[GRAPHIC Photo] David Haye’s ruptured achilles ‘felt like I stepped on a bear trap’

Yeah I heard that achilles tears/ruptures are some of the worst, pain wise. How'd you fuck yours up? I've had bad foot/ankle problems for basically my whole life, the doc has been wanting to operate on mine b/c he wants to tighten up the tendon, but I just feel like it'll tear and make it worse, and I don't want that shit happening lol.
Playing Basketball when I wasnt supposed to.
I was training for a fight. Wanted to see if I could make 185. Got down to 190. Walk around at 225 in shape. I couldnt break 190 and didnt want to mess with my diet so i decided to go way too hard. I started adding in full court basketball drills as a warm up to help cardio and not get bored. Then ran over a mile worth of sprint drills. Finished by doing a lot of dumbell speed cardio drills. Over a 3 hour workout so far. As I was leaving the gym a couple of guys asked if I wanted to play some baskeball. They were pretty good so I said yeah. Thought it would be good to get the extra cardio.
One of the guys playing is real good. But I dont like him and he doesnt like me. We had played before and I beat him and he beat me but it got a little testy. Hes a bully and a pretty big muscular guy in his early 20s. Hes freakishly athletic and a gym rat. We both were the best players on our team. So we had to guard each other. I was killing him and locking him down on defense. He was crying and being a baby. So i really tried to embarrass him by putting the ball behind my back and spinning around him on a fast break.
FAIL. He went with the spin and I wound up hitting him in the face by accident when I put the ball behind my back. He went down and was slow to get up. Total accident but still my fault. I profusely apologized. Went over to help him up. He cussed me out and refused my help to get up. We had words back and forth but the game went on. A few plays later me and him went up for a rebound. I could feel him on my back. However, this was the first time I out jumped him which was rare because he can do all types of crazy dunks and can easily out jump me since I was 29 turning 30 in a few days at that time. My vertical had been declining for a few years.

When I came down.... BAM. It snapped. I fell right to the floor. And immediately knew I could not stand. I frantically drug myself to the sidelines because I knew for a fact that the guy i hit by accident had retaliated by stomping out my heel. I was in full panic mode. So as everyone is rushing to tend to me. Im bracing myself for a physical confrontation. So Im yelling like, "who saw that!!!" "Why did you do that swear cuss word swear."
So everyone was like why are you so mad nobody did anything to you. So I laced up my sneaker super tight so it locked my ankle into place. Hoped up onto the court and made a complete fool of myself trying to confront the guy. Everyone was saying he wasnt even close to me when I came down and I was making things up. They basically booed me off the court. Lol.
Like an idiot I waited on the sidelines until after the game. I confronted the guy again. He said I was crazy and swore he did nothing wrong. He even offered to help me to my car. I still did t believe him. It wasnt until I went to the hospital and the surgeon said "no it feels like somebody hits or shoots you from the outside" that I realized I was wrong again.

Then I retore it again like 9 months later playing basketball again. First play of the game. I go to save a ball going out of bounds and I jump. It felt like somebody stepped on the back of my shoe. I look around and ask "did anybody step on my shoe?" Everone said no. So i dropped the ball and limped out the gym. The next day my physical therapist yelled at me and looked so disappointed. Lol

Sorry to hear about your ankle. What type of Drs are you seeing????

Last edited:
Is it weird that I have an erection?

looks like pulled pork marinated in rose red wine....

Why do I keep looking!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Because it's in your nature to understand your own physiology Mr Deuces....Don't run away from it, rather look deeper, and massage the mind. Concentrate and perhaps you will see something that will reveal an aspect of yourself worth exploring. A growth to your being, something beautiful...

50a47e79afa96f1ff40012e4.gif

During the fight I was thinking he had some stones fighting through an obviously busted wheel, but that was a complete blow out. Dang dude.

Post fight, the most sportsmanlike interview I've ever heard as well, a very horrible night for Haye, but an amazing display of his growth as a person.
Hero stuff there.

Post fight, the most sportsmanlike interview I've ever heard as well, a very horrible night for Haye, but an amazing display of his growth as a person.
Hero stuff there.

That probably just seems like that because he presents himself overconfident and invincible pre-fight.
Mike Tyson was pretty sportsmanlike after his losses to Douglas and Holyfield, and unlike Haye, he was looked at invincible by EVERYONE, not just himself.

Tbh, it was weird when he said that Bellew beat him fair and square.

i don't think bellew was losing before that.
haye is a bad motherfucker, that's the point.

Playing Basketball when I wasnt supposed to.
I was training for a fight. Wanted to see if I could make 185. Got down to 190. Walk around at 225 in shape. I couldnt break 190 and didnt want to mess with my diet so i decided to go way too hard. I started adding in full court basketball drills as a warm up to help cardio and not get bored. Then ran over a mile worth of sprint drills. Finished by doing a lot of dumbell speed cardio drills. Over a 3 hour workout so far. As I was leaving the gym a couple of guys asked if I wanted to play some baskeball. They were pretty good so I said yeah. Thought it would be good to get the extra cardio.
One of the guys playing is real good. But I dont like him and he doesnt like me. We had played before and I beat him and he beat me but it got a little testy. Hes a bully and a pretty big muscular guy in his early 20s. Hes freakishly athletic and a gym rat. We both were the best players on our team. So we had to guard each other. I was killing him and locking him down on defense. He was crying and being a baby. So i really tried to embarrass him by putting the ball behind my back and spinning around him on a fast break.
FAIL. He went with the spin and I wound up hitting him in the face by accident when I put the ball behind my back. He went down and was slow to get up. Total accident but still my fault. I profusely apologized. Went over to help him up. He cussed me out and refused my help to get up. We had words back and forth but the game went on. A few plays later me and him went up for a rebound. I could feel him on my back. However, this was the first time I out jumped him which was rare because he can do all types of crazy dunks and can easily out jump me since I was 29 turning 30 in a few days at that time. My vertical had been declining for a few years.

