Greatest 90s action star

also if you guys love action movies like me, peep the YT channel Rossatron
dude does great lists, analysis of actions movies past and present.

This video perfectly encapsulates why modern action movies suck w/ all the editing, jumpcuts, non fighting actors, etc..

Pretty interesting. I'll sub to this guy's channel.

I actually own the first Ninja movie and have also seen Shadow of a Tear. He's right that the action is very well done, and that's the case in both films. He's also right about Florentine being a very good action director.

It's a shame that Shadow of a Tear was disappointing on a narrative level, though. The first one is a superior film for that reason, I think.

Van Damme was always the one who was most important to me personally. He was a HUGE inspiration to me back in the day.

Objectively it was Arnold.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. I loved JCVD as a kid. But Arnold had T2, True Lies, Last Action Hero, and a number of other great 90s films.

2CC5882200000578-3249758-Unhappy_Starship_Troopers_star_Van_Dien_may_have_been_the_unhapp-m-65_1443231565309.jpg

also if you guys love action movies like me, peep the YT channel Rossatron
dude does great lists, analysis of actions movies past and present.

This video perfectly encapsulates why modern action movies suck w/ all the editing, jumpcuts, non fighting actors, etc..

Good recommend bro. Been watching this dudes vids for a couple hours now

Whoever that is sucks and that movie sucks. Goddamn I get sick and tired of hearing how awesome Starship Troopers is.

It's not. Shitty acting, shitty writing, shitty characters, shitty special effects, and shitty premise. Fuck that movie and fuck everyone who claims to love it.

Whoever that is sucks and that movie sucks. Goddamn I get sick and tired of hearing how awesome Starship Troopers is.

It's not. Shitty acting, shitty writing, shitty characters, shitty special effects, and shitty premise. Fuck that movie and fuck everyone who claims to love it.
{<jimmies}

<escalate99>

Are we talking just about Hollywood stars? Because Jet Li and Jackie Chan made a lot of movies as well.

5TdoSkv.gif

the asain guy who gets shot in his face in double impact is also the villian in bloodsport

then theres tiger joe who is in every movie (asain with long hair)
Tong Po in Kickboxer is, I believe, the same guy that gets his knee compound fractured in Bloodsport.

Also, for all those saying JCVD for this thread, remember that Bloodsport was made in the 80s.

Ladies and gentleman Mr. Conway Twitty

Keanu Reeves is the first guy to come to mind, so let's go with that.

I know Arnold and Sly were still doing a lot of action stuff in the 90s, but I consider them too much 80s to count them in the 90s.

Nic Cage action movies were just shit, Arnoldo for T2 alone takes the 90s. Then you have Robert De Niro with Heat and Ronin, two of the best action movies of the 90s.

De Niro for the Win.

robert_de_niro___ronin_by_gabrielttoro-d6doytm.jpg

The 80s guys lasted 10 or 20 minutes into the 90s, and that's enough to take the decade.
Arnold and Bruce

Jackie Chan:
Supercop 1 and 2.
Legend of Drunken Master.
Rumble in the Bronx.
Who Am I?
Mr. Nice Guy.
Rush Hour.
First Strike.
Crime Story.
Operation Condor /Armour of God 2.
Twin Dragons.