Great answer on why is unnacceptable for white people to use the n word

"The n-word" at this point is just a left wing bullying tactic. Just another on the list if things you can't say or you'll be fired. The left control culture at the moment and they're riddled with guilt and self hatred.

I don't think internet lefties realize that your average person off the street doesn't care about racism, or the feelings of blacks at all.

The average person is busy enough working a job and taking care of his family to worry about a stupid word. Unfortunately, a job and raising children are two things lefties have no clue about.

Singing along with a popular song? Hardly disrespectful if you are thinking of intent.

Could be awkward though.

It's mass marketed to the masses.

It seems like those popular songs are created by the entertainment industry to give white people a manufactured black experience.

From the article I posted earlier in the thread:

source: https://newrepublic.com/article/120894/david-samuels-rap-rap-1991

Gates goes on to make the more worrying point: "What is potentially very dangerous about this is the feeling that by buying records they have made some kind of valid social commitment." Where the assimilation of black street culture by whites once required a degree of human contact between the races, the street is now available at the flick of a cable channel—to black and white middle class alike. "People want to consume and they want to consume easy," Hank Shocklee says. "If you're a suburban white kid and you want to find out what life is like for a black city teenager, you buy a record by N.W.A. It's like going to an amusement park and getting on a roller coaster ride—records are safe, they're controlled fear, and you always have the choice of turning it off. That's why nobody ever takes a train up to 125th Street and gets out and starts walking around. Because then you're not in control anymore: it's a whole other ball game." This kind of consumption — of racist stereotypes, of brutality toward women, or even of uplifting tributes to Dr. Martin Luther King—is of a particularly corrupting kind. The values it instills find their ultimate expression in the ease with which we watch young black men killing each other: in movies, on records, and on the streets of cities and towns across the country.

It seems like those popular songs are created by the entertainment industry to give white people a manufactured black experience.

From the article I posted earlier in the thread:

source: https://newrepublic.com/article/120894/david-samuels-rap-rap-1991

Gates goes on to make the more worrying point: "What is potentially very dangerous about this is the feeling that by buying records they have made some kind of valid social commitment." Where the assimilation of black street culture by whites once required a degree of human contact between the races, the street is now available at the flick of a cable channel—to black and white middle class alike. "People want to consume and they want to consume easy," Hank Shocklee says. "If you're a suburban white kid and you want to find out what life is like for a black city teenager, you buy a record by N.W.A. It's like going to an amusement park and getting on a roller coaster ride—records are safe, they're controlled fear, and you always have the choice of turning it off. That's why nobody ever takes a train up to 125th Street and gets out and starts walking around. Because then you're not in control anymore: it's a whole other ball game." This kind of consumption — of racist stereotypes, of brutality toward women, or even of uplifting tributes to Dr. Martin Luther King—is of a particularly corrupting kind. The values it instills find their ultimate expression in the ease with which we watch young black men killing each other: in movies, on records, and on the streets of cities and towns across the country.

There is always going to be an audience of young males (it is certainly not just white kids that listen to rap) that want to adopt the image of being 'hard'. A sort of outlet for their testosterone that isn't doing much else.

But, I have no doubt there are also other elements at play, such as the deliberate promotion of dysfunctional behavior by the people upstairs.

I dunno. A race that was enslaved en masse and transported across an ocean to support an entire nation for centuries and then were still treated like second class citizens long after they were freed might have some outstanding illogical issues collectively such as an intense desire to completely own a word that described their exploited ancestry..

Are you that upset that you can’t use a word

Yea since slavery was hundreds of years ago as nobdy alive today ut
I dunno. A race that was enslaved en masse and transported across an ocean to support an entire nation for centuries and then were still treated like second class citizens long after they were freed might have some outstanding illogical issues collectively such as an intense desire to completely own a word that described their exploited ancestry..

Are you that upset that you can’t use a word or a certain set of words?

Slavery was hundreds of years ago. Every race has been enslaved. Nobody alive today was a slave in America so it's time to quit the bitching. You don't see Jews or anyone else whining about a simple word that has so much power over them. And nobody has been more oppressed than the Jews over the past 2,000 years. And they actually have people who are still alive that experienced the holocaust, which was much worse than slavery...

The fact that a simple word has so much power over certain people is pathetic

And no I'm not upset, because I in fact can say whatever word I want

There is always going to be an audience of young males (it is certainly not just white kids that listen to rap) that want to adopt the image of being 'hard'. A sort of outlet for their testosterone that isn't doing much else.

But, I have no doubt there are also other elements at play, such as the deliberate promotion of dysfunctional behavior by the people upstairs.

