Greatest hypocrisy of MMA fans (Conor legacy vs MM legacy)

A better example would be how Conor got a lot shit for not defending and jumping to a new division and getting an instant title shot while TJ is being cheered on for trying to do the same thing.

Trolls like yourself.

I'm just asking a serious question: you have one guy who is considered a coward because he never defended a title.

You have another guy who is considered a legend because he defended his title more than anyone, but he ducks serious competition.

Why should I care about DJ more?

Very few would consider mm a legend. And no one is telling you to care more about him. In fact, its quite the opposite. The ufc tells you that you should care about conor even though he will likely never return.

For the love of god get his nuts out of your mouth

I think as a general rule one should not discuss anything in a serious manner with someone that believes Conor was competitive against Floyd but instead dismiss them merely for being the fool that they are.

He went over to a sport he never competed in, and fought arguably the greatest of all time in his first fight, and managed to make it competitive and win more rounds against Mayweather than seasoned ATG boxers like Pacquiao, Mosley, etc. This is a man with brass balls.

What a joke.
You're the type of moron who bought the hype and will continue to buy in to it.

It was not competitive - show me a fight when Floyd was walking forward with a high guard. That's right, outside of the glorified sparring session with conor, he doesn't fight that way when he has an actual threat in front of him. conor was and is a fucking bum in the world of boxing and that fight was just to take advantage of a fanbase who did not know better (and to make both floyd and conor millions).

Floyd carried him and when he felt the circus had run it's course took that Palooka out and put him on medical suspension with brain damage.

The anti-Conor trolls don't stop with Conor hate - "derp he never defended a title, that means he's garbage, he's not a real fighter, he's a coward, he's a bum, his legacy is trash, herpaderp scoop de poop poop de scoop."

Meanwhile, whether you like Conor or not, facts are facts: he constantly moved up to challenge himself and put on big fights. When guys like RDA and Aldo dropped out, he told Dana he didn't care who the opponent was, he was up for fighting ANYONE. He went over to a sport he never competed in, and fought arguably the greatest of all time in his first fight, and managed to make it competitive and win more rounds against Mayweather than seasoned ATG boxers like Pacquiao, Mosley, etc. This is a man with brass balls.

Then you have a guy like Mighty Mouse, who gets all the respect in the world. He's defended his title more than anyone. He's p4p #1, the greatest ever, herpaderp. But he does it in a dead division with no true challengers. And when he finally had a TRUE challenger, a guy who actually posed a serious danger to him in TJ Dillashaw, he BLATANTLY ducked him so he could break the defence record against an easy opponent. This isn't even in dispute, it's the official story. Okay, he broke the record, now can he fight TJ? Nope! Ducked again. And now they're both fighting on the exact same card, which further proves the fact there was no legit reason they couldn't fight other than a duck by MM. Now TJ is fighting a legit fight, and DJ is fighting a guy he destroyed easily a year or so ago - a rematch NOBODY asked for.

But yeah, Conor is the coward, and DJ is the greatest because oooooh wow! many defence! such skill! much belt! What a joke.
giphy.gif

Conor fought up in weight when there was nothing to lose. He’s not a hero he’s an opportunist. MM was fighting bigger guys before his weight class was even a thing and still put on a decent fight against Cruz.

"and managed to make it competitive and win more rounds against Mayweather than seasoned ATG boxers like Pacquiao, Mosley, etc."

"Then you have a guy like Mighty Mouse, who gets all the respect in the world."

I understand your point TS, but you went full retard with those sentences.

And it's not hard to imagine a guy being hated for not going up when there's no one left, or another bailing out when there's a lot of people left. You know there's a huge spot between this two situations right?

The anti-Conor trolls don't stop with Conor hate - "derp he never defended a title, that means he's garbage, he's not a real fighter, he's a coward, he's a bum, his legacy is trash, herpaderp scoop de poop poop de scoop."

Meanwhile, whether you like Conor or not, facts are facts: he constantly moved up to challenge himself and put on big fights. When guys like RDA and Aldo dropped out, he told Dana he didn't care who the opponent was, he was up for fighting ANYONE. He went over to a sport he never competed in, and fought arguably the greatest of all time in his first fight, and managed to make it competitive and win more rounds against Mayweather than seasoned ATG boxers like Pacquiao, Mosley, etc. This is a man with brass balls.

Then you have a guy like Mighty Mouse, who gets all the respect in the world. He's defended his title more than anyone. He's p4p #1, the greatest ever, herpaderp. But he does it in a dead division with no true challengers. And when he finally had a TRUE challenger, a guy who actually posed a serious danger to him in TJ Dillashaw, he BLATANTLY ducked him so he could break the defence record against an easy opponent. This isn't even in dispute, it's the official story. Okay, he broke the record, now can he fight TJ? Nope! Ducked again. And now they're both fighting on the exact same card, which further proves the fact there was no legit reason they couldn't fight other than a duck by MM. Now TJ is fighting a legit fight, and DJ is fighting a guy he destroyed easily a year or so ago - a rematch NOBODY asked for.

But yeah, Conor is the coward, and DJ is the greatest because oooooh wow! many defence! such skill! much belt! What a joke.

I imagine a day where u actually get through to one of these mooks.

You’re talking to people who say..

“TJ hasn’t proved anything at 125”

“They should fight for TJs belt at 135”

“Conor fought Floyd Mayweather to duck the likes of Frank Edgar”

.. and picked him to lose every fight since Poirier.

Edit:
PECKAHS!

I imagine a day where u actually get through to one of these mooks.

You’re talking to people who say..

“TJ hasn’t proved anything at 125”

“They should fight for TJs belt at 135”

“Conor fought Floyd Mayweather to duck the likes of Frank Edgar”

.. and picked him to lose every fight since Poirier.

Edit:
PECKAHS!

These Conor haters are green with envy or sumthin

I don't know where you see "all" the respect for MM. Personally I think they both(Conor & MM) get sh*t on a ton(for different reasons). I respect both of their accomplishments, but I prefer watching Conor's fights(MMA).

He went over to a sport he never competed in, and fought arguably the greatest of all time in his first fight, and managed to make it competitive and win more rounds against Mayweather than seasoned ATG boxers like Pacquiao, Mosley, etc. This is a man with brass balls
I guess you didn't understand that Floyd carried Conor and played around with him the entire fight. He opened up more against Conor than he would have any other fighters, because he knew Conor wasn't going to KO him after gassing early.

Let Conor fight some people who aren't going to put on a show, and I bet Conor doesn't last more any longer than his cardio can take him.

Back