Gotta work graveyard shift tonight

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Midnight to 8am. Man this is gonna be rough. I didnt even find out until i was getting ready for my normal shift. Anyone work this shift that has tips for staying awake? Does anyone actually like this shift? I suppose it makes sense if you're in school but it would take a toll on your body I would imagine. Also for those that work it when do you sleep?

Thats my ideal shift. I'm a night owl and like to stay up till at least 4 am minimum. Granted id rather be having fun at night but id also rather be a wealthy millionaire with a super model wife too.:D

Also you can enjoy most of the day and evening too with that schedule

Get a quad espresso and sip throughout the night.

how many bodies are you burying?

Take a 3 hour nap before you go to work, and it will last you throughout the night. Sleep for another 3 hours after you're done, and you won't miss a beat. Trust me on this. I wake up at 02:30 each morning for my shift, and I've been doing it for a year and a half.

Midnight to 8am. Man this is gonna be rough. I didnt even find out until i was getting ready for my normal shift. Anyone work this shift that has tips for staying awake? Does anyone actually like this shift? I suppose it makes sense if you're in school but it would take a toll on your body I would imagine. Also for those that work it when do you sleep?
ah yes, the graveyard shift. where I got my nickname actually. every week, the place I worked would post available overtime on the bulletin board. It was first come first served as far as signing up. I used to snatch up four or five graveyard shifts for overtime before anyone else could get them, hence they started calling me the 'graverobber'. lol. I actually gave some of it back to ppl who really needed the money. I was doing it for extra cash to spend on shit.

As far as advice, listen to music if you can preferably in ear buds, nice and loud. depending on your activity, get up and move around every so often to keep the circulation going. again, depending on your activity at work, go outside for fresh air as much as possible. Also, hanging out with someone else on the same shift and bullshitting can make time pass.

I was actually on graveyard shift for three years prior to the time I'm talking about and I got so used to it, I preferred it over daytime. I worked 11pm to 7am. Big breakfast, couple of beers and sleep from 9am to 5pm. awesome.

good luck!

I always needed 2 or 3 shifts to get used to it. Hard to change your schedule in a snap and not be tired.

Oh and cocaine

It's more important to try and avoid the opposite, things that will encourage sleepiness, such as eating things with a lot of sugar, low lighting, sitting in one place /position for too long etc.

But also, drinking lots of coffee worked for me.

ah yes, the graveyard shift. where I got my nickname actually. every week, the place I worked would post available overtime on the bulletin board. It was first come first served as far as signing up. I used to snatch up four or five graveyard shifts for overtime before anyone else could get them, hence they started calling me the 'graverobber'. lol. I actually gave some of it back to ppl who really needed the money. I was doing it for extra cash to spend on shit.

As far as advice, listen to music if you can preferably in ear buds, nice and loud. depending on your activity, get up and move around every so often to keep the circulation going. again, depending on your activity at work, go outside for fresh air as much as possible. Also, hanging out with someone else on the same shift and bullshitting can make time pass.

I was actually on graveyard shift for three years prior to the time I'm talking about and I got so used to it, I preferred it over daytime. I worked 11pm to 7am. Big breakfast, couple of beers and sleep from 9am to 5pm. awesome.

good luck!
I could definately understand the appeal of it if you could handle sleeping in the day. It wasnt a bad shift at all. Im a breakfast all day guy so eating a huge breakfast for "dinner" was nice

hqdefault.jpg

Does working the graveyard shift make you fucking wierd? Or are weirdos attracted to the graveyard shift?

I worked it for a year and loved it. It was quiet after 2:00AM and paid 10% more.

As far as tips go, drink coffee during the shift and walk around outside to keep you awake. I would eat breakfast when I got home and would sleep from 10:00am to 3:00pm. I'd also catch a one hour power nap after dinner.

I used to pop a few caffeine pills as needed. Worked graveyard for three years. Wont ever again. I get paid to sleep now.

Does working the graveyard shift make you fucking wierd? Or are weirdos attracted to the graveyard shift?

Not sure. I used to do graveyard shift for a year and a half and it was full of people who were conspiratards or had very strange beliefs.

People who think humans are from mars. People who think Putin is at war with the bankers and spends most of their income on nickel in preperation for the collapse of the dollar. People who believe that there is an impending race war.

I think that because the shift alienates you ( since everyones asleep when youre awake and vice versa ) as you don't have much exposure to 'normal' people and therefore no one is there to debate your stupid or insane ideas.

Most people on these shifts watch youtube videos or weird podcasts instead of the news.

Back