Great fight with Rory and Lima

If one's a Rock'em Sock'em Robots fan, it wasn't a great fight.

But it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS for a reason instead of BOXING or KICKBOXING.

Wrestling is part of MMA.

Always has and alway will be.

If Lima had better TDD, he would've ended Rory right then and there.
Just realizing something. Let me get this straight. You think this was a great fight?

it was a pretty bad fight.

lots of stale mating.

That happens in the UFC, too, you know.....

Remember Woodley/Wonderboy?

The so-called "Chess match"? Yeah.

You expected either quick striking, takedowns and quick transitions into submission attempts......except you're not going to get Demetrious Johnson level skill in Bellator.

This fight was DECENT(at best). Rory did what he needed to do to WIN, Period.

It was kind of a boring fight and I found the Stipe Ngannou fight entertaining. Both grappling and striking can be exiting and boring. Like the above poster said there was a lot of stalemating.

Because unlike the Lima/Rory fight, there was TRUE DANGER that one shot by Francis would end the fight right then and there if Stipe did not continue to hold Francis down(and let him up).

Plus, even when Francis was basically sleepwalking/walking like a Zombie(he was dead tired, basically), his hands were still deadly.

As dominant as Lima has been, and with all due respect, his power is not exactly on Ngannou's level. That said, Rory did what he needed to do to WIN the title. His leg got fucked up and his nose was re-arranged(again) but he got the job done.

I thought the fight was okay. Not exciting but not yawn-inducing either like Woodley/Wonderboy(for example).

It sucked. If you enjoyed it, good for you. You have been duped into enjoying a shit product.

It only sucked because your boy Lima lost. If he won, you would've been on his tip all night long.

Hell....you might be on it, regardless. <{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}>

That happens in the UFC, too, you know.....

Remember Woodley/Wonderboy?

The so-called "Chess match"? Yeah.

You expected either quick striking, takedowns and quick transitions into submission attempts......except you're not going to get Demetrious Johnson level skill in Bellator.

This fight was DECENT(at best). Rory did what he needed to do to WIN, Period.
who said anything about ufc vs bellator?

sure rory got the job done. that wasnt the point of the post. youre trying to make this out to be a fucking barn burner. it obviously wasnt.

its hilarious that mma has hipster fans like you. ones that dont understand or train any form of fighting to boost.

This fight shit all over the HW title fight in ufc....

Fight was excellent

who said anything about ufc vs bellator?

sure rory got the job done. that wasnt the point of the post. youre trying to make this out to be a fucking barn burner. it obviously wasnt.

its hilarious that mma has hipster fans like you. ones that dont understand or train any form of fighting to boost.

Oh so to be an MMA fan, I have to train in fighting?

I can't be a fan just for the sake of wanting to be a fan then?

Fuck off with that soapbox shit, pal.

reading comprehension really isnt your thing huh

JTCPiTC.jpg

Colby would legitimately 50-42 Lima. If Rory can wrestlefuck you then imagine what Colby would do.

lima with fight IQ beats him, I feel

Lima planted the seed with the low leg kicks but he was never able to capitalize like he wanted to in rds 4 and 5. Sucks.

Rory stuck in there but we can definitely see who took the most damage.

Ben Askren, Jimmy Smith and Woodley have all commented on Lima's leg kicks. Sparring and or fighting, all say they don't look impressive but they are extremely damaging and hard.

Problem is for Lima ,it's been proven over and over again that he still hasn't developed when taken down by a wrestler. Has very poor scrambles and can't get up. Rory was damaged ,leg was jacked and still Lima couldn't get to his feet. Unless that changes Rory now knows exactly what to do and will beat him easily in a rematch. Won't stand at all next time, take him down and dominate. Probably doing more damage with Grand P or getting the sub. His movement and ability was so bad by the third round it amazing he did what he did.

Turns out it was Lima who took Rory's health (in his leg at least).

Colby would legitimately 50-42 Lima. If Rory can wrestlefuck you then imagine what Colby would do.
Styles make fights. Rory would probably finish Colby inside of five rounds.

Lima loses to Wonderboy or Woodley. Wonderboy out strikes him, Woodley coasts to a UD

Yep. He also loses to prime Lawler (the version who beat Rory twice). Current Lawler probably isn't Top 10 any longer. Age, too many wars and perhaps the USADA took their toll on him.

If one's a Rock'em Sock'em Robots fan, it wasn't a great fight.

But it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS for a reason instead of BOXING or KICKBOXING.

Wrestling is part of MMA.

Always has and alway will be.

If Lima had better TDD, he would've ended Rory right then and there.

Yeah, these fans sound like Rampage. They want two guys to stand in the pocket and swing at each other like two wild drunks in a bar...until someone is KO'd. If they don't, it's not a real fight and they're not fighting like "real men."

Rory won 1,2,5 but he got so messed up it felt like he still lost.

That hematoma was nasty and he got busted up quick. I'd pick Lima in their inevitable rematch.

So you're basing that and Lima landing a similar kick again? Because that's what messed up Rory. I hate to tell you, but that's a very rare event. It's like of like Weidman's check that broke Anderson's leg. How many other single leg kicks like that has Lima landed? It's not something you can just duplicate every fight.

It only sucked because your boy Lima lost. If he won, you would've been on his tip all night long.

Hell....you might be on it, regardless. <{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}><{ohyeah}>
My boy Lima? Could not give a shit less about either guy. The fight just sucked.

Back