got my blue belt yesterday.

Chazz Reinhold

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
after 2 yrs of training I got my blue belt yesterday. While I am happy/excited I fully don't feel like I was ready to achieve it just yet. just a feeling. I am honored though.

I had that feeling for a few months too. I kind of got over it after about 3 months(I'm like a 5 month blue). I know I'm still on the very low end blue belts, but after doing a few competitions and gauging how my rolls have been going against similar new blues and senior blues I don't feel like a complete fraud anymore.

Also, congrats!

Congrats. I felt the same at Blue and now at Purple. Its difficult stepping out of our comfort zones but I'm sure you'll do great!

Congrats! Keep training!

Congrats! At what belt do you have to register your appendages as deadly weapons?

Did Mom make a special meatloaf?

Congrats man, awesome accomplishment. Just be ready cause higher belts won't give you the easy treatment anymore.

Is BJJ the only art where everyone feels undeserving of their belt?

after 2 yrs of training I got my blue belt yesterday. While I am happy/excited I fully don't feel like I was ready to achieve it just yet. just a feeling. I am honored though.

Congratulations! It's a great feeling. Get ready to be smashed by higher belts now and have white belts gunning for you :) At least that's what started happening to me

Pretty common response to getting the next belt. It's something you grow into, but trust your instructor knows what they're doing.

I can't speak for everyone but I felt the same way years and years ago when I was given my black belt in Okinawan Kempo. Then I felt the same way when I was given my blue in bjj a long time ago as well.

If you think about it, it kind of makes sense as BJJ promotions are primarily done on a student's sparring proficiency. When you get newly promoted to a belt, you might likely be the worst guy at that belt level and are used to seeing students who have been at a particular belt level for years who are better than you.

3 years of training, 1200+ mat hours and 100+ private classes when I got my blue belt. I felt more insulted than undeserving.

Back