Grappling clothing ?

BeeCee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Going for my first proper grappling session tonight previous to this i been training for beginners course in rash guard and tights whatever u wanna call them but tonight im foing grappling and kickboxing so its really for the grappling like is it best for grip for my partner not to wear the under clothes?

Cup and mouthpiece, anything else is optional

You'll need a singlet, blue/red reversible.

Shoyoroll.com

Just kidding, wear pocketless shorts and a compression shirt or a rash guard

You're not a real grappler unless you have a vintage copa cabana v-neck signed by rolls with authentic salt stains and sand washing.

Last edited:
If you've been wearing a rashguard and compression pants that will be fine. Your partner shouldn't be gripping the clothes if it's no-gi anyway.

Cup and mouthpiece, anything else is optional

Clothing optional trainings are the best no?

In all seriousness, just wear something comfortable with no pockets. Just have fun

Turkish leather pants and a kettle of oil.

Going for my first proper grappling session tonight previous to this i been training for beginners course in rash guard and tights whatever u wanna call them but tonight im foing grappling and kickboxing so its really for the grappling like is it best for grip for my partner not to wear the under clothes?
2f3640a3393b93b2fb5049e133de5addf3bef697aa7e96e11d866c2399f0b0e8.jpg

Bro. Don't worry about what you are going to wear to much. If you are brand new, board shorts and a rash guard is fine. If you don't have that wear a t shirt and basketball shorts until you can buy a rash guard. You can train stand up in those clothes too. It should not be a big deal if it's an mma gym or has multiple classes.

I haven't taken up training as of yet, but I was told by people at the gym I may train at to wear a long sleeve rash guard and spats to avoid skin infections as best as possible.

Whatever you do, please don't wear a tank top.

just wear a speedo. nothing else. be sure not to shave. i really hope you're the 400 pound "friend" from the other thread

Back