Great fight with Rory and Lima

mma_genius

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I predict a rematch, and Rory learns how to dodge a few of those leg kicks.

I thought Rory was going to dominate him. After the first two rounds, which I felt Rory barely won, I knew Lima was going to do make it interesting.

I think Lima beats any WW in the UFC.

Lima loses to Wonderboy or Woodley. Wonderboy out strikes him, Woodley coasts to a UD

Rory won 1,2,5 but he got so messed up it felt like he still lost.

That hematoma was nasty and he got busted up quick. I'd pick Lima in their inevitable rematch.

Lima loses to Wonderboy or Woodley. Wonderboy out strikes him, Woodley coasts to a UD
Nah I think the leg kicks would cause problems for Woodley and potentially Wonderboy could get clipped.

I predict a rematch, and Rory learns how to dodge a few of those leg kicks.

I thought Rory was going to dominate him. After the first two rounds, which I felt Rory barely won, I knew Lima was going to do make it interesting.

I think Lima beats any WW in the UFC.
I thought Rory was done once his leg kind of gave out and then he got mounted like 15 seconds into the round. Then I realized that Rory survived fucking Maias mount so he still had a good chance. Fucking amazing 5th round by Rory though. His heart is nearly unmatched.

Lima planted the seed with the low leg kicks but he was never able to capitalize like he wanted to in rds 4 and 5. Sucks.

Rory stuck in there but we can definitely see who took the most damage.

I think Lima beats Wood but Wonderboy might be a trickier fight for him to pull off imo

I honestly think lima could learn more from this fight than Rory can. Rory can learn to check, but Lima’s kicks are just so effortless.

Lima just needs to learn how to break the clinches. Rory won on points, but the damage went to Lima. Rory’s leg took a thrashing.

It’s strange, the whole “fight damage” stuff is contradictory. Rory took more damage and looked worse for wear, but Lima had nothing for him on the ground at all, needed the ref or bell to stand up.

Grimy, tough, gruesome fight. Rory deserved the win, but took a beating to get there.

I wasn't completely focused on it but from what I saw (probably 2/3 or 3/4 of the fight) it seemed to be a pretty tepid affair.

Not a great fight.

If one's a Rock'em Sock'em Robots fan, it wasn't a great fight.

But it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS for a reason instead of BOXING or KICKBOXING.

Wrestling is part of MMA.

Always has and alway will be.

If Lima had better TDD, he would've ended Rory right then and there.

Rory won 1,2,5 but he got so messed up it felt like he still lost.

That hematoma was nasty and he got busted up quick. I'd pick Lima in their inevitable rematch.

Hopefully, though, that rematch isn't immediate. I would give the #2 ranked fighter the next shot at the title.

It was. I think Lima blew it. I thought Rory was toast when Lima got mount but he did nothing with it and had nothing left after establishing that position. It was a very measured and effective performance by Lima to that point even when dropping the first two rounds...and he didn’t appear too gassed going into that round 4 but it went downhill after not getting anything done with the mount.

Definetly would like a rematch at some point.

It was. I think Lima blew it. I thought Rory was toast when Lima got mount but he did nothing with it and had nothing left after establishing that position. It was a very measured and effective performance by Lima to that point even when dropping the first two rounds...and he didn’t appear too gassed going into that round 4 but it went downhill after not getting anything done with the mount.

Definetly would like a rematch at some point.

Lima has a really basic game in the clinch and on the ground.

At range it was his fight. His kicks were messing Rory up, he was outjabbing him, and he was avoiding/negating all of Rory's offense.

But whenever Rory shot in, he either got put on the fence with over/unders and seemed like at a loss for options, or he got taken down and just locked down a closed guard like it was 2004, waiting out the round or waiting for a standup.

I like Lima a lot, but he's very underdeveloped in key areas and it hurt him. He lost this fight more than MacDonald won, and that's to take nothing away from his performance.

Hopefully, though, that rematch isn't immediate. I would give the #2 ranked fighter the next shot at the title.
Yeah they should fight different people next for sure.

Its Bellator though so I can see the rematch being the next fight after that if they both win.

Two tough mofo's it was a great highly contested fight and Rory pulled out the last round when he needed it

But it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS for a reason instead of BOXING or KICKBOXING.

it was a pretty bad fight.

lots of stale mating.

Lima planted the seed with the low leg kicks but he was never able to capitalize like he wanted to in rds 4 and 5. Sucks.

Rory stuck in there but we can definitely see who took the most damage.

Is it just me or was Lima's decision making off?
I think if he stayed on the outside against one-legged Rory he could have won the fifth round on the feet and therefore the fight (EDIT: last part isn't true, forgot that only one scorecard was a 46-47).
Instead he gets taken down by a pretty sloppy shot when he was way too close to Rory (if I remember correctly).

The grappling in the early round was probably a factor. Just like the legkicks were a factor for Rory, but he showed amazing heart.

It was kind of a boring fight and I found the Stipe Ngannou fight entertaining. Both grappling and striking can be exiting and boring. Like the above poster said there was a lot of stalemating.

It sucked. If you enjoyed it, good for you. You have been duped into enjoying a shit product.

Back