Governor Cuomo issuing pardons to all parolees to restore voting rights

This is bunk. Read.
No it's really not. Going on parole is still part of your sentence. They are still being punished for their crime. Once their punishment is over they can have back their right to vote

No it's really not. Going on parole is still part of your sentence. They are still being punished for their crime. Once their punishment is over they can have back their right to vote
Focus. You said this, which I quoted:

Literally the only reason you would support this is because you think they are going to vote for your side.

Bunk.

One of my guilty pleasures when I'm working at home is to have Lock Up playing in the background on Netflix. It gives me mixed feelings on our prison system.

Overall, our prison system doesn't rehabilitate at all, and it gives America a very high recidivism rate compared to other first world countries. America simply "punishes" and a lot of things dehumanize people incarcerated and they come out worse than they go in. Obviously some people shouldn't ever come out like child predators or sex predators (obviously 1st degree/2nd degree murder as well).

But there are a lot of things that you can catch felonies for like drug possession, and some white collar stuff that once you have served your time and are out on parole, you should be able to vote.

So I have mixed feelings over all.

Ridiculous, your below average citizen should not be able to vote as well.

Voting is important and requires competence and intelligence.

Half the country would vote for a Kardashian if given the opportunity.

China learned a long time ago you cannot give the general dumb public such important power.

All pedos are felons. Not all felons are pedos.

To be fair here Milo was the the kid in this case. All he said is that it was consensual. If anything this kind of helps @Happy Man's argument as he was saying men fucking minors isn't abnormal in the gay community, and the LGBT crowd tends to be on the liberal side of things.

Ridiculous, your below average citizen should not be able to vote as well.

Voting is important and requires competence and intelligence.

Half the country would vote for a Kardashian if given the opportunity.

China learned a long time ago you cannot give the general dumb public such important power.

This is how we got President Trump. Every bit as bad as voting for a Kardashian.

I like how the right leaning people in this thread just assume everyone on parole is a dem. lol As if republicans don't commit crimes.

Then don’t possess marijuana in those four states. I see nothing wrong with marijuana but it is still illegal in some places. I don’t think it should be but that is the law.

I never understood the whole drug war argument myself. I agree that a lot of the laws are dumb and way too excessive, but to act like the people that break them are victims is ridiculous. It's not like they didn't know what the consequences would be.

I'm not a dumb ass kid, I don't get "triggered"

I don't buy into that.

I guess wouldn't really know myself :D It's just that the left always been more accepting of their life style and fought for gay rights. I would think that the majority of people at those LGBT parades aren't conservative.

I'm sure there are a lot of closeted conservatives, but the LGBT crowd is going to gravitate more to the left as a lot of conservatives are Christian and don't agree with their life style. All the gay people I've ever known (Besides one rich lesbian couple) would always vote Dem.

One thing worth noting though is that the landscape is changing a little bit and things like gay rights don't seem too be big talking points any more for the right. Believe it or not Trump was actually the first president that supported gay rights while he was running for office.

Last edited:
The article says he can issue an executive order. Also 18 other states do it like this so

They mention VA, but I believe the court ruled that our gov. had to sign for each individual person - not 1 blanket order.

I never understood the whole drug war argument myself. I agree that a lot of the laws are dumb and way too excessive, but to act like the people that break them are victims is ridiculous. It's not like they didn't know what the consequences would be.
Exactly, the laws are dumb but they are just that the laws. If I speed and get a ticket it is because I chose to not follow the law and I have to deal with the consequences. These people chose to break the law and they to deal with the consequences.

I like how the right leaning people in this thread just assume everyone on parole is a dem. lol As if republicans don't commit crimes.

I don't consider my self conservative, but I don't think this is the case, If this dude pardons a whole shit ton of felons who do you think they're going to vote for? Like I said earlier I would be surprised if 10% of them even vote.

I don't consider my self conservative, but I don't think this is the case, If this dude pardons a whole shit ton of felons who do you think they're going to vote for? Like I said earlier I would be surprised if 10% of them even vote.

They aren't getting pardoned. Just getting their voting rights restored. The crimes aren't going away.

Such bullshit. I'd be very open to a discussion about fellons' voting rights (and other rights) after all time has been served, but parole is still part of the punishment

Won't make a difference in NYC. They'll be voting the way everyone else there votes anyway.

They are ALREADY on parole. Parole means they have been released from prison already. People get parole (aka early release) typically for good behavior and have to appear before a parole board to get. How would the pardon for voting rights rights increase the number of people killed?

What? Not sure what your point is, here. Let's look again at my original post that you quoted, then review your reply above, shall we?

This will bite him in the ass when some of these clowns start killing folks. And some of them will.

<WellThere>

So I say this will bite him in the ass when some of these thousands end up killing someone later, which they will, and you take it to mean I'm saying it will increase the total number of people killed, I guess?

Not what I'm saying.
He's now linking himself to all these felons as being "worthy" of pardons (I understand they're already paroled) and he will get attacked when the inevitable happens, that's all I'm saying in that post.

Such bullshit. I'd be very open to a discussion about fellons' voting rights (and other rights) after all time has been served, but parole is still part of the punishment

Case-by-case basis is fine, but this blanket shit is pure pandering and only serves to lock up several thousand more votes for the left, which is the only intent to start with.

lol @ Cuomo giving a shit about these parolees.

Back