Greatest fight that never happened

shit my post got a lot more likes than I thought it would. but yeah I think it was 2013 when Pettis snatched the LW belt from Bendo with that armbar, Jose was in the middle of his legendary run. They both looked unstoppable, I was so mad when that fight got cancelled lol,

Ferg vs khabib

latest

Jones would have murdered Andy, sadly.

I would have liked -

Bisping Romero
Fedor Brock
Jones vs Stipe
Jones Brock
Conor McG Edgar
Faber TJ
DJ TJ
Rampage A.Silva

I could keep going but those are some that come to mind

maxresdefault.jpg

Fight between these two legends. Pre Weidman Silva versus clear minded and focused Jones. If Jones was the one to break Anderson streak would you appreciate his legacy more?

This is definitely top 5! Here are my top 5 i order.....

1. Fedor vs. Brock

- Right after Brock beat Mir at UFC 100 and Fedor had that iconic KO of Arvloski at Affliction: Day of Reckoning
- This would've been the biggest fight in MMA history and would've given Fedor the opportunity to be more "mainstream". He is the clear GOAT, but this would've immortalized him in terms of popularity.

2. GSP vs. Anderson

- Anytime after GSP beat BJ and Anderson beat Hendo and before Anderson lost to Weidman.
- Two fighters one weight class apart. P4P leaders for years. Both in UFC. THIS FIGHT SHOULD'VE happened.

3. Saku vs. Rickson

- Right after Saku beat Ryan.
- The Gracie Hunter vs. The Gracie Champion. This fight would've have been the biggest fight in JMMA history.

4. Jones vs. Anderson

- Right after Jones beat Rashad and SIlva embarrassed Bonner. Bothe had essentially cleaned out their division and Silva was still "Prime".
- Probably become a bigger fight than GSP vs. SIlva if Jones hadn't went off the rails.

5. Fedor vs. Overeem

- Right after Fedor decapitated Rogers.
- Best fight SF could've made and I think we get one last great fight out of Fedor here cause I think he would've trained very hard for this.

Honorable Mentions: Aldo vs. Pettis, Fedor vs. Randy, Saku vs. Hughes, Wand vs. Shogun, Cro Cop vs. Randy, Shamrocks, Brock vs. Cro Cop

Never saw them fight..are those online somewhere??

I know they had some history...

Wasn't Silva portraying him as a ruthless bully?...who drove on purpose throu some dirt water to splash Anderson's daughter or something?

And Pelé responded with that video:

Yeah, this video was a reaction to Spider´s book where he wrote about this water thing.

In this video, Pele talks about the 2 fights, sayin´he got the better in 1, and Spider did well in the other..

Never saw them online.

Tank Abbott vs Gary Goodridge at UFC19

I heard wayyy back when they thought about hughes vs Andy. Don't know how true it is.
silva didnt get his rhythm together till he got to the european fight circuit. At that time, he really started to avoid the ground really well while maintaining his elite standup skills. Early in his career while hughes was peaking, I'de say silva would have lost.

This is definitely top 5! Here are my top 5 i order.....

1. Fedor vs. Brock

- Right after Brock beat Mir at UFC 100 and Fedor had that iconic KO of Arvloski at Affliction: Day of Reckoning
- This would've been the biggest fight in MMA history and would've given Fedor the opportunity to be more "mainstream". He is the clear GOAT, but this would've immortalized him in terms of popularity.

2. GSP vs. Anderson

- Anytime after GSP beat BJ and Anderson beat Hendo and before Anderson lost to Weidman.
- Two fighters one weight class apart. P4P leaders for years. Both in UFC. THIS FIGHT SHOULD'VE happened.

3. Saku vs. Rickson

- Right after Saku beat Ryan.
- The Gracie Hunter vs. The Gracie Champion. This fight would've have been the biggest fight in JMMA history.

4. Jones vs. Anderson

- Right after Jones beat Rashad and SIlva embarrassed Bonner. Bothe had essentially cleaned out their division and Silva was still "Prime".
- Probably become a bigger fight than GSP vs. SIlva if Jones hadn't went off the rails.

5. Fedor vs. Overeem

- Right after Fedor decapitated Rogers.
- Best fight SF could've made and I think we get one last great fight out of Fedor here cause I think he would've trained very hard for this.

Honorable Mentions: Aldo vs. Pettis, Fedor vs. Randy, Saku vs. Hughes, Wand vs. Shogun, Cro Cop vs. Randy, Shamrocks, Brock vs. Cro Cop
out of the whole list

only GSP vs Anderson really missed the boat, they both peaked at the same time however at the ends of their career. GSP wanted no part of AS unfortunately.

Fedor was clearly past his prime for a Brock / Ubereem fight, he was still racking wins, but it was clear that he was struggling for the wins.
Rickson was old by then
AS was at the end of his career when Jones was peaking

Bustamante Vs Hughes would have been big

maxresdefault.jpg

Fight between these two legends. Pre Weidman Silva versus clear minded and focused Jones. If Jones was the one to break Anderson streak would you appreciate his legacy more?

I disagree.
I think the fight to make was GSP & Silva.
Jones arrived when SIlva was visibly slowing down.

But GSP & Silva were at the top for a lot more time together.

That's besides the clash of styles, of course.

Nick Diaz vs. Matt Brown
Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown
Chris Leben vs. Josh Koscheck rematch

silva didnt get his rhythm together till he got to the european fight circuit. At that time, he really started to avoid the ground really well while maintaining his elite standup skills. Early in his career while hughes was peaking, I'de say silva would have lost.
Idk, Andy fucked up Hayato Sakurai when he was undefeated p4p #1 in the world only 2 years after he took silver in absolute adcc. He fucked him up standing and on the ground. I think it might be a close fight.

no, i don't think so. fedor would have destroyed him, in my opinion. lots of us were saying it even back then.
Yeah he would’ve. But I remember the buzz about that fight happening but the ufc wouldn’t let randy fight. They even put them on the cover of ea mma.

Back