Great knockout, but did Vitor really show us something?

Jones would abuse vitor again.. If vitor fights in the USA, he won't have the horse meat nor the size advantage

Not saying I think Vitor would win. But, you do realize he had a broken hand going into his fight with Jones which is why he didn't really try to strike much and kept pulling guard. Vitor is known for his striking. I think not having a broken hand could make a difference in how he performs against Jones, no?

He didn't show us anything we didn't already know, he's a legit mofo with dynamite in all his limbs. If you didn't know that already that says more about you than it does about him. To be clear, this doesn't take anything away from Vitor, his performance was stellar and his KO very impressive. But educated fans knew very well he was capable of just this.

yeah vitor showed he definitely deserves that TS. i'd understand if the fight was close or controversial, but that was a KO against Hendo

Home crowd TRT Belfort beats Jones and Weidman in the same night!

I understand where you're coming from TS and I agree. There was literally nothing other than that exchange and we already knew Vitor has nasty power in every strike. Was it impressive, of course, no one has ever stopped Hendo. But it didn't teach us anything new.

He KO's the guy that had never been KO'd and who KO'd Fedor....pfft, just 'nother day at the office.

I guess he should've done some backflips of the cage to impress you.

He doesn't have to show you anything, you know he won and with ease. We've learned 3-4 fights ago that Vitor is a full fledged kickboxer now. And he keeps showcasing his new tools every fight since then.

We all know Vitor could kick way before Bisping, but prior to that he wasn't confident enough to use those kicks to their full extent.

Vitor is more dangerous than ever these days. Before, all his opponents had to worry about were his fast hands, but now they have to expect those kicks too which makes him more unpredictable.

If you can't see any improvements in the way Vitor fights since his loss to Anderson, then I don't know what to tell you.

He showed us he can knock Dan mothafuckin Henderson out cold, what else do you want?

:icon_lol:

What Belfort has showed me, a lot recently.

1. Kicks, there is no denying after the string of headkick KO's that he uses kicks a lot more than he used to. This is pretty rare for a strker to start in his later career, look at Crocop, Wanderlei, Shogun etc.. they start reverting to throwing hands more than shins, even Fedor used to mix in the kicks strikng, when you get older you want to conserve that gas tank. Vitor has evolved his striking game in my eyes.

2. Being more of a thinking fighter, this you can see in him being more conservative with the agression and looking for counters vs the bullrush of a lot of old fights. Look at the outstretched arms against Hendo, he was playing Jon Jones games. He is a slightly longer fighter and faster too so the outstretched stance made it easier to counter shots from Dan. A great gameplan.

3. He knocked out Dan Henderson. Maby that hasnt sunk in yet but read Dan's record over and read the names who have tried and failed from Heavyweight to guys who rarely leave with anything other than a KO. Vitors strikes have more venom on them than pretty much anyone in the UFC from the top down. Your talking a Valesquez hook to the jaw or a Junior uppercut to the chin, Vitor is fast and posses the power to put Hendo out.

Anyone not named Lyoto Machida or Anderson Silva would be best advised to shoot for a double leg stright off the bat.

Smh this is what guys do when a knockout artist Knocksout a legend who's never been knockedout before...... Pretty sad IMO. That counter left uppercut was executed perfectly. And then Vitor not throwing strictly punches and using the leg kick showed composure while going for the kill.

Not saying I think Vitor would win. But, you do realize he had a broken hand going into his fight with Jones which is why he didn't really try to strike much and kept pulling guard. Vitor is known for his striking. I think not having a broken hand could make a difference in how he performs against Jones, no?

Is this true?!!

If so I think he would be better to go after the 205lbs shot, he wouldnt be leapfrogging Glover really and Gus has a fight lined up. He always said he wanted that before and Anderson Silva rematch. If Anderson beats Weidman I wonder if he will push for a Jones rematch insted of a 185lbs shot?

No it didn't show much besides the fact that Vitor has great timing and now pretty natural with the legs. Would have been nice to see him break Hendo down the way he did Bispey.

It actually isn't, but whatever.

He just beat a good opponent in the first round. Exactly what he should have done to warrant a title shot.

It actually IS, it's called mixed martial arts, not mixed point fighting. Martial Arts are meant for self defense, in order to properly defend yourself and be considered a true martial artist you should be able to finish your opponents or what would be the point? Who'd skills you rather have for self defense purposes? Chaels or Vitors? Even in sports not necessarily made to finish your opponents, people will remember finishers like Rocky Marciano, Mike Tyson, and Muhhamad Ali. And there is hardly any love for the K-brothers in boxing.

You don't HAVE to finish, but you sure do have to try. I've seen plenty of amazing fights that don't end in a finish, but the two fighters constantly were looking for it like true martial artists. If your game plan is primarily to win by decisions, you're in the wrong sport, join karate point fighting, or join wrestling, or join amateur MMA in California but don't further water down the MA's because you can't appreciate the tremendous amount of skills it takes to be a constant finisher in this sport.

Bisping, Ace, Rashad, Lyoto, Fedor, Misaki, Wand, Rampage, Bustamante, Arona, Shogun, Ninja, Lil Nog, Babalu, Yvel, Newton could not stop Hendo.

Vitor KO's him in 80secs but fails to impress TS... must try harder next time

He showed us the benefits of past Roid use plus current TRT use.. and whatever else he can get his hands on since they don't test for anything in Brazil

Vitor is tested throughout his camp pretty regularly in Brazil. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Sorry Vitor knocked Hendo out so quick. Hopefully next time he'l show us more.

First and foremost, it was a great knockout, very cool.

But I don't think that fight raises his stock at all. He can hit hard and stop people, but we knew that going into the fight, he didn't show that he has improved on any weakness, or broadened his game. I see no reason to think he has a better chance against Silva again, or that he has much of a chance against Weidman

STFU. He just showed you non-believers that he can KO anybody more easily than just about anybody else can. He's going to put to sleep the champ whether it be Silva or Weidman if Dana's honors his word which we know he rarely does.

What the fuck would constitute "showing us something"--a 10 foot flying spinning suplex? A Matrix style crane kick complete with slow-mo? Throwing Hendo bodily out of the cage and onto the ringside fans?

Or how about stopping one of the top all time MMA chins / recovery artists within a round.

I don't know about you TS. And I say this as a longtime fan of Dangerous Dan.

Back