Great fight from Wilder and Fury. But if one guy goes unconscious the fight is over.

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Great fight
Amazing performance from both.

Draw could be an appropriate result.
Yes Fury outboxed him but not enough to put Wilder away or ever seriously hurt him. So whatever Wilders technical flaws, their not so bad that a real boxers boxer like Fury can expose them enough to put him away.
And Wilder almost had Fury finished twice.

In fact you could argue he DID KO and finish Fury, and ref shouldve called it then

So a technical point.
Should a fight be over when one fighter is out?
DtZGBN4U8AYh4To.jpg:large

Yes he beat the count but if you go unconscious (i.e, you are knocked out ) technically the fight is over at that moment by KO, and the count is off.
Count should be if you are still conscious at least partially.

Glad the ref allowed it to go on so Fury got up and a great story but..
Technically you could say fight was over then, no matter how quick he recovered lights out = over

Props to both guys tho

He wasn't unconscious though. Dumb thread.

Thank god theres a 10 count instead of the subjective ´hes out, or unconscious´ like in MMA.

There is a thing called a 10 count in boxing. Look it up. And no a draw isn't an appropriate result. It is absolute horse shit. Fury won clearly. I guess Brits and Kazaks can't get a fair result in USA. 3 absolute travesties.

That's not boxing.

I think you're confusing mixed martial arts with boxing. The rules are entirely different. Tyson won that fight.

The ref can either stop the fight or give a count. Last night giving a count was the right thing to do, as Fury was obviously able to resume fighting. The rule is pretty good as it currently is.

And the ref in this fight was great. Props to the ref. Many other refs wouldve called it off like you'd wanted. Instead he saved a righteous undertaker moment. Tyson has the best recovery and his body has an ability to switch the lights off and reload in an instant. I have never seen anything like it.

For a human being that is a phenomenal survival quality.

Thank god theres a 10 count instead of the subjective ´hes out, or unconscious´ like in MMA.

In MMA he would have been gnp and finished. It is more realistic.
Boxing is more dangerous because of the repeated head trauma and you can get up and take more.

We can give him the benefit of the doubt and say even though his eyes were rolled in the back of his head and he looked ktfo, he was still not 'out' but partially conscious.
Or just say fair play, he was out but the ref let it go on, so be it.

Actually I'm glad the ref allowed him to have the historic undertaker moment.
But Fury team and some fans go way over board saying 'he was robbed'. You dont win a HW title gettting knocked out, even if you miraculously revive and beat the count somehow
You could argue Wilder was robbed.

Either way though, happy for both guys and with the result

Last edited:
I was taken back that it wasnt waived off, but Fury showed some fucking unreal recovery.

I was taken back that it wasnt waived off, but Fury showed some fucking unreal recovery.
It looked like he dieded but Tyson has superhuman recovery powers. Did you see deontays face when he rose up like undertaker?

I may be done with boxing for awhile.

If this were MMA or a street fight, and you go on your back that way you'd be out of there.

10 counts, and point systems understood, but in the spirit of actual fighting it would have more than likely been over.

Fury is my guy, and I have no biases against him. I also am a fan of Wilder.

As far as the sport goes, what I'm saying is left field, but let's be real....if a guy knocks you down twice how can you walk away feeling like you won?

Yes, I understand the rule, and I understand the essence of what the sport is but how can you feel like you're the baddest HW on the planet when a ref and a pause in action saved you?

Respect to both fighters, I still am a fan of Fury and Wilder at the end of the day.

If this were MMA or a street fight, and you go on your back that way you'd be out of there.

10 counts, and point systems understood, but in the spirit of actual fighting it would have more than likely been over.

As far as the sport goes, what I'm saying is left field, but let's be real....if a guy knocks you down twice how can you walk away feeling like you won?

Yes, I understand the rule, and I understand the essence of what the sport is but how can you feel like you're the baddest HW on the planet when a ref and a pause in action saved you?

Respect to both fighters, I still am a fan of Fury and Wilder at the end of the day.

Doesn't sound like you were ever a big boxing fan. 2 knockdowns in 12 rounds isn't a lot. So you are saying that if you beat the complete shit out of a guy with a great chin for 35 minutes out of 36 and he lands 2 punches the entire fight that result in a knock down then he should win because he has a better chin?

It looked like he dieded but Tyson has superhuman recovery powers. Did you see deontays face when he rose up like undertaker?
Caught it on Twitter. Awesome stuff lol.

Because boxing is the sport of punching and not getting hit and that's it. It isn't fighting. That being said because it's so focused on one particular area there is an art and depth to it that there isn't in other multifaceted fighting sports.

Mma hasn't been around the entire time like boxing has and until recently boxers in the HW division were considered the baddest men in the planet..

Fury has always fought the way he has and always under a confirmed set of rules that everyone has to abide by and that includes out pointing punchers. He is literally trying to use the rule set he has. I wouldn't be saddened by this. MMA and boxing are completely separate.

Exactly this.
'In the spirit of actual fighting' - which is what combat sports of all forms are about to varying degrees.

Now, I am happy with the decision and rematch but when people go overboard saying Fury was robbed etc etc, then this needs to be said.

Yes he out boxed him although never enough to stop him if Wilders technical flaws were that bad.

And you simply cant walk around saying you 'won' or your the 'best HW in the world' no matter how much you scored points and outboxed him most of the fight, when the other guy separated you from consciousness for a few seconds or however briefly and the ref decided not to call it off. Fairplay on the great recovery but that is just the facts.

Interesting to see how this view, the truth, is not the main narrative people get swept into.
But as I said it was an amazing recovery and story so l am happy for both either way

Last edited:
Great fight
Amazing performance from both.

Draw could be an appropriate result.
Yes Fury outboxed him but not enough to put Wilder away or ever seriously hurt him. So whatever Wilders technical flaws, their not so bad that a real boxers boxer like Fury can expose them enough to put him away.
And Wilder almost had Fury finished twice.

In fact you could argue he DID KO and finish Fury, and ref shouldve called it then

So a technical point.
Should a fight be over when one fighter is out?
DtZGBN4U8AYh4To.jpg:large

Yes he beat the count but if you go unconscious (i.e, you are knocked out ) technically the fight is over at that moment by KO, and the count is off.
Count should be if you are still conscious at least partially.

Glad the ref allowed it to go on so Fury got up and a great story but..
Technically you could say fight was over then, no matter how quick he recovered lights out = over

Props to both guys tho

You're clueless that no guts, no glory we watched. Did you miss that part where he went after Wilder after he got knockdown like that? How does 1 crazy knockdown win you a fight over 36 miuntes were wilder got convincingly beaten?

Wilder did more overall damage but Tyson had better octagon control.

Derp

Doesn't sound like you were ever a big boxing fan. 2 knockdowns in 12 rounds isn't a lot. So you are saying that if you beat the complete shit out of a guy with a great chin for 35 minutes out of 36 and he lands 2 punches the entire fight that result in a knock down then he should win because he has a better chin?

If you do all of that, and the other guy knocks you down twice then his punches he did land were clearly more effective.

You beat him at point scoring. He got closer to the primary objective than you did, which is the knockout.

Back