Grappling - Shaquille O’Neal vs Forrest Griffin

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by tonil, Nov 7, 2018.

1. grimballer

grimballer Silver Belt

Look...

I get you like to live in a fantasy land where firefighters n plumbers are “best fighters in the world”, but the reality is the real athletes are simply not choosing mma as career path n are instead make millions playing in nfl/nba.

That’s the reason why those said firefighters n plumbers can look “impressive” fighting other d level athletes.

If ever someone like lebron James decided to give mma a try it wouldn’t even be competitive. His superior athleticism would simply be too much for your average ufc “toughman contestant” to overcome with “skills”

He’ll simply be too fast, too strong, too big n too good for your ufc average joe.

2. donkeyjr

donkeyjr Purple Belt

Comparing Lebron to Struve lmao. Struve is a kickboxing champion in what, little league? Struve is tall but hes slow as a slug and has no athletic bones in his body.

MMA fans are so insecure, its kinda sad. The reality is this, all the best athletes that are 190lb and up are going to NBA or the NFL. .

3. lostdog000

lostdog000 Silver Belt

thought shaq had trained mma for many years
    was interesting
    he was at a disadvantage wearing socks

honestly thats like a regular sized man vs tyrion lannister, even if he's well trained, u should throw him off easily
    also i thought shaq would have good cardio

4. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

Why are you on a MMA forum? You are an embarrassment.

5. king_ebeneezer

king_ebeneezer Purple Belt

lol why are impressed watching part time real estate agents and waiters pretend they they are athletes?

6. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

Seriously ? The guy is like mid 40s, overweight, probably has a series of injuries and is clearly not taking this as seriously as you are.

7. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Its crazy because you can see how strong he is, I never seen Brock Lesnar ever bench press a guy basically who weighed 240 like that while off his back

I could only imagine how a prime shaq would do at 19 studying take down defense and boxing and using an anderson silva style push kick to keep guys away lol

8. Paolo Delutis

Paolo Delutis Brown Belt

You cant be this stupid are you?..

1st ..I'm not comparing struve to LeBron altheticly I'm comparing them on size..LeBron 6"8 250 plus..struve 6'11" 250 plus similar enough

2. Little League ? He's a dutch kickboxer .. literally the best kickboxers in history come from there

3. He has pro fight experience and was dummied LeBron has none but some how you think he wins because he can run back and forth on a court and duck balls..in a non contact sport???LMFAO

I'm not insecure...quite the opposite I'm extreme secure in saying any top " A level " althetic basketball or baseball or football player will lose agaisnt the top fighters in world ..if they not training in MMA or other martial arts for at least 2 years...ands that's fact...what the hell does playing basketball have do with fighting lmao ..have you even seen NBA fights worse technique then world star bum fights

9. Paolo Delutis

Paolo Delutis Brown Belt

LMFAO your a casual who doesn't watch or understand MMA ...why are you even on this site if you still believe the UFC consists of only toughmen level contestantf fighters haha

You just sound ignorant..if LeBron tried fighting MMA with no training he would get murdered by anyone in the top 15 of the UFC...

Now do you want to say he beats some scrubs on the regional circuit sure..everyone has a punchers chance

But don't think for a second his althetism of ducking basketballs or running back and field on a court somehow means hes beating UFC qauilty fighters..lmao..there's just too much of technical and experience gap...just like if a UFC fighter tried to play one and one agaisnt LeBron theyd get slaughtered in basketball..

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  10. 613

613 Silver Belt

Shaq isn't A level anymore. He's an old fat man now

11. CoachDitka

CoachDitka Green Belt

Shaq by ShaqFu...

12. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Gold Belt

He’s been training bjj for as long as I’ve been on sherdog. He’s even talked about maybe fighting one day but it never happened

13. donkeyjr

donkeyjr Purple Belt

We never said hell do well but you are comparing a d level athlete to a freak athlete. Literally the best kickboxer in history yet Ive never heard of him in the kickboxing realm. How many times has his ass got ko? kickboxing champion my ass.

You are fucking retarded, let's compare NBA to MMA fighter. They don't train to fight, so of course their technique would bad. Athleticism play a huge part in fighting, if you think other wise you're stupid.

Joined date 2017 and you want to talk about casuals. Watch a couple UFC fights, now I'm a tough guy.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  14. Paolo Delutis

Paolo Delutis Brown Belt

Your jumping into an argument late...I suguesst you stop and go back and read as other foolish people are saying he would be champ with no training...

Althetism matters when you have the skills to apply it to...otherwise being strong and fast don't mean shit ..you can bench 550lbs but if you don't know how to throw a proper punch or combo it's useless..you can sprint 400m's in 10 seconds but if you don't know how to grapple it doesn't mean shit...that's the truth of the matter

Anyone who trains knows this

15. donkeyjr

donkeyjr Purple Belt

No shit, but let just see if those guys were to train since they were a kid. What do you think would happen... Anyone that think every A athlete would be a great fighter is stupid just like not every one who is tall and athletic are in the Nba. It takes a lot of skill but athleticism play a major role.

16. faustian

faustian THE LOOSE CANNON Platinum Member

Shaq looks a little like that random fan who was hanging out with manlet Romero

[​IMG]

17. Paolo Delutis

Paolo Delutis Brown Belt

That's a different story...if LeBron dedicated himself and trained MMA with his physical genetics and althetism like he did basketball he would be a top fighter if not a Hw legend for sure...tallest MMA champion in history..it's hard to denie people that work as hard and are as naturally talented altheticly as let's say a LeBron James or others ..but to say they can just walk in and dominant is just wrong

18. faustian

faustian THE LOOSE CANNON Platinum Member

Lol I've heard that too, but I think it's likely a proportion issue. Like a 10" dong would appear to look like a babydick on that guy

19. george14

george14 Green Belt

You aren't serious are you?

Greg Hardy has faced guys who are very low level. His opponents don't even have Wikipedia pages and are a combined 5-4. Like another poster said, when you are that big and athletic of course you are going to run through these nobodies. Let's see him face an actual UFC fighter who is decent.

20. Vil7

Vil7 Silver Belt

You might be right if Lebron had physical toughness. He is a great athlete.