, has a glorious resume with dominant wins against Hoost, Aerts, Bonjasky, Le Banner, Sefo, Hunt, Feitosa, Hari, Ghita, Ignashov, Saki, Zimmerman and even Verhoeven before he was forced to retire. I mean just look at that list. He only lost to Ignashov when he was green, Aerts and Hari and he still got revenge against them.

And during all of this he had 41 MMA fights as well that distracted him.

I have no problem with anyone who considers Aerts or Hoost GOAT, but to me they were too inconsistent with so many KO losses in their primes too. I go with the most unbeatable kickboxer we've ever seen who has beaten every big name in his time and usually in very dominant fashion.

I used to be one of the people who hated on him, but now that he's gone I truly appriciate his greatness.

aerts and hoost werent inconsistent in their primes(late mid 90s to early 2000),they just faced tougher opposition,they faced Mike Bernardo,JLB,Hug,Filho,Stan the man,Sefo,Cro Cop,Greco,Ignashov,Leko,all of them in their prime,making them more vunerable to loose,and it was of course a better opposition than Semmy Faced in his prime(his biggest victories against opponents in their primes are Bonjasky,Saki,Feitosa,Hari,Ghita,Zimmerman,Gerges and Verhoeven),of course he fought with a lot of prime passed guys who still in the elite like legendary Peter Aerts,JLB,Hoost and Sefo,but it is not the same IMO

i am not underrating Schilt,he dominated it all,but i think Aerts and Hoost had fought with the most dangerous names of the sport in their respective primes,so that is why i think their careers are more significant them Schilt,im not a Schilt hater or anything,i like him,but i pick Aerts and Hoost over them for the reasons above

Most people rank the GOAT based on accomplishments and/or perceived skill level

buakaw is a BETTER fighter than sittichai.
petro is a better fighter than sittichai.
they both happen to have a charisma and an exciting style and a story to tell,which added to their unquestionable skills makes them iconic thus the best.

i'm of of those ppl.. u just had to read the comment below ya know...

aerts and hoost werent inconsistent in their primes(late mid 90s to early 2000),they just faced tougher opposition,they faced Mike Bernardo,JLB,Hug,Filho,Stan the man,Sefo,Cro Cop,Greco,Ignashov,Leko,all of them in their prime,making them more vunerable to loose,and it was of course a better opposition than Semmy Faced in his prime(his biggest victories against opponents in their primes are Bonjasky,Saki,Feitosa,Hari,Ghita,Zimmerman,Gerges and Verhoeven),of

Great fighters, but Schilt's opponents were much bigger and more dangerous, and he completely destroyed all of them. Only huge roided up Hari managed to rush him quickly in their first fight, then Semmy gave Hari one of the most comprehensive beatdowns ever in the rematch at the highest level.

Again, great resumes on Hoost and Aerts but lets look closer. Hoost may have beat them but he also got brutally KTFO by Bernardo, JLB, Filho, Greco and Branko Cikatic, twice against a clown I don't even want to mention.

Aerts also got brutally KTFO by Bernardo, JLB, Leko and many others who shouldn't have beaten him if he's GOAT.

This has to count against them. And you would be mistaken if you think the reason for that is because they were in stronger era's than Schilt, that is not true. Schilt fought in an even stronger, more modern era than them and still dominated. He beat every man he faced! Unreal

course he fought with a lot of prime passed guys who still in the elite like legendary Peter Aerts,JLB,Hoost and Sefo,but it is not the same IMO

Sefo yes, but no he beat the others when they were close to their best. For example Peter Aerts had some of his very best years in 2005 through 2007 and Schilt beat Peter twice in that time, both in WGP finals.

He beat Hoost in Pride kickboxing 2002 which was the year Hoost won K-1 WGP again.

I don't know man I respect opinions who prefer Aerts and Hoost, but the closer I look at Schilt's career, the more and more impressed I am. Because he was always discredited during his career. But now I see the truth.

Last edited:
Great fighters, but Schilt's opponents were much bigger and more dangerous, and he completely destroyed all of them. Only huge roided up Hari managed to rush him quickly in their first fight, then Semmy gave Hari one of the most comprehensive beatdowns ever in the rematch at the highest level.

Again, great resumes on Hoost and Aerts but lets look closer. Hoost may have beat them but he also got brutally KTFO by Bernardo, JLB, Filho, Greco and Branko Cikatic, twice against a clown I don't even want to mention.

Aerts also got brutally KTFO by Bernardo, JLB, Leko and many others who shouldn't have beaten him if he's GOAT.

This has to count against them. And you would be mistaken if you think the reason for that is because they were in stronger era's than Schilt, that is not true. Schilt fought in an even stronger, more modern era than them and still dominated. He beat every man he faced! Unreal

Sefo yes, but no he beat the others when they were close to their best. For example Peter Aerts had some of his very best years in 2005 through 2007 and Schilt beat Peter twice in that time, both in WGP finals.

He beat Hoost in Pride kickboxing 2002 which was the year Hoost won K-1 WGP again.

I don't know man I respect opinions who prefer Aerts and Hoost, but the closer I look at Schilt's career, the more and more impressed I am. Because he was always discredited during his career. But now I see the truth.

to me being knocked out against insanely strong competitors do not take away any credit from hoost and Aerts

i dont think that a fighter is not one of the best because he was defeated more times than others,but because they able to fight against the best HW division on the history of the sport and both had the most success in it.

I cant put Schilt opposition over Aerts and Hoost,their opponents werent more dangerous or best than Hoost and Aerts faced on their primes,but the opposite IMO

the last Year of Hoost career he wasnt near his prime,but it was more than enough to bring good results,same results to Peter Aerts who fought like 7 years out of his prime and was able to be always at least of top 5 on the Schilt generation,i doubt hard that he could do this well with this age against the opposition he had on his prime

bwaahahahahahahahahaha. aerts was an old fart in those years and he was a grand pa 10 years later. it's a testament to his longevity at the top and not his best years or his prime.

aerts his prime was in the nineties, there is no debate about that.

Back