When I came down.... BAM. It snapped. I fell right to the floor. And immediately knew I could not stand. I frantically drug myself to the sidelines because I knew for a fact that the guy i hit by accident had retaliated by stomping out my heel. I was in full panic mode. So as everyone is rushing to tend to me. Im bracing myself for a physical confrontation. So Im yelling like, "who saw that!!!" "Why did you do that swear cuss word swear."
So everyone was like why are you so mad nobody did anything to you. So I laced up my sneaker super tight so it locked my ankle into place. Hoped up onto the court and made a complete fool of myself trying to confront the guy. Everyone was saying he wasnt even close to me when I came down and I was making things up. They basically booed me off the court. Lol.
Like an idiot I waited on the sidelines until after the game. I confronted the guy again. He said I was crazy and swore he did nothing wrong. He even offered to help me to my car. I still did t believe him. It wasnt until I went to the hospital and the surgeon said "no it feels like somebody hits or shoots you from the outside" that I realized I was wrong again.

Then I retore it again like 9 months later playing basketball again. First play of the game. I go to save a ball going out of bounds and I jump. It felt like somebody stepped on the back of my shoe. I look around and ask "did anybody step on my shoe?" Everone said no. So i dropped the ball and limped out the gym. The next day my physical therapist yelled at me and looked so disappointed. Lol

Sorry to hear about your ankle. What type of Drs are you seeing????

Sorry for the late response, probably accidentally clicked on the notification then forgot about it or some shit. Interesting you say it was from basketball, the first person I knew that blew their achilles out was due to playing basketball too. Sucks you had to deal with that though, funny that you were sure it was that guy and they booed you off the court lol. Sorry to hear though.

I've had several surgeries over the years and been dealing with foot and ankle issues basically my whole life so I've been going to an orthopedic surgeon for well over 20 years now. Haven't been back in awhile since he basically wants to do surgery and I don't want to atm, would make day to day life more of a pain in the ass and I don't feel so much pain that I feel like it needs to get done.

Problem for me is it's gonna have to get done at some point or I'll end up messing my ankle/foot up eventually and need to get cut open anyway. Also my doc is getting pretty fucking old now and I trust him way more than anyone else to do the operation so I'm hoping he doesn't retire before I do have a procedure.

Props to Haye for going as long as he did, and as you know he must've been in a ton of pain, even with the adrenaline rush.

looks like pulled pork marinated in rose red wine....

Not gonna lie, ever since I saw this pic I've been wanting a pulled pork sandwich. Time to get to the bbq place and order a couple ruptured achilles sandwiches imo. Rice and beans with some cornbread as sides too. Mmmmm. I'm getting hungry.

Sorry for the late response, probably accidentally clicked on the notification then forgot about it or some shit. Interesting you say it was from basketball, the first person I knew that blew their achilles out was due to playing basketball too. Sucks you had to deal with that though, funny that you were sure it was that guy and they booed you off the court lol. Sorry to hear though.

I've had several surgeries over the years and been dealing with foot and ankle issues basically my whole life so I've been going to an orthopedic surgeon for well over 20 years now. Haven't been back in awhile since he basically wants to do surgery and I don't want to atm, would make day to day life more of a pain in the ass and I don't feel so much pain that I feel like it needs to get done.

Problem for me is it's gonna have to get done at some point or I'll end up messing my ankle/foot up eventually and need to get cut open anyway. Also my doc is getting pretty fucking old now and I trust him way more than anyone else to do the operation so I'm hoping he doesn't retire before I do have a procedure.

Props to Haye for going as long as he did, and as you know he must've been in a ton of pain, even with the adrenaline rush.
Its cool. No worries.
Yeah I think they say that basketball is the most common way to injure it.
I feel you on the surgery thing. I wouldnt be able to drive or be independent. I cant do that.
Dang, see I figured if PRP was so good and as advertised it would be able to stop surgery for somebody in your case.
I know you like your Ortho Dr. But if I were you I would consult with every Orthopedic Surgeon in the area. Just to see. Things have changed so much and so fast there may be some new stuff out there. You can always go back and use or have surgery from your current Ortho. He never will know either.
Keep me updated. Hope it gets better. Make it a priority ASAP. Im going to get mine checked next week.

Damnn, I knew it'd be a nasty injury before clicking though. That's at least 6 months out to recover. He won't be walking properly for a couple months. Crazy how he managed to fight till the 11th round, probably would have made it to the DEC but what was the point

Only watched the fight once but I felt Bellew was trying to carry him a little after the injury. Bellew didn't even seem happy with Haye injuring himself.
Just seemed like Bellew was gassing out because his body isn't suited for heavyweight imo

Now imagine what that would have looked like if Lemieux would have landed that shot on him??!

Now imagine what that would have looked like if Lemieux would have landed that shot on him??!

I found a computer generated image of what Haye might look like a few months after.

trading-places-1983-001-eddie-murphy-begging-street-00m-wdu.jpg

Back