Great knockout, but did Vitor really show us something?

Seeing current Vitor is just crazy. He is so dangerous with every strike and seemingly moreso than ever.

I think he can beat anyone at MW and would have a hard time even picking Weidman or Anderson over him, right now.

Hope Vitor gets whoever wins the Silva/Weidman rematch.

ive been saying for years now that vitor got caught by Anderson, nothing moe than that... plus vitor was coming off a long layoff, imo that solidifies my argument.

i trully believe vitor would ko anderson in a rematch, he is much more faster, powerful and in his last fights he has shown alot of technique... finding very small openings to ko his opponents...

huge machida fan here and ive been praying machida vs vitor never happens, it seems to be working for now.

ive been saying for years now that vitor got caught by Anderson, nothing moe than that... plus vitor was coming off a long layoff, imo that solidifies my argument.

lol @ this

I disagree with the premise of this thread. Vitor has knocked out three very worthy opponents all with head kicks. The whole thing took him like ten minutes.

TEN MINUTES. Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, Dan Henderson. All head kicks.

There is absolutely no coincidence that not one of those three men could mount any substantial offense whatsoever before getting their head kicked off their shoulders. I'm no Vitor fan but the fact that I'm pretty sure he never head kick KO'd anyone in his career (as far as I can remember anyway) and does it three in a row to high level guys...

Vitor has improved his game. He has not lost in 7 years (the last of which he avenged tonight). His only two losses in 12 fights since then were title fights at 185 and 205 against Anderson (MW GOAT and arguable GOAT) and Jones (arguable LHW GOAT and arguable future GOAT). He might always have trouble with these fast rangier guys who can wear him down with superior counters or wrestling (Anderson, Jones) but I don't really know what more you want him to do.

Of those 10 wins, btw, he won 8 by KO, 1 by sub, and 1 by decision. Again, not a Vitor fan here, but I don't see where anyone gets off acting like Vitor hasn't gotten better or something.

TL;DR - Yes he's shown us something.

Finishing a guy like Hendo in the first round means nothing. Hilarious.

he has the same chance against Anderson he had in the first fight, a pretty good one. Didn't turn his way the first time but easily could have. He got caught.

He has shown us a lot lately, he's shown that he is not on the decline but instead improving. Apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I disagree with the premise of this thread. Vitor has knocked out three very worthy opponents all with head kicks. The whole thing took him like ten minutes.

TEN MINUTES. Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, Dan Henderson. All head kicks.

There is absolutely no coincidence that not one of those three men could mount any substantial offense whatsoever before getting their head kicked off their shoulders. I'm no Vitor fan but the fact that I'm pretty sure he never head kick KO'd anyone in his career (as far as I can remember anyway) and does it three in a row to high level guys...

Vitor has improved his game. He has not lost in 7 years (the last of which he avenged tonight). His only two losses in 12 fights since then were title fights at 185 and 205 against Anderson (MW GOAT and arguable GOAT) and Jones (arguable LHW GOAT and arguable future GOAT). He might always have trouble with these fast rangier guys who can wear him down with superior counters or wrestling (Anderson, Jones) but I don't really know what more you want him to do.

Of those 10 wins, btw, he won 8 by KO, 1 by sub, and 1 by decision. Again, not a Vitor fan here, but I don't see where anyone gets off acting like Vitor hasn't gotten better or something.

TL;DR - Yes he's shown us something.
I tend to agree with here since he has put away those 3. In fact he has been on a tear after his loss to Hendo except for his matches against Jones and Anderson.

What?! He showed us he can knock out the unknockoutable...

Face firmly encased within palm...

I hope Machida gets a crack at him in the USA so he can officially derail the TRT Vitor hype train permanently.

I hope Machida gets a crack at him in the USA so he can officially derail the TRT Vitor hype train permanently.

I'm sorry, not gonna happen so soon. Belfort is going to fight for the title next.

Yeah, it was very cool that he knocked out Hendo.

But before the fight, was anyone really thinking "If vitor can catch someone clean and finish them, he'll have proven he's a more dangerous contender for the title"?

That, or beat Hendo otherwise. Great fighters are great because they keep winning their fights against top opponents: It doesn't matter HOW they win. It matters THAT they win (GSP is probably the best example of this). And the fact that Vitor knocked out Henderson -- whom I've always thought has the best chin in the sport -- propels him up even higher in my book.

The only other matchup that I think could notch Vitor's contender status higher at this point were if he were to fight and beat Machida. But I don't see that matchup happening for a while.

Vitor next fight, title fight or not, needs to be out of brazil. He looked so big and was so fast against hendo. I know he makes big money in brazil but dana needs to make his next fight in america, just to clear up any doubts about him. If he looks and performs the same not on trt then cool, he deserves his victories. If he looks slow sluggish and not and conditioned, well shame on dana for dragging this whole thing out

Yeah, it was very cool that he knocked out Hendo.

But before the fight, was anyone really thinking "If vitor can catch someone clean and finish them, he'll have proven he's a more dangerous contender for the title"?

You know Hendo is also on TRT, right? Right?

I guess TKOing Hendo, scoring a third head kick KO in a row isn't enough? What did you want Vitor to do, go out there and wrestlehump Hendo? He further proved hom dangerous he is, how quick he is, how precise he is. Make no mistake Weidman cant compete with him in the striking department and in a Silva rematch he wont let Silva get off the first good shot again.

Back