Great article on suicide/mental health

I've had a few near death experiences hence why when Mr cheeto dust shirt posted
that rubbish picture talking about how your body released dmt etc i thought id post what a load of garbage that is.

My last big off on my motorcycle i got up to walk over to my bike and i threw my helmet in anger after seeing how bad my bike was. I sat down, told some lady to shut up after she told me off for taking my helmet off..
I started seeing yellow dots and i was squinting trying to figure out whether it was in my line of vision or if something was wrong with my eyes, needless to say i woke up in the back of an ambulance.

Good times.

I got tossed from a pickup when I my buddies truck fishtailed on a gravel road and the ass end went into the ditch and caught an approach and we went end over end and I go flipped out of the window and landed in a field.

I can still recall how everything went into slow motion like a matrix bullet-time scene. we walked away. I just got a tweaked back. the truck looked like it had been compacted. time did slow down for me though.

I got tossed from a pickup when I my buddies truck fishtailed on a gravel road and the ass end went into the ditch and caught an approach and we went end over end and I go flipped out of the window and landed in a field.

I can still recall how everything went into slow motion like a matrix bullet-time scene. we walked away. I just got a tweaked back. the truck looked like it had been compacted. time did slow down for me though.

Yeah, that's happened for me too. I was on I-4 in downtown Orlando and we were going over a hill at like 60mph and the SUV in front of me (I'm in my cadillac CTS) - middle lane - slams on their brakes! and I'm like OH FUCK and so I simultaneously hit my brakes and try to switch lanes into the outside lane. What this does is spin me so that I'm perpendicular to the car that was in front of me and there are cars coming RIGHT AT ME so I slam on the gas and turn back into the road and what ends up happening is I run THROUGH the SUV - flips OVER my car, literally over the top of my whole car - and I end up undamaged, lol. Totally insane. On top of my suicide attempts, I've had a ridiculous number of near death experiences that were unintentional, lol.

Lol notbad, how fast was he going?
Over the window is much better than through the window sir.

My highest speed to come off a motorcycle is 95 mph.
I rally bashed a car into a tree @ 40 mph, that wasnt too pleasant either.

Yeah, that's happened for me too. I was on I-4 in downtown Orlando and we were going over a hill at like 60mph and the SUV in front of me (I'm in my cadillac CTS) - middle lane - slams on their brakes! and I'm like OH FUCK and so I simultaneously hit my brakes and try to switch lanes into the outside lane. What this does is spin me so that I'm perpendicular to the car that was in front of me and there are cars coming RIGHT AT ME so I slam on the gas and turn back into the road and what ends up happening is I run THROUGH the SUV - flips OVER my car, literally over the top of my whole car - and I end up undamaged, lol. Totally insane. On top of my suicide attempts, I've had a ridiculous number of near death experiences that were unintentional, lol.

wow.

and I just want to touch on the red. if you or any of the others in here or hell this site for that matter every want to talk, pm me and ill give you my cell #. this is our one life gents. my personal opinion is to enjoy the life I have. I have kids and want to live a long life to see them grow up. that's my 2 cents. and if I can help someone else get through some darkness, I will.

Lol notbad, how fast was he going?
Over the window is much better than through the window sir.

My highest speed to come off a motorcycle is 95 mph.
I rally bashed a car into a tree @ 40 mph, that wasnt too pleasant either.

lol. I don't even know. it was probably 55-60. we were tards.

wow.

and I just want to touch on the red. if you or any of the others in here or hell this site for that matter every want to talk, pm me and ill give you my cell #. this is our one life gents. my personal opinion is to enjoy the life I have. I have kids and want to live a long life to see them grow up. that's my 2 cents. and if I can help someone else get through some darkness, I will.

You're alright equus.

resized_compassionate-shark-friend-meme-generator-looks-like-you-need-a-bro-hug-no-homo-8a401a.jpg

wow.

Thank you, buddy :) I'm here to serve as well.

Sometimes it's like your a whole other person, is the thing. Its like you're kind of watching it all happen. You put something into your hands and you wrap it around your throat or your touch your wrist with it and you almost don't even know what the hell is going on.

I don't think it's a rational thing. I don't believe you can "think your way out" of one of those moments. You can only hope to get lucky and survive it, or snap out of it before it goes too far.

They say to me in their awakening,
"You and the world you live in are but a grain of sand upon the infinite shore of an infinite sea."
And in my dream I say to them,
"I am the infinite sea, and all worlds are but grains of sand upon my shore."

I want to hug you but if you're the guy in the gif you probably smell like trash and now im hesitant.

judging by the face in your AV

you know you love the smell of wet fur in the morning!

Had a close friend attempt suicide only about six months ago, if that.

We were texting, joking around, and she asked me if I could help her with her homework toward the end of the night. But I was just ending my break at work, so I said I'd do it immediately after my shift. Then there was maybe an hour or two of silence from her end, which seemed pretty normal. After that, she sent me a suicidal text. I couldn't tell you exactly what it said, just something short about not being able to go on anymore. I pleaded with her not to do anything harmful to herself without knowing where it was all coming from. Rather than listen, she attempted that night. The reality of the situation didn't even sink into my mind until two days afterward.