According to the article the more hardcore the rap, the higher the album sales. The entertainment industry gave the people what they wanted and it became very influential. A lot of the so-called black culture, attitudes and styles we see today have been influenced by the entertainment industry marketing gangsta rap to white kids back in the 80's and 90's. The industry played up black stereotypes and it made a lot of money. It is a matter of life imitating art.

From the article:

...the history of rap's degeneration from insurgent black street music to mainstream pop points to another dispiriting conclusion: the more rappers were packaged as violent black criminals, the bigger their white audiences became.

Rap's appeal to whites rested in its evocation of an age-old image of blackness: a foreign, sexually charged, and criminal underworld against which the norms of white society are defined, and, by extension, through which they may be defied. It was the truth of this latter proposition that rap would test in its journey into the mainstream.

https://newrepublic.com/article/120894/david-samuels-rap-rap-1991

It is like that movie CB4 where Chris Rock's character, Albert, is tired of being a phone sex operator so he pretends to be a hardcore gangsta rapper and becomes a huge star.

v1.bTsxMTI5MTE2MjtqOzE3NzcwOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

According to the article the more hardcore the rap, the higher the album sales. The entertainment industry gave the people what they wanted and it became very influential. A lot of the so-called black culture, attitudes and styles we see today have been influenced by the entertainment industry marketing gangsta rap to white kids back in the 80's and 90's. The industry played up black stereotypes and it made a lot of money. It is a matter of life imitating art.

From the article:

...the history of rap's degeneration from insurgent black street music to mainstream pop points to another dispiriting conclusion: the more rappers were packaged as violent black criminals, the bigger their white audiences became.

Rap's appeal to whites rested in its evocation of an age-old image of blackness: a foreign, sexually charged, and criminal underworld against which the norms of white society are defined, and, by extension, through which they may be defied. It was the truth of this latter proposition that rap would test in its journey into the mainstream.

https://newrepublic.com/article/120894/david-samuels-rap-rap-1991

Yeah I think that aligns with what I was saying also, but perhaps is over analyzing it. Rap was popular when I grew up as well and I think it was mostly kids wanting to be viewed as hard and masculine. Base pounding, angry, feelin hard, etc. Market that to young middle class teenagers and its going to sell. I don't think they had much in the way of preconceived notions or anything really thoughtful at all, although maybe the mass marketting of rap music created preconceived notions moreso. Then many started really looking up to the rappers and idolizing them (which I guess is similar to music stars in general)

Gangster rap appeals to young immigrant men also it's not an easy thing to draw a line and say 'white society' when phenomenon run across those lines so easily.

And I agree with the notion that the music industry manipulates music, no doubt. Not just rap. They push sex and debauchery constantly across genres.

Only when alt righters could say the n word whenever they want and wherever they want will we have true equality and peace in America.

Only when alt righters could say the n word whenever they want and wherever they want will we have true equality and peace in America.

I think most people would rather not hear the word said by anybody.

Ninja, Twitch’s most popular streamer, had to apologize for uttering the n word while singing along with a rap song. How fucking retarded is that? Does context not matter? Merely saying the word, in any capacity, indicates racism? Does singing along with Dire Straits “Money for Nothing” make someone homophobic?

Ninja, Twitch’s most popular streamer, had to apologize for uttering the n word while singing along with a rap song. How fucking retarded is that? Does context not matter? Merely saying the word, in any capacity, indicates racism? Does singing along with Dire Straits “Money for Nothing” make someone homophobic?

For that sort of thing it just comes across as a power game.

I am interested in seeing a popular twitch or YouTube streamer try that.

Odd how its only one small group of white people who wants to say it.

And only without social repercussion.

How bad do black people want the word to not be used by white people? Enough to not use it themselves? Seems like no.

As a white Man i find it funny that black people call each other n***a. I also find it funny that word can be so controlling.

I once had a shit tier upstairs neighbor that would constantly play loud music, let their kids stomp around at all hours of the night, leave trash and shit all over the Complex in our area and just generally acted as unpleasant as possible.

I had several run ins with the man living there that escalted into him shouting and acting aggressively yet would never come down from his porch on high when i challenged him to fisticuffs. One time I had a black friend over when he went on one of his tiraids and my friend suggested I drop the N bomb to coax him to finally put Up or shut Up.

Well it worked and he stormed down the stairs to finally get to it, ended with me pinning him to the ground and gnping him while he covered until he said he was done. His baby mamma and kids where there to witness the whole debacle.

Its a word that I don't advise anyone to use, whether you're black or white it can land you in hot water.

Literally none of this happened.

Back