Greatest Canadian fighter? St. Pierre or Lewis?

The guy is british and gsp is goat by a canada mile
No, Glenn Gould is the only GOAT from Canada. GSP was a great MMA fighter but there have been better fighters. Rush is a good band but there have been better. Gould is the only GOAT from the north, the only truly best of all time at what he did.

Vitali = Pig Pigg

Both got a lil sweaty in the hands when they stopped facing cans and got some real tough fights. A credit to Lewis was that he did not come back and look to fight Rahman tho. The opportunistic cherry picking of blind Bisping has to be one of the more embarrassing moments in combat sport.
Cherry picked I disagree

Was a big name fight gsp said he wanted for years. For a title too.

Bisping fresh off couple big wins the hype was decent. I enjoyed bisping gsp.

Also remember Lewis ducked Chris Byrd for whatever reason. Also he ducked all southpaws.

Yep. GSP is a Canadian duck and cherry picker extraordinaire. Lennox beat the best fighters of his day and ducked no one. However, like GSP, he got out when the fights got tougher.
GSP cleaned out his division like a boss and has more top 10 and top 5 ranked opponent victories than any other ufc champ. The only cherry you have to worry about is your own and when it will finally get popped.

Except TS asked who the better fighter is, not boxer or fish.

GSP is the better fighter by virtue of being the best fighter in history
How's he the best fighter of all time? He would lose to every HW on the roster. Virtually every LHW. And plenty of MW's. He's obviously the best WW of all time, but he isn't even remotely close to the best fighter.

Yep. GSP is a Canadian duck and cherry picker extraordinaire. Lennox beat the best fighters of his day and ducked no one. However, like GSP, he got out when the fights got tougher.

Lennox ducked the rematch with Vitali and retired.

How's he the best fighter of all time? He would lose to every HW on the roster. Virtually every LHW. And plenty of MW's. He's obviously the best WW of all time, but he isn't even remotely close to the best fighter.

LMAOOO GSP would not lose to every HW on the roster...have you seen the HW roster?

Cherry picked I disagree

Was a big name fight gsp said he wanted for years. For a title too.

Bisping fresh off couple big wins the hype was decent. I enjoyed bisping gsp.
I enjoyed Bisping GSP too but it was an obvious fact that he would not defend against Knuckles and would vacate if he won/not fight Knuckles/relevant MW or WW if forced - he wanted blind Bisping, who arguably lost to retired 50 year old Hendo in his last outing. GSP and Bisping both sparred before and GSP just had his number, that is why he came back to fight him and not Weidman or Luke - do you really think he would have fought either?

And it was not big of a fight, did not even break one million PPV's, and GSP had much larger in his career. If he wanted larger, he could have fought Andy, but he never did, so spar us that 'just looking for money fights'. GSP has and will always be a cautious opportunist, and cherry picking Bisping and then vacating after the fight did nothing but further cement that legacy.

This conversation is pointless with dick riders, as rationality and objectivity evade all that ride the D. GSP is great, but he is not GOAT and he is a cautious cherry picker.

Keeping it short and sweet. Lennox or Georges, speak up lads!
View attachment 345441
or
View attachment 345443
many British fans regarded him as "a Canadian at heart and a Briton for convenience."[19] In 2015 Lewis explained "When I turned pro, I had to go to the United Kingdom in order to pursue my career. The infrastructure to develop boxers wasn't in Canada then."
Both beat every fighter they faced. Also could beat people up but sometimes fought conservatively. Interesting one. Although GSP was the actual best in general in his peak.

LMAOOO GSP would not lose to every HW on the roster...have you seen the HW roster?
Yes. He would lose to all of them. Weight classes exist for a reason. Pick the worst HW on the roster and GSP would still lose.

Back