Gotta work graveyard shift tonight

When I did security overnight back in the day, I made sure there was plenty of caffeine in my system. Also anytime I felt sleepy, I went on my walking rounds.

Anyone work this shift that has tips for staying awake?

Caffeine.

Keep moving. Don't sit down for long, and never lay down.

Do pushups or any other way to keep the blood moving.

Find a corner of a room that no one goes into- sleep - get paid to sleep - WINNING!!

I spent eight years on a 2300-0700 shift and lobbied for three years to get it. I was always wired to stay up late and it was more my speed and type of work. After eight years, they forced us to rotate every three months. The difference in my mood and well-being was noticeable.

Five hours energy mixed with 1 liter or more of water to sip on throughout the night. Small cup of coffee no later than 4AM if you need it. Blackout curtains.

Thats my ideal shift. I'm a night owl and like to stay up till at least 4 am minimum. Granted id rather be having fun at night but id also rather be a wealthy millionaire with a super model wife too.:D

Also you can enjoy most of the day and evening too with that schedule
Most of the day? Wouldn't working till 8am mean you are home and sleepIng by 9am and getting up at 4ish? Seems like most of the day is slept a way.

lol, just noticed the op was posted yesterday. glad it wasn't too bad.
The origin story of Graverobber revealed. And the hair of the dog that bit ya every morning before bed eh? You're ruthless.

Most of the day? Wouldn't working till 8am mean you are home and sleepIng by 9am and getting up at 4ish? Seems like most of the day is slept a way.

Im used to working 12s now so i can do 8s standing on my head. Sometimes ill even say fuck it and power through a whole day when off shift with out sleep then crash after the next grave shift.

but generally ill sleep till 12-2 if im off at 8. Then go run errands, excercise, have a bit of fun then back to work

Working graveshift security was one of the easiest and best jobs I ever had. I was 19 at the time. It was a group of 3 of us and we were doing security for three buildings. We would all just take turns sleeping and messing around. There was only one way into the parking lot where the three buildings were so one person would watch the parking lot and call the others if a supervisor showed up or someone pulled into the parking lot, one person would be sleeping, and the other would be watching a movie or messing around on a laptop.

The shift was from 7 PM to 7 AM and we had a perfect 4 hour rotation going. Multiple times a week we would also send one of us out to go buy food. This went on for a year until one of the dudes fucked up and fell asleep when he was supposed to be the look out. Supervisor walked in and busted all of us. I was told I was gonna be taken off the site and have a report written on me. They wanted to put me in a hospital instead as punishment and I just said fuck that and quit. So, I have no advice since I didn't really do the job properly.

Not sure. I used to do graveyard shift for a year and a half and it was full of people who were conspiratards or had very strange beliefs.

People who think humans are from mars. People who think Putin is at war with the bankers and spends most of their income on nickel in preperation for the collapse of the dollar. People who believe that there is an impending race war.

I think that because the shift alienates you ( since everyones asleep when youre awake and vice versa ) as you don't have much exposure to 'normal' people and therefore no one is there to debate your stupid or insane ideas.

Most people on these shifts watch youtube videos or weird podcasts instead of the news.

I have worked graveyard a few times in my life and this show definitely has the ability to change your view on things if you let it. I listened to it more for entertainment and to stay awake.

coast1.png

lol I noticed alot of replies are just walk around and maybe find a place to sleep. Does any graveyard shift work actually require doing anything?

Yeah working graveyards does include work.
Hard to go to work LOOK like you're working and get paid to sleep, people lose their jobs for not doing it right dude, get on board

Covering for someone tonight 11-7. Sucks, but I don't have to work my regular shift tomorrow so I felt like it was worth it.

Used to work a lot of graveyard shifts, it definitely killed my soul sometimes. Knew a ton of people that loved working that shift, never understood why. You’re missing so much of the world when you are asleep during the day.

I worked it at an old job it paid $5 more an hour shift premium

I work 4x4 shift work as a senior plant tech operator at a power plant. 2 days, 2 nights, off for 4. 12 hour shifts....6am-6pm and 6pm-6am. I actually prefer the night shifts.

Midnight to 8am. Man this is gonna be rough. I didnt even find out until i was getting ready for my normal shift. Anyone work this shift that has tips for staying awake? Does anyone actually like this shift? I suppose it makes sense if you're in school but it would take a toll on your body I would imagine. Also for those that work it when do you sleep?

Was hoping you were gonna say you worked at some super creepy place.

Midnight to 8am. Man this is gonna be rough. I didnt even find out until i was getting ready for my normal shift. Anyone work this shift that has tips for staying awake? Does anyone actually like this shift? I suppose it makes sense if you're in school but it would take a toll on your body I would imagine. Also for those that work it when do you sleep?
I work 11pm-7am. It sucks around the 1am-3am part. Sleeping in the morning is horrible and you can't really catch up on your sleep during the weekends.

I love graveyard, my wife hates it when I do them though. I've been working rotating shifts for over 20 years and I'll take graveyard and swing over day shift any day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back