Got Shafted By Protech Mouthguards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not an ass or insensitive, I just want my money or my guard. I am sure all these guys that were ripped off feel the same way. I do not have another $140 laying around to buy another guard and that upsets me. I am using a $.99 mouth piece at this time.

Hang on to that fire. I still feel like Tom will show up here two years from now, drop a 'sorry' and be welcomed back with opened arms from those who did receive their guards. Despite making great guards, all the people who have been ripped off should tell their stories and veto any attempt Tom makes for a Do-over around here.

While I could be wrong, I doubt that he'll show up that far down the road w/o making right and expect or try a do over. He'll either be gone forever, or make right in the near future and try to start over.

yeah i figure i'm pretty much fucked of my 120 bucks. first time i've ever been scammed, fucking sucks.

While I could be wrong, I doubt that he'll show up that far down the road w/o making right and expect or try a do over. He'll either be gone forever, or make right in the near future and try to start over.

He's got a lot of work to do, refund wise. More and more folks are coming forward around here so I can only imagine the head-count of Non-Sherdoggers and others who lost money who know even less than we do.

Even if he tries to make right, I imagine he'll do so by providing the guards that were ordered, and maybe some type of gift certificate or something towards future guards. I doubt he'll be able to do or try to do any type of mass refund.

For once I'm glad I have a credit card. As some of you might know I was in the same boat as you a few days ago having 180.00 bucks wasted on a mouthguard that probably wont come. However thanks to the bottom feeders at Chase credit card company I got my money back. All I did was call them up and say there was a charge on my card I wanted to dispute due to the company not sending me the product, they told me I would have to wait a few days so they may investigate the situation and make sure that Protech could'nt prove they did ship me the mouthguard. Any whoooo I got a letter in the mail today and I got my 180 back. Just thought I would share my good news.

Chase credit card company may be a bunch of bottom feeders, but the're my bottom feeders. Nothing could put me in a bad mood today :)

Now what to spend 180.00 bucks on???

For once I'm glad I have a credit card. As some of you might know I was in the same boat as you a few days ago having 180.00 bucks wasted on a mouthguard that probably wont come. However thanks to the bottom feeders at Chase credit card company I got my money back. All I did was call them up and say there was a charge on my card I wanted to dispute due to the company not sending me the product, they told me I would have to wait a few days so they may investigate the situation and make sure that Protech could'nt prove they did ship me the mouthguard. Any whoooo I got a letter in the mail today and I got my 180 back. Just thought I would share my good news.

Chase credit card company may be a bunch of bottom feeders, but the're my bottom feeders. Nothing could put me in a bad mood today :)

Glad to see you got your money back. Others weren't as fortunate though. You only have a certain period of time to file a dispute with your CC company. Seemed Tom was always promising it next week so people would delay filing until they were past the point where they could file a claim.

But there's now a number of companies that offer custom guards so at least you'll still be able to get one.

hahah thanks, at least i feel better about my job :D
but yeah seriously if anybody bought it with a credit card, go through your credit card company, they SHOULD take care of you.

hahah thanks, at least i feel better about my job :D
but yeah seriously if anybody bought it with a credit card, go through your credit card company, they SHOULD take care of you.

I went thru Paypal but I used my bank account for it and neither of them seem to give a $hit if I get my money back. I don't use the bank I used for this purchase as my primary bank account so not many transactions go thru them from me. Maybe that could be why they don't really care?

I went thru Paypal but I used my bank account for it and neither of them seem to give a $hit if I get my money back. I don't use the bank I used for this purchase as my primary bank account so not many transactions go thru them from me. Maybe that could be why they don't really care?

That's the true bull shit with paypal, they make you use a checking account so that you are a "verified" member. What that really means is Paypal dosen't have to pay a fee to your credit card for the transaction and they leave you hanging on fraud claims. Fucking monoply.

That's the true bull shit with paypal, they make you use a checking account so that you are a "verified" member. What that really means is Paypal dosen't have to pay a fee to your credit card for the transaction and they leave you hanging on fraud claims. Fucking monoply.

Very true, this whole situation is shady as hell honestly. Wonder if any Pro Fighters are still using Protech's guards? If they do I wonder if Tom is still making them new guards or if he is completely done?

imo, it wouldn't make sense for tom to still be making guards for them. First, he's probably out of business, and therefor not much reason to do it. Secondly, he obviously has/had more business then he could handle, therefore not much reason to do it.

Is there anything we can do as a group to sue this thief?

I am pretty sure that you would end up spending more money trying to get a lawsuit against them than what it's worth.

just FYI, the WHOLE MMA community is aware of what is happening, I was speaking with a top 3 LHW, he and his manager expressed concern about being sponsored due to instability in the mouthguard industry...

just FYI, the WHOLE MMA community is aware of what is happening, I was speaking with a top 3 LHW, he and his manager expressed concern about being sponsored due to instability in the mouthguard industry...

Is your company based out of Houston?

just because a company went under, how is that "instability in the industry"?? Even so, it would seem to me if you have money, they would take you on. If you go belly up, then they move on to the next company. Unless they mean, all of a sudden their's alot of competition, and they want to shop around for the best sponsorship opp.

Is your company based out of Houston?

yes it is.

just because a company went under, how is that "instability in the industry"?? Even so, it would seem to me if you have money, they would take you on. If you go belly up, then they move on to the next company. Unless they mean, all of a sudden their's alot of competition, and they want to shop around for the best sponsorship opp.

my feelings exactly, they are/were concerned that if the company went under then they would look bad, which I understand, we are still in talks so we will see what happens...

got our "putty" samples in, I dislike it, so it has set us back until we find another manufacturer, the whole issue is the level of precision the putty can offer, meaning, crappy impression, crappy fitting guard...

sorry for the delay though fellas, we are working on it for our outside of Texas folks!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back