Great fight from Wilder and Fury. But if one guy goes unconscious the fight is over.

I'm glad the ref gave the count, but there's a world where we waves that one off. Fury fell to the ground limp with his eyes rolled back.

Yeah there are people arguing it was a 'flash KO' but when you look like Fury did for a good 3-4 seconds its not so much a quick flash KO or knockdown more just a KO.

Will be interesting how they build the rematch but seriously it just seems ridiculous Fury or his team claiming he won or was robbed when he was rendered unconscious and KOd for a few seconds even if he has amazing recovery.

If he had somehow 'won' on points it would have been the most ridiculous HW championship win in history, getting ktfo and 'winning'.

Draw is really a good result all round and set up the rematch. Fury is the one with something to prove next time, even if he survives and outpoints Wilder he got put to sleep first time he needs to try to KO Wilder in the rematch and as long as Wilder is in there he is a danger even in the last round.

Yeah there are people arguing it was a 'flash KO' but when you look like Fury did for a good 3-4 seconds its not so much a quick flash KO or knockdown more just a KO.

Will be interesting how they build the rematch but seriously it just seems ridiculous Fury or his team claiming he won or was robbed when he was rendered unconscious and KOd for a few seconds even if he has amazing recovery.

If he had somehow 'won' on points it would have been the most ridiculous HW championship win in history, getting ktfo and 'winning'.

Draw is really a good result all round and set up the rematch. Fury is the one with something to prove next time, even if he survives and outpoints Wilder he got put to sleep first time he needs to try to KO Wilder in the rematch and as long as Wilder is in there he is a danger even in the last round.

whenever I see some retard saying fury got 'put to sleep' it makes me think they're trying hard to compensate for the fact that fat, off for 3 yrs fury embarrassed a very in shape wilder who was at the top of his game for the majority of 12 rounds .. that's all I see .. how do you get knocked out and then just pop up with no ill effects and start backing down the other fighter and landing shots ?

whenever I see some retard saying fury got 'put to sleep' it makes me think they're trying hard to compensate for the fact that fat, off for 3 yrs fury embarrassed a very in shape wilder who was at the top of his game for the majority of 12 rounds .. that's all I see .. how do you get knocked out and then just pop up with no ill effects and start backing down the other fighter and landing shots ?

good on fury for coming back to life, but if you get knocked flat on your back and are limp for 3-4 seconds, that’s a knockout.

good job coming back from getting knocked out tho.

I'll forever be a fan of Fury after this fight. He showed a champion heart to get up after those KDs, even winning the rest of the round imo.

where is your proof that he was knocked out? that he didn't open his eyes wide for inspection? :D

The ref could've counted to 5 then waved it off but didn't and Fury beat the count. Not KO'd at all

Great fight
Amazing performance from both.

Draw could be an appropriate result.
Yes Fury outboxed him but not enough to put Wilder away or ever seriously hurt him. So whatever Wilders technical flaws, their not so bad that a real boxers boxer like Fury can expose them enough to put him away.
And Wilder almost had Fury finished twice.

In fact you could argue he DID KO and finish Fury, and ref shouldve called it then

So a technical point.
Should a fight be over when one fighter is out?
DtZGBN4U8AYh4To.jpg:large

Yes he beat the count but if you go unconscious (i.e, you are knocked out ) technically the fight is over at that moment by KO, and the count is off.
Count should be if you are still conscious at least partially.

Glad the ref allowed it to go on so Fury got up and a great story but..
Technically you could say fight was over then, no matter how quick he recovered lights out = over

Props to both guys tho

Dude do you really think you can be knocked clean out, then be on your feet out boxing your opponent within 30 seconds lol. You don't overcome a full concussion this way or so quickly. He was hurt and beat the count.

I understand the rules, but people aren't flocking towards boxing these days, at least in America.

If they changed the rules to allow more points perhaps awarded to the knockdown, maybe we will see more exciting fights that will garner a wider fan base.

There are fighters who rely on point scoring to win fights, and then become braggarts. One of them criticized the decision last night ---- Mayweather.

This culture has turned people off from the sport. You can rack up points for days, but if you're the one getting up off your back then really how effective are you?

7 billion people live outside the States and boxing is thriving in many parts of the world!

Lmfaoooo

7 billion people live outside the States and boxing is thriving in many parts of the world!

True, that is why I said at least in America. These other countries will have to start having bigger venues that can compete with Vegas. Vegas has been considered the fight capital of the world. There is no reason this HW title fight should not have been in Vegas. Floyd and McGregor was in Vegas. That is telling me that perhaps pure boxing isn't the draw it use to be?

I understand the rules, but people aren't flocking towards boxing these days, at least in America.

If they changed the rules to allow more points perhaps awarded to the knockdown, maybe we will see more exciting fights that will garner a DEONTAY WILDER fan base.

There are fighters who rely on point scoring to win fights, and then become braggarts. One of them criticized the decision last night ---- Mayweather.

This culture has turned people off from the sport. You can rack up points for days, but if you're the one getting up off your back then really how effective are you?
FTFY

The fans I've spoken to who don't like boxing say it's boring, and takes too long. They want to see action. They want to see someone dominated. Therefore, they watch MMA. They always criticize Floyd for winning on points, even if it were a masterful boxing performance.

The fans I've spoken to who don't like boxing say it's boring, and takes too long. They want to see action. They want to see someone dominated. Therefore, they watch MMA. They always criticize Floyd for winning on points, even if it were a masterful boxing performance.
And the same cans cry about grappling in mma.

I am a huge Mayweather fan, but his displays when eyes were watching I think may have damaged the sport. I don't think he was seeking for the finish. People labeled him a "runner", and that is where we got this whole "not a real fight" narrative.

Yeah it had nothing to do with him fighting out of his natural weight class or anything.

So you score boxing bouts to appease these people ?
RiP

Yeah, Fury was just joking around, putting on a show for the fans. Wilder has no power.

<LikeReally5>

I may be done with boxing for awhile.

If this were MMA or a street fight, and you go on your back that way you'd be out of there.

10 counts, and point systems understood, but in the spirit of actual fighting it would have more than likely been over.

Fury is my guy, and I have no biases against him. I also am a fan of Wilder.

As far as the sport goes, what I'm saying is left field, but let's be real....if a guy knocks you down twice how can you walk away feeling like you won?

Yes, I understand the rule, and I understand the essence of what the sport is but how can you feel like you're the baddest HW on the planet when a ref and a pause in action saved you?

Respect to both fighters, I still am a fan of Fury and Wilder at the end of the day.

You now see why boxing has captured the attention of poets since time immemorial. They see it as a metaphor for life, the whole down not out thing. A man can be down today but rise tomorrow. It show cases the ability of man to live above his past. This is why boxing is and will always we the king of combat sports. It highlights the greatness of man in a way no sport can.

None of the combat sport are designed to life and death struggles ( sadly because of their nature men do die. However is not the intent of the combatants) . Seasoned men know and understand what life and death struggle looks like and want no part of it. The greatest men of War loath it.

You now see why boxing has captured the attention of poets since time immemorial. They see it as a metaphor for life, the whole down not out thing. A man can be down today but rise tomorrow. It show cases the ability of man to live above his past. This is why boxing is and will always we the king of combat sports. It highlights the greatness of man in a way no sport can.

None of the combat sport are designed to life and death struggles ( sadly because of their nature men do die. However is not the intent of the combatants) . Seasoned men know and understand what life and death struggle looks like and want no part of it. The greatest men of War loath it.
<{JustBleed}>

Back