[GRAPHIC Photo] David Haye’s ruptured achilles ‘felt like I stepped on a bear trap’

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
David Haye fought WBC cruiserweight champ Tony Bellew this past weekend at the O2 Arena in London. After a pretty even match up earlier on, Haye sustained an achilles injury, and was subsequently knocked down. He continued to fight for 5 rounds, until his cornermen eventually threw in the towel and stopped the fight in the 11th.

"It was a strange situation - I was getting into my flow and it felt like I stepped on a bear trap," Haye told BBC.

"I knew it was completely ruptured - the pain was terrible, when I put my foot down I could hear it crunching, but the adrenaline is so high when you're fighting you can conjure up the energy from somewhere to keep going.

Haye had surgery on the injury, and while he did make a bear trap comparison, his achilles actually looked far worse. Check out the photo below courtesy of the same BBC interviewer, but be warned in advance that it very graphic.

Was reading felt bad for haye and thought maybe he was making excuses
This is me after opening up the spoiler
Dentist-Kid-Freaks-Out-Before-Passing-Out-Gif.gif

Said it when i was watching the fight and Ill say it again now. I have never thought less of a winning fighters skills than i have of Tony Bellew's after his "win" over David Haye. He was literally getting tagged clean in the face and hurt, by a guy who had that injury. It was embarrassing. This just confirms it

Katie Taylor would've finished him off quicker than Bellew.

Wow it exploded.. so his leg got twisted as fell down?

Holly Palhares batman!!

He fought with that for 5 rounds. I feel a little bad for all the "Haye's big toe" jokes I've made over the years.

Before the fight I couldn't imagine a scenario where Haye enhanced his reputation. He did, in my eyes anyway. Brave stuff.

Only watched the fight once but I felt Bellew was trying to carry him a little after the injury. Bellew didn't even seem happy with Haye injuring himself.

Damn, didn't know Bellew punched that hard!

A punch that reverberates throughout the body so intensely that it will cause ligaments to start exploding?!

C'mon, man! As a pro, you gotta walk that shit off. Plant and punch. Maybe get on your toes and start working the jab? Something.

C'mon, man! As a pro, you gotta walk that shit off. Plant and punch. Maybe get on your toes and start working the jab? Something.

*looks at Hayes ankle* that'll buff out.

Hayes's achille's looks like pulled pork.

When mine ruptured it literally felt like Barry Bounds hit me point blank in the back of my tendon with a home run swing. I was on the ground accusing people of kicking me or stomping out my heel.

Ive torn other stuff but this was completely different it feels like you got shot or hit with something from the outside in. Its extremely freaky.

When mine ruptured it literally felt like Barry Bounds hit me point blank in the back of my tendon with a home run swing. I was on the ground accusing people of kicking me or stomping out my heel.

Ive torn other stuff but this was completely different it feels like you got shot or hit with something from the outside in. Its extremely freaky.

Yeah I heard that achilles tears/ruptures are some of the worst, pain wise. How'd you fuck yours up? I've had bad foot/ankle problems for basically my whole life, the doc has been wanting to operate on mine b/c he wants to tighten up the tendon, but I just feel like it'll tear and make it worse, and I don't want that shit happening lol.

Back