got my dog spayed, now she hates me.....

Shouldn't this thread be merged together with the beastiality thread?

Just keep calm and she'll get over it in time. If you act stressed out about it then it'll just make things worse.

Surprise her by coming home one day with some special chewy treats, put some Teddy Pendergrass on the stereo, light some candles, massage her paws, tell her she's a good dog. Treat her like a lady. All will be well.
Best advice, don't try and go to her, let her come to you when she's ready.

Beautiful dog man. Im sure she will come around just give it time.. she probably thinks you're acting weird

My dog did the same thing. She was a bitch for about a month after.

I got my seven month old puppy fixed over three weeks ago and ever since she's been avoiding me. I mean she used to go absolutely nuts when I would get home from work, now she doesn't even come to the door. When I call her she comes with her head and ears down. Anyone else experience this? My gf says she's happy and excited when I'm not there but when I get home she goes and lays outside. I feel bad. Is this normal? I've had her since she was six weeks old.

Edit: I just went to pet her and she coward and peed. WTF. She's hiding from me behind a chair

I had a kitten once that I got neutered, and he would sit down in front of me, motion like he was going to lick his balls, then look me dead in the eye, look back at where his balls were supposed to be, then look me dead in the eyes again. It was like he was telling me, "there is something that is supposed to be there, and it's not there, and I know it's gone because of you."

That said, I think your dog's situation is extreme. Ask the veterinarian about it.

Last edited:
That reminds me of another story too. My brother-in-law had a friend who waited waaaaay too late to get his cat neutered. The cat was like 4 years old, so it already knew what to do with them. For several days after this cat got neutered, it would drag it's ass across the floor and start screaming as it moved. It was this cat's protest to what it knew it had lost. So hilarious and sad at the same time.

ive never experienced that with my dogs, theyre usually down for maybe 2 weeks and then move on

i would do the foolproof method of giving her a treat or taking her for a walk whenever you get home. so she associates your presence with treats or fun play rather than the negative experience
Yours a full bred Husky? I see she got them brown eyes like a true latina.

If so I take it she's not spayed?

Yours a full bred Husky? I see she got them brown eyes like a true latina.

If so I take it she's not spayed?

yeah shes purebred and the owner had her by accident (husky breeder had a female escape to the male yard) her eyes are hazel like mine, green and brown. they were blue when she was a puppy but changed as she got older

i had her spayed after her first heat, there are enough great dogs that need homes. i dont need to make more

That reminds me of another story too. My brother-in-law had a friend who waited waaaaay too late to get his cat neutered. The cat was like 4 years old, so it already knew what to do with them. For several days after this cat got neutered, it would drag it's ass across the floor and start screaming as it moved. It was this cat's protest to what it knew it had lost. So hilarious and sad at the same time.
My brothers dog didnt get fixed until he was 3 b/c his wife thought it was cruel. When they finally couldnt put up with his destructive behavior and marking EVERYTHING in the house they got him fixed. It made the dog even worse and they had to get rid of him.

yeah shes purebred and the owner had her by accident (husky breeder had a female escape to the male yard) her eyes are hazel like mine, green and brown. they were blue when she was a puppy but changed as she got older

i had her spayed after her first heat, there are enough great dogs that need homes. i dont need to make more
<6>

Back