Greatest fight that never happened

Fedor vs Barnett

Shame Arona had to fuck it up by beating Wand in that tournament. Had Wand won, we would have saw Shogun vs Wand (without the puppy on the line).

You should've seen it afterwards regardless of Wand's loss. Wand was the 205lbs champ and Shogun was the 205lbs Grand Prix champ. There were two champs in the same weight class, and Shogun had beaten the man who beat Wand.

Instead in typical Pride fashion they booked Wand/Arona II.

Nick diaz vs mcgregor

Wanderlei vs fedor

Aldo vs kid yamamoto

Goldberg vs Austin

GSP vs Silva
Jones vs Silva

Prime Chuck vs prime Wand is number 1.

I heard wayyy back when they thought about hughes vs Andy. Don't know how true it is.
I beleive they were schedualed for ufc 33 and andy went to pride instead and sakarai replaced him.

Carwin vs Velazquez was supposed to happen at ufc 104. I was super excited for that one. Also ufc 106 i was intrigued by coleman vs ortiz

GSP vs Anderson

Fedor vs Barnett
Cro Cop vs Kharitonov
Wanderlei vs Shogun
Machida vs A. Silva
Jon Jones vs Stipe
Hendo vs Jon Jones

out of the whole list

only GSP vs Anderson really missed the boat, they both peaked at the same time however at the ends of their career. GSP wanted no part of AS unfortunately.

Fedor was clearly past his prime for a Brock / Ubereem fight, he was still racking wins, but it was clear that he was struggling for the wins.
Rickson was old by then
AS was at the end of his career when Jones was peaking

Bustamante Vs Hughes would have been big

I disagree on the Fedor vs. Brock assessment. Sure Fedor didn't look unstoppable vs Arvloski, but that was just a tough stylistic match for him. I think if you get that fight signed we see a Prime Focused Fedor in 2009.

Saku vs Rickson obviously isn't Prime vs Prime, but its a huge fight that never happened.

I think Saku vs Hughes woud've been massive too. Saku to me is potentially a GOAT WW if he fought there, but we will never know.

Fedor vs Mir around first Brock time.

BIG Nog is my #1 enemy. Had he beaten Mir I have no doubt we would have got Fedor vs Brock and many others.

Tito-Ortiz-and-Dana-White_large.jpg

Fedor vs Cain. Bas vs Wand (Chuck would've been better, but I don't recall it being talked about).

Back