Greatest Canadian fighter? St. Pierre or Lewis?

Lennox ducked the rematch with Vitali and retired.
That is exactly what I said - he ducked the rematch and got out when the tough got going. However, he fought the best of his time (never ducked Andy), did not cut 30 pounds to get an advantage and atleast did not return to fight a Rahman (Bisping caliber fluke champ) or inferior champ to try and bolster his status.

Yes. He would lose to all of them. Weight classes exist for a reason. Pick the worst HW on the roster and GSP would still lose.

Thankfully for you we will never find out. I think most people agree GSP would demolish guys like Cyril Asker

That is exactly what I said - he ducked the rematch and got out when the tough got going. However, he fought the best of his time (never ducked Andy), did not cut 30 pounds to get an advantage and atleast did not return to fight a Rahman (Bisping caliber fluke champ) or inferior champ to try and bolster his status.

He "got out" when he was almost 40 and his would-be wife demanded that he quit the sport. A rematch would have been nice for everyone, but a near 40 year old who fought through maybe the deepest HW era in sport's history and came out with clearly the best resume from that era doesn't really owe anyone a rematch if he wants to retire.

Your criticisms of GSP are a little ridiculous, as well. His choice to fight Bisping was clearly opportunistic and should be viewed in context (he beat an old fighter who was barely one of the 10 best MWs in the world), but it's hardly the first time that has ever happened in prize fighting. Come to think of it, pretty much everything I've seen you post is ridiculous and tinged with a bizarre agenda.

Last edited:
Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The gutless coward Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 40 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Also Lewis ducked Roy Jones Jr.

He ducked Riddick Bowe

He also ducked Wladimir

Lewis ducked Roy Jones, Riddick Bowe, and Wladimir Klitschko? This is truly a novel take.

George Chuvalo

<bball2>
Now you're talking (chuvalo) i used to live near niagra falls, north of the border and my dad took me to a few sabre games in buffalo. it was weird in buffalo, on every street corner there was fat guy counting a wad of cash

Now you're talking (chuvalo) i used to live near niagra falls, north of the border and my dad took me to a few sabre games in buffalo. it was weird in buffalo, on every street corner there was fat guy counting a wad of cash

Tom Barrasso baby.

Lewis ducked Roy Jones, Riddick Bowe, and Wladimir Klitschko? This is truly a novel take.

It was more about money and respect than anything. Bowe had just beaten Holyfield and the WBC said he had to defend against a relatively unknown boxer who was demanding more money. And Lewis was put in that position by beating Ruddock who after getting smoked by Tyson twice ended up in a title eliminator with Lewis by beating the monsters Greg Page and Phil Jackson! It was a pretty big step-down to fight Lewis who at that point wasn't thrilling anyone that much.

HBO did do a masterful job of selling Lewis as a great champion when he was under contract in his later years but he was never that popular. Outside of Tyson and Holyfield his PPVs put up numbers that were considered flops then and would be called disasters now.

Lewis would go on to dump two belts himself because of financial considerations so the Bowe focus has always seemed silly. But the media liked Lennox a lot better so it is what it is.

If people think the heavyweight division is bad now, take a look at some of the guys who were getting title shots back then. Like the aforementioned Phil Jackson who somehow ended up in a fight against Lewis when he was handed the WBC title.

Lewis was born on 2 September 1965, in London, England...

JOSH.jpg heres a couple of souviners to help you decide. anyway to get a poll here?

did vitali really deserve a rematch? look at his face
Vpd4vjA.jpg
Poor ATT!

You need to kill yourself, fast.
You have to remember that Lewis wasn't that big of a deal after the Razor win and so Bowe wanted to be paid more to fight a unknown commodity like Lewis. The WBC tried to force the fight but they couldn't come to terms financially.

Back