Great fight from Wilder and Fury. But if one guy goes unconscious the fight is over.

And the same cans cry about grappling in mma.

Absolutely, and I don't agree with it largely. Well.....sometimes guys grapple to stall or catch their breath. However, I can appreciate those applying technique.

The only problem is that those cans have buying power. Now, I have no problem watching a fight that no one else wants to watch.

BUT we've heard the narrative when it comes to negotiating, "he doesn't put butts in seats", "no one knows him", "he doesn't have a fan base"......but some of these guys they're criticizing are number one contenders. So they undermine the contender's bracket presumably for a fight that will sell.

No, but promoters make fights to appease them.

McGregor Mayweather happened because that is what people wanted to see.

Making fights casual fans want, ye, sure - why not...
fabricating results to suit how casual fans want to score fights despite them having absolutely nothing to do with the scoring criteria ? Lol, no.

Imagine a football match where one team batters the other but loses 2.0 then at the end of the game the win is awarded to the team who lost but played pretty football.
LOL

Making fights casual fans want, ye, sure - why not...
fabricating results to suit how casual fans want to score fights despite them having absolutely nothing to do with the scoring criteria ? Lol, no.

Imagine a football match where one team batters the other but loses 2.0 then at the end of the game the win is awarded to the team who lost but played pretty football.
LOL

I don't think I'm following?

You now see why boxing has captured the attention of poets since time immemorial. They see it as a metaphor for life, the whole down not out thing. A man can be down today but rise tomorrow. It show cases the ability of man to live above his past. This is why boxing is and will always we the king of combat sports. It highlights the greatness of man in a way no sport can.

None of the combat sport are designed to life and death struggles ( sadly because of their nature men do die. However is not the intent of the combatants) . Seasoned men know and understand what life and death struggle looks like and want no part of it. The greatest men of War loath it.

Nice poetry there.
And I do agree with it to an extent, boxing and two men standing and trading will always have an appeal that seeing people roll on the floor will not.
Down but not out.
Or down and out, and then woken and up again.

Furys rise will be debated for long.
But really, he did not dominate as much as people are saying. Wilder won more rounds than two 10-8.

People will hold whatever narrative they want.
Really when Fury was celebrating straight after it did not look like a 'I won' celebration at all but more a 'I made it through and survived' celebration which says a lot.
You cant discount a round as simply 10-8 when the guy was most likely KOd and it rightly could have been called off, or best case he was out and revived or partly out and rose and was just half a second from losing. It is a fight not just a point-fight.

Get out of here with your MMA fanboy definition of what constitutes a KO. There are no KO's in MMA just TKO's.

A KO is when a ref reaches the count of 10 before a fighter can get up. Period. If a ref stops it without a count it's a TKO.

Back