Gracie University Master Cycle (black belt review)

I don't think anyone verities the quality of their products.
I find them the combatives a little bit too long.
Maybe they could have a long and a short version for revision.
It is jut like those videos where they talk for 5 minutes before showing the techniques.

Even as a purple belt I think you will find a lot of great material i the blue belt stripe 1 and 2 sections. I would recommend looking through the Gracie University curriculum page to see what is taught in those sections. It looks like stripe 3 will be up sometime soon since it is now available to click on but nothing is listed there yet. They have been working on this since 2008 or so, it's taken 7 years to get this much material up. Believe me, it's so detailed and there is so much material it's understandable why.

Just recently I used this material to completely dominate a guy who is a black belt in Judo and a blue belt in BJJ. He had no answers for the small amount of BB stripe 1 stuff I know and even some of the white belt material from the Gracie combative program (in general though, against a skilled opponent you will need more than the combative program).

I have to agree with this as well. I haven't added the time up but there are 60 lessons in the Blue Belt Stripe 1 and another 60 in Stripe 2. (Might be a total of over a hundred hours of instruction.) I haven't met anyone who has said he knows all that material.

This is truly an epic achievement. Unmatched by anything else I have seen to date.

I'm impressed by anyone that has gotten all the existing material down pat. I can only imagine what an individuals skill set will be like once stripe 2 and 3 are out and they have mastered those lessons as well.

I haven't seen any wasted time in the delivery of the knowledge in Combatives or the Blue Belt material.

I don't think anyone verities the quality of their products.
I find them the combatives a little bit too long.
Maybe they could have a long and a short version for revision.
It is jut like those videos where they talk for 5 minutes before showing the techniques.

They do have a long and short version. The instructional part and a short silent clip of the brothers demoing the technique. For each technique as far as I can tell. Very handy when you just need a quick refresher.

They do have a long and short version. The instructional part and a short silent clip of the brothers demoing the technique. For each technique as far as I can tell. Very handy when you just need a quick refresher.

I think the printable documents with the key points of each technique slice are great as well. I printed all the Combatives docs and a few of the Blue Belt Stripe 1 and put them in an binder and just read over a few before going to the gym just as a good way to immerse myself in technique in the hour or so I have to kill between getting off work and going to train.

Even as a purple belt I think you will find a lot of great material i the blue belt stripe 1 and 2 sections. I would recommend looking through the Gracie University curriculum page to see what is taught in those sections. It looks like stripe 3 will be up sometime soon since it is now available to click on but nothing is listed there yet. They have been working on this since 2008 or so, it's taken 7 years to get this much material up. Believe me, it's so detailed and there is so much material it's understandable why.

Just recently I used this material to completely dominate a guy who is a black belt in Judo and a blue belt in BJJ. He had no answers for the small amount of BB stripe 1 stuff I know and even some of the white belt material from the Gracie combative program (in general though, against a skilled opponent you will need more than the combative program).

Thanks for the answer, I'll give a look at the free samples

Gracie University Master Cycle Review
- by dwellerinparentsbasement

After watching the NY Mets choke on a big game, some of my friends from kindergarten and I get together and grapple each other.
then one day we found out about bjj.
but we were too scurred to go to a class so we bought some videos to grapple with each other.not for friday night fun, but with a purpose----to get a blue e belt and get some street cred (no lava or needles please, ha)
After doing the videos a couple times, i feel if anyone tried to fight me or touch my future girlfriend's ass that i would have an unfair advantage
also, i was coming out of the shower and my sister's friend asked me if i was working out.
i said "just some bjj. you know. choking a fool out. no big deal"
she was so impressed she could't stop laughing. i am gonna marry this girl so don't think about grabbing her ass. you don't want none of my unfair advantage. believe it.
i am also more assertive and a go getter at work. this one customer on my paper route owed me 2 dollars and you know what? i got it.
thanks RnR --- you guys rock n roll. ha! get it. now, by the power of greyskull, Renergize me!!!

Very good review. Read twice.

I know it's an old thread but it's a really helpful review for someone considering doing gjj.

Back