Got sucker punched today

He tried to short me a couple hundred bucks on some sub work I did for him. He was drunk and trying to leave with my money, then that liquid courage told him it was a good idea to get out of his truck and come after me. I backpedaled and circled around back to his door, got in his truck and pulled the keys. That's when he sucker punched me. Rung my ear and gave me a little cut near my ear, but effectively just pissed me off. I held off for a minute, wouldn't give him his keys until he paid up, then just chucked his keys as far as I could over a nearby fence. Then I walked the other way but changed my mind. Walked back toward where he was. He talked more shit, I put my bag down, and gave him the right there Fred.
Bottom line, you did not get your money, you got punched, beat up a drunk fat man, pressed assault charges, made him lose his job and posted details which you concealed from the cops on a forum. What a winner.

I will. Gonna let the f12 enjoy it for a minute first.
U r good to go. PA's are going to go on the police report...Unless U damage the guy and there's a Medi call for service and a patch up report from the hospital.

Medi record is the only thing he could come at you with if he was going to be dumb and challenge the assault.

If you had choked him out it would have left ligature marks that if he was smart, he could have gotten those documented by medi and used against U. So be careful out there BJJ guys, LEO's banned from choking, PA's don't know shit about it and will go target on your back, successful prosecution mode with a documented choke. Safest is Judo/Wrestlefuck pin perps till they give up or LEO arrives on scene.

Best thing is to let it go, no harm, no foul. I got assaulted to many times to remember in my old security job and the squads unspoken is if you don't need medical attention than the perps r perma banned, but pursuing charges is above and beyond and up to the PA.

It is ludicrous how easy it is to deal with untrained people, especially if they're out of shape and/or drunk or otherwise impaired. We all forget that because we spend all our time trying to beat people who are good, but that's not most people. Honestly what I worry about most in self defense situations (other than weapons) is throwing someone on concrete and getting in trouble due to my fighting background. Dealing with the legal system is just such a hassle, even if you end up being exonerated.

It is ludicrous how easy it is to deal with untrained people, especially if they're out of shape and/or drunk or otherwise impaired. We all forget that because we spend all our time trying to beat people who are good, but that's not most people. Honestly what I worry about most in self defense situations (other than weapons) is throwing someone on concrete and getting in trouble due to my fighting background. Dealing with the legal system is just such a hassle, even if you end up being exonerated.

Honestly that is part of the reason I went ahead and pressed charges. It's gonna be a lot better for this guy to have to explain why he was drunk, cheating me, and sucker punched me than for me to have to explain why I manhandled him. I've learned that in conflict, the first one to call the cops or to lawyer up is usually the one to win.

Plus this guy is an out of stater. He's from Florida and has been trying to get rolling in Texas. I told him he's going to be arrested eventually of he stays here so he should just clear out.

Honestly that is part of the reason I went ahead and pressed charges. It's gonna be a lot better for this guy to have to explain why he was drunk, cheating me, and sucker punched me than for me to have to explain why I manhandled him. I've learned that in conflict, the first one to call the cops or to lawyer up is usually the one to win.

Plus this guy is an out of stater. He's from Florida and has been trying to get rolling in Texas. I told him he's going to be arrested eventually of he stays here so he should just clear out.

Dude...you got in an altercation with Florida Man. Now I'm worried about you. Not for any specific reason, but just because Florida is the twilight zone and people carry that weirdness with him. Don't be surprised if it turns out his construction business was just a front for running Burmese pythons full of cocaine to Juarez to pay for boob jobs for his Filipino lady boy strippers.

Dude...you got in an altercation with Florida Man. Now I'm worried about you. Not for any specific reason, but just because Florida is the twilight zone and people carry that weirdness with him. Don't be surprised if it turns out his construction business was just a front for running Burmese pythons full of cocaine to Juarez to pay for boob jobs for his Filipino lady boy strippers.
Underrated post may be underrated by others.

I love news stories that start "A Florida Man/Woman...."

Thank God for Florida. It prevents Texas from being the weirdest state.

Weirdest lower 48. Alaska is a close second to Florida, you just don't hear nearly as much about it.

