GrandParents who were not affectionate to their own kids, but spoil their GrandKids

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Jan 11, 2018.

1. boomertx

boomertx Purple Belt

Treats my kids differently.

Can't dote on my daughter enough. Calls her, texts her, goes on and on about her. My son? Treats him like a son more than a grandson. Critical, limited interest in his life and shows it. I literally watched my son put a fishing pole down and walk away because my Dad got angry with him because he wasn't 'casting' the right way. My son's pretty good at his sport and he's watched maybe 6 games in 10 years. He probably went to that many dances my daughter was in every year. Had no interest in dancing but loved to watch her.

Son has little interest in interacting with him and now jokes about how much more he likes his sister. He has his own late-in-life problems so we choose not to make an issue of it and let it go.

2. Carl Sonnen

Carl Sonnen Orange Belt

Sounds like my father. Was a total dick to me, but puts on an act to everyone else that he's not a sociopath. Old dudes lose their test and get softer also.

3. mushishi

mushishi A is a, a is a, should I save her?

Those dudes seen some shit. Times are better now.

4. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

My mom's parents were pretty abusive and shitty to her and her sister, they tried pretty hard to be cool with me but I kind of told them to fuck off when I heard some of the shit they did.

5. Steven_Universe

Steven_Universe Blue Belt

My mom used to savagely beat me when I was little.

She adores my kid.