Graveyard shift at hotel- FML

It was a dumpy howard Johnson that was some no name place before it switched hands. I didn't take her up on it (lived with a girl at the time) but 3 other guys sure did. I did trade for alot of ipods and sd cards for phones. Mainly they would trade for a bunch of food. People were robbing that place blind. It closed shortly after I left.

People were mean there too. I was a dishwasher and kept telling this to clean off the olate before tossing it in the sink. What a fucking asshole because he kept doing it. When he was leaving at the end of his shift i sprayed him with a hose. Like i said. Nobody there cared.

I had a similar experience as well, people would rent out the rooms and sell drugs, or prostitutes would sell themselves. The owner didn't care as long as he got paid. It was funny, the job was minimum wage, yet all the other workers were stabbing everyone in the back and talking bad about each other. The bar tender used to fuck guys she met in empty rooms, I think the boss would let her, because he was probably fucking her too. That prick boss didn't care about unsavory things, but he once reamed out a coworker because the cash drawer was 10 cents light. Finally after screaming at her for ten minutes I walked over to him and took change out of my pocket and gave him a dime to shut up. He was a real fucking asshole!

I had a similar experience as well, people would rent out the rooms and sell drugs, or prostitutes would sell themselves. The owner didn't care as long as he got paid. It was funny, the job was minimum wage, yet all the other workers were stabbing everyone in the back and talking bad about each other. The bar tender used to fuck guys she met in empty rooms, I think the boss would let her, because he was probably fucking her too. That prick boss didn't care about unsavory things, but he once reamed out a coworker because the cash drawer was 10 cents light. Finally after screaming at her for ten minutes I walked over to him and took change out of my pocket and gave him a dime to shut up. He was a real fucking asshole!

There was a new guy I didnt like and i saw the boss was behind him. I said real loud "what do you think of the kitchen manager?"

This dummy says "hes a fat fuck," goodbye my new friend.

There was a new guy I didnt like and i saw the boss was behind him. I said real loud "what do you think of the kitchen manager?"

This dummy says "hes a fat fuck," goodbye my new friend.

I do not know what was worse the low lifers staying at the hotel or the low lifers working there.

How many towels do you feel are stolen on average?

This thread is really bringing back memories. I remember there was a couple that were in the hotel a week, basically smoking crack the whole time, the woman was 6 months pregnant, and was probably being pimped out by her boyfriend. The owner put a lock on their door because they did not pay the bill, there were crack pipes and crack residue all over the place (again this woman was 6 months pregnant!). When they came to the desk to try and get back into the room to get their stuff, the owner said if you pay the bill I will let you in, if you do not pay the bill I am calling the police. They left, and two hours later they came back with $300 cash, got their stuff, and left.

Out of curiosity I looked up the owner and he is now a multi-millionaire that owns a chain of hotels in Michigan, he is active in the adopt a refugee program, and an article was praising him for being such a wonderful humanitarian. Trust me this guy was a total scum bag! He probably uses the refugees as slave labor.

I do not know what was worse the low lifers staying at the hotel or the low lifers working there.
The workers. Always the workers. After I left there I went to a pizza place and on my second day one of the staff stabbed someone to death (on their own time away from work) over a girl working with us who was sleeping with both of them. She facebooked me that night and i blocked her. Got fired 4 shifts later after the boss called me a retard and i completely went off yelling at him.

The workers. Always the workers. After I left there I went to a pizza place and on my second day one of the staff stabbed someone to death (on their own time away from work) over a girl working with us who was sleeping with both of them. She facebooked me that night and i blocked her. Got fired 4 shifts later after the boss called me a retard and i completely went off yelling at him.

I actually got fired from the job too! The only job I have ever been fired from. He didn't give a reason, he just said "it's not working out". I felt like such a piece of shit, you had these toothless losers who had kept the job for years, and I only lasted 2 months.

Perhaps one day you'll have the opportunity to fill the lobby with uppercuts!

Hah? HAH?!?!

The worst thing about graveyard shifts is hammers, lawn mowers, leaf blowers and any thing else that makes lots of noise during the day.

Get so mad....

The worst thing about graveyard shifts is hammers, lawn mowers, leaf blowers and any thing else that makes lots of noise during the day.

Get so mad....

Tell me about it! It is really weird, I would go months where I would sleep great, then all of a sudden I would wake up at 12 in the afternoon and I could not get back to sleep, this too would go on for months. The nightshift really takes a toll on your body.

I worked those hours for nine years. I loved it and resisted any change but, when forced to change, I had to admit a noticeable improvement in my physical well-being.

Sucks you're working a job-and-a-half but it's better than none at all. I'd imagine you have plenty of time to study, fart off, or take care of the paper end of your busines. Work to live, make your time off count, and take care of you and yours first. Keep hustlin'.

I don't think too many- our cheapest room goes for 259 right now during peak season - people that can afford that aren't looking to take towels that strangers use to dry their asses with.

I don't think too many- our cheapest room goes for 259 right now during peak season - people that can afford that aren't looking to take towels that strangers use to dry their asses with.

You would think that a lot of the towels get stolen, but I really do not remember to many towels being stolen.

Back