Great knockout, but did Vitor really show us something?

I'm very impressed, it was great.

But what he showed is power and an ability to finish when he has someone rocked, that's something that he has shown in virtually every fight and has never been questioned. Did he show anything in his arsenal that he didn't have when he fought Silva or Jones?

what the hell did you want him to do? win by flying gogoplata?

please.... at 43 you thought it was that hard.. really? that was a joke of a fight dan looking down begging to get knockout.... what a joke

well no one else has EVER knocked out or tkoed Henderson, so there is that.

First and foremost, it was a great knockout, very cool.

But I don't think that fight raises his stock at all. He can hit hard and stop people, but we knew that going into the fight, he didn't show that he has improved on any weakness, or broadened his game. I see no reason to think he has a better chance against Silva again, or that he has much of a chance against Weidman

Middleweight
Champion : Chris Weidman
1 Anderson Silva
2 Vitor Belfort
3 Ronaldo Souza
4 Michael Bisping
5 Lyoto Machida
6 Luke Rockhold
7 Mark Munoz
8 Francis Carmont
9 Costa Philippou
10 Tim Kennedy

Light Heavyweight
Champion : Jon Jones
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Glover Teixeira
3 Phil Davis
4 Rashad Evans
5 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
6 Chael Sonnen
7 Dan Henderson
8 Gegard Mousasi
9 Mauricio Rua
10 Lyoto Machida​

did he show us something? well, he certainly didn't show us nothing.

There are still the same questions we have about Vitor.

We've ALWAYS known he's pretty much the most dangerous man in MMA for the first round. What happens after that when the fight progresses, and he's pushed?

Because he's been ending his fights so early, we simply have no idea. What we do know is he has a long track record of fading after a round or 2. This could very well still be the case.

Thank you for proving some people on here still have a sense of reading comprehension.

The topic of this thread is concentric around what -- if any -- vitor showed us that was new. We've all known for a long time that Vitor is an incredible flurry when he goes off and can knock out anybody at any time if they wade in there with him.

Hendo made that mistake as a poor gameplanner. I can't even think of a fighter I would even consider advising to try bulldozing him down with strikes in the first round. So, to answer the TS I think the answer is no. We didn't learn anything we didn't already know about vitor. If anything, we learned that it's business as usual and this is his best vehicle for a win -- overwhelm fast and early.

And, impressive as hell to too Hendo.

He knocked out Dan the M'Fuchckhing Henderson Yo!

boy-shout.gif

Last edited:
That was one of the sickest finishing combos I have ever seen in MMA. Choice of strikes was flawless. It wasn't like one big strike that put the guy to sleep. He rocked someone with an iron chin and then never gave him a chance to recover landing monster blow after monster blow.

Vitor showed that he still has what made him great. The ability to come on like an avalanche when he's got the upper hand on you. Maybe Vitor is not the best when facing adversity but goddamn is he a beast when he's got you on the ropes.

Knocking out one of the best chins in the game in the first striking exchange. YES, it shows us hes even more dangerous than we thought.

I don't actually disagree with the TS. Fading Henderson wasn't a great match-up for Vitor at this point, so the win isn't too incredible on paper.

That said, Vitor got the most value from that win that he possibly could have, and he deserves credit for that.

Honestly, I am concerned about how he will handle grapplers. His last few opponents were too willing to stand and bang with him. Hendo charged him without a second thought about defense. I would like to see how he would handle someone like Jacare or Weidman rather than see him headkick another striker. Even if Anderson wins, I really don't want to see that rematch much. I'd rather see Anderson fight GSP if he beats Hendricks. I think if GSP is serious about hanging them up in the near future, this may be his last chance.

He knocked out a man that Anderson Silva, prime Wandy, both Rua brothers, and both Nogs in their prime couldn't knock out.

I think that's pretty damn impressive.

Back