Actually I did.
I've had better days for sure. But it was get my money or get got in this case. You gonna let a swindler just walk off with YOUR hard earned jack?
I'd have a written-down contract that he wouldn't be able to disregard. I also wouldn't quarrel (or fight) with a drunken man. I'd let him sober up, call him the next day, maybe he'd even apologize, who knows?
But yeah, I'm obviously a beta male, the civilized approach is for pussies, real men just choke a bitch.

I'd have a written-down contract that he wouldn't be able to disregard. I also wouldn't quarrel (or fight) with a drunken man. I'd let him sober up, call him the next day, maybe he'd even apologize, who knows?
But yeah, I'm obviously a beta male, the civilized approach is for pussies, real men just choke a bitch.

Will you please be my friend?

A little petty pressing charges, getting the dude fired and laughing about him possibly getting evicted or whatever, no? You already got the better of him physically.

Taking down a drunk old fat dude, is not really something to be proud of either.

A little petty pressing charges, getting the dude fired and laughing about him possibly getting evicted or whatever, no? You already got the better of him physically.

Taking down a drunk old fat dude, is not really something to be proud of either.

American culture is ridiculously litigious. Canada isn't much better.

American culture is ridiculously litigious. Canada isn't much better.
Yeah I guess it's a culture thing. It's not like that here at all, so it's hard to put myself in that mindset. I can reasonably understand the counter suing thing as a pre-emptive, if there's a real concern, but gloating about it and the rest seems pretty petty in my view.

Yeah I guess it's a culture thing. It's not like that here at all, so it's hard to put myself in that mindset. I can reasonably understand the counter suing thing as a pre-emptive, if there's a real concern, but gloating about it and the rest seems pretty petty in my view.

Honestly man I don't want to pursue charges. But I have learned the hard way that most of the time the first person to lawyer up or call the cops prevails.

Plus that mother fucker said in a text to me that next time he's gonna punch my girlfriend. So you can bet your sweet ass that if I run into him again that it's on.

So it's just best for him to clear out of town. He has no roots here, he's burned his business bridges, and he's gonna be catching a case at some point.

Honestly man I don't want to pursue charges. But I have learned the hard way that most of the time the first person to lawyer up or call the cops prevails.

Plus that mother fucker said in a text to me that next time he's gonna punch my girlfriend. So you can bet your sweet ass that if I run into him again that it's on.

So it's just best for him to clear out of town. He has no roots here, he's burned his business bridges, and he's gonna be catching a case at some point.
If he brought your significant other into it that's another matter. He sounds like an asshole. At the same time it sounds like him and you have personal history and you're probably not entirely innocent in this matter. Either way, I can understand protecting yourself and the ones close to you.

I feel pretty blessed living where I do. Sure, we've violence like everywhere else, but very few guns and we don't sue that much.

If he brought your significant other into it that's another matter. He sounds like an asshole. At the same time it sounds like him and you have personal history and you're probably not entirely innocent in this matter. Either way, I can understand protecting yourself and the ones close to you.

I feel pretty blessed living where I do. Sure, we've violence like everywhere else, but very few guns and we don't sue that much.

No real history. I worked with him a grand total of less than a week. He liked my work on a house where we were both subs and asked me work for him. He made a big deal about being a Christian, not smoking or cussing at jobs. Then he shows up drunk, slows me way down by not having his shit together, and tries to stiff me. No. Fucking. Way.

I guess it's a different definition. When I first learned a "no gi clock choke" it was where opponent is turtled, you're in side control, put front arm in front of their throat, jump over their back, gable grip hands and hip back, kind of like kesa gatame but they are belly down or turtled. So it's a wind choke, forearm across throat, but you crank back too.

I never went to the ground. He was sitting, I got my right arm around his neck, forearm over throat, gable grip, and put my right knee between his shoulder blades. So I was able to give a lot of pressure but didn't have to go to the ground.

I guess maybe it was more of a short choke? Didn't really distinguish between the two.
sounds like terrible grappling to me

not quite a sucker punch to me, he just struck first. Street fights don't evereally start with "im gonna hit you now" and you took his car keys out of the ignition. not saying youre liable, just saying.

Back