She had plenty of other friends, but I made a point of putting myself at the forefront of her support crew after that. Probably just to be sure that I had some control over the situation. What she'd done had made me feel so helpless initially.

Anyway, her and I have organically distanced from one another since. The primary reason, I think, is simply that she works all the time now and I'm not one to initiate conversation. However, after seeing some of the posts in this thread, I think I'll be texting her today to see how she is.

We were texting, joking around, and she asked me if I could help her with her homework toward the end of the night. But I was just ending my break at work, so I said I'd do it immediately after my shift. Then there was maybe an hour or two of silence from her end, which seemed pretty normal. After that, she sent me a suicidal text. I couldn't tell you exactly what it said, just something short about not being able to go on anymore. I pleaded with her not to do anything harmful to herself without knowing where it was all coming from. Rather than listen, she attempted that night. The reality of the situation didn't even sink into my mind until two days afterward.

She had plenty of other friends, but I made a point of putting myself at the forefront of her support crew after that. Probably just to be sure that I had some control over the situation. What she'd done had made me feel so helpless initially.

Anyway, her and I have organically distanced from one another since. The primary reason, I think, is simply that she works all the time now and I'm not one to initiate conversation. However, after seeing some of the posts in this thread, I think I'll be texting her today to see how she is.

If you guys are close, that can mean sooo much to someone who is suffering from depression or suicidal thoughts. You're probably much more important to her than you realize, especially at a time like this.

My sister recently came forward about her depression to me and my family and it was the toughest thing to hear.

It pisses me off whenever I read or hear people use the terms "selifsh" or "cowardly" to describe suicide/depression in the same sentence. It is neither.

http://www.mindcheck.ca/
^ this site helped my sister confront and acknowledge her depression and would recommend it to any kids out there who are struggling but don't know who to reach out to or where to turn next

Everyone's an expert. Everyone has their opinion. My perceptions right. Yours is wrong. Eat meat. Don't eat meat. Live for others. Live for yourself. Have kids. Don't have kids. Exercise and get your heart rate up. Sit on your couch and binge watch Netflix.

Everything goes out the window when you get a call that someone you loved decided to end their own life. Anything that once shined for you immediately loses its sparkle. Life hits the pause button and you cant breathe. You sit there like a 2 year old who just got hurt falling off a chair and your mouth hangs wide and that silent scream goes on for what feels like hours.

People will tell you how to live. They will tell you why your brother did what he did. They'll tell you that after a certain amount of time, youll be ok. And there wont be pain. They'll say you need to get over it. They'll try to take you out for coffee or to get you out of the house. They'll say that they've gone through it. But them losing their parent when they died of cancer at 70 years old is different than suicide. They don't know the pain. And it isn't their god damn right to tell you how to feel or deal with the loss of your best friend who decided they didn't want to live anymore.

Each and every case is as unique as a snowflake. You don't know my pain just like I don't know what you've gone through. Life is a struggle, we are all dead, blah blah blah blah blah. Heaping your opinion on others like mashed potatoes on a plate at a holiday dinner is so played out and overdone. Nobody is an expert. Psychologists don't know fuckall. Want to hear real talk? Go down to a senior center and find the most pathetic looking senior you can whos still able to talk and go sit next to them. Then ask them to tell you about life. And sit there and stfu. Listen. and really listen. Until they stop talking and want to go take their afternoon nap. That's where you will hear the real shit. That's where you will hear the actual legit pieces of realness that 20 somethings contrive and try to spit in here like their modern day Kafkas.

Want my 2 bits? From a guy whos lived through a family members suicide and thought they were going to die themselves from heartbreak? Find a friend who lets you talk. And spill your guts and just let out what you want to let out. Because nobody has the real answer, its just that everyone thinks they do.

This is deep brother and well said.

Dmt is similar to dreaming in that it fades away quickly after, especially if you dont immediately start thinking about it after. Beyond that, its not even remotely comparable to dreaming. The two couldnt be further apart on the spectrum of possible experiences you can have.

totally in the process of getting off the meds - so i think that is why the thoughts have come back even more, harder, and for longer durations (not to mention out of the blue - I was doing some final x-mas shopping last week and seriously almost started bawling in teh middle of a busy mall.).

In general I wish that Mental Illnesses (such as depression) were taken more seriously by people on a whole.

It's not a case of the 'blues' and taking a day or two off. Had a former co-worker go through some hard stuff about a year ago - had doctors note for 30days of rest, and employer was basically saying, you only need a week off.

anyhow, if anyone is dealing with this (x-mas is the worst for me) - good luck to you and there is always someone willing to listen. Life is truly day to day.

Please do text her. It's the little acts that show she is in your thoughts that can make the biggest impact. Lord knows I have friends who I wish would do just that for me.

Back