Greatest fighter to never win in the UFC?

He won the second fight. It was a weird situation at UFC: The Ultimate Japan.

Sakuraba lied about his weight to get in the heavyweight tournament. He faced a guy significantly bigger than him and suffered some strikes. One of these looked so bad Big John stopped the fight even though Sakuraba didn’t get KOed or need a TKO.

However, because Tank Abbott didn’t want to fight again after winning the only other fight in the tournament, they just had Sakuraba fight the same guy again. This made Sakuraba the first and for a very long time (still?) the only Japanese fighter to have wo a tournament in the UFC.
Sak.gif

Question came up on Luke Thomas’ live chat last week and I think it makes for an interesting discussion.

Who is the greatest fighter to never win in the UFC? This can only include fighters who fought in the UFC so no Fedor, and to start the conversation I’ll throw in Jay Hieron and Kid Yamamoto
Has to be Kid.

Fabio Gurgel competed only once and lost...

Hayato Sakurai is up there near the top if not at the top.

My favorite in this category

tumblr_nyat2xOd7z1re9gg7o6_400.gif

FavoriteUnlinedArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif
That's a fuckin nice ass takedown. Rin nakai both of her UFC loss were close as fk lol. Could've easily went to her.

GIlbert Yvel isn't the greatest, but he was a pretty good fighter and he went 0-3 in UFC

Obvious answr is kid Yamamoto. Rin nakai is a good answer to because those 2 loss was razor thin.

That's a fuckin nice ass takedown. Rin nakai both of her UFC loss were close as fk lol. Could've easily went to her.

Now that they have women's flyweight I think she should could come back and fuck some bitches up! Just looked up her fighter profile, she's been 4-0 since her last UFC fight. All Finishes!

Last edited:
Do you english much, 2017 join date?
Cool beans shit for brains. I'm glad you are such a UFC nerd that you actually give a fuck about obscure journeymen who fought and racked up L's but get an honorable mention in this thread by shitstains like yourself. The greatest fighters who never won in the UFC are Fedor and Ali.

Multiple time world champ James Tony is the correct answer.

Back