Got my black belt...

@yovan
Out of curiosity, did you know it was happening that day, and if not, how did you react?

I did not know beforehand. However, a couple of my main training partners were acting strange all week. One apologized to me for 'not being there' on Saturday. (The day of promotion)

So in my mind, I thought maybe something's up.

I didn't explode with enthusiasm... rather it was a surreal feeling of gratitude for my academy and coaches. I di give a speech that started strong and I got just a touch misty toward the end and figured, 'end this now, you're a damn black belt', lol.

I did not know beforehand. However, a couple of my main training partners were acting strange all week. One apologized to me for 'not being there' on Saturday. (The day of promotion)

So in my mind, I thought maybe something's up.

I didn't explode with enthusiasm... rather it was a surreal feeling of gratitude for my academy and coaches. I di give a speech that started strong and I got just a touch misty toward the end and figured, 'end this now, you're a damn black belt', lol.

"Who started cutting onion in here?"

Oh nice! Thanks for the insight. People's reactions to their promotions always interests me for some reason. Congrats again!

congrats man!!

gotta be one of the hardest things to accomplish, getting that black belt in bjj

funny how far things have come i rememebr back n 2007-2009 all the i got my blue belt threads sherdog had like 1 brown belt back then now we have a few blacks welcome to the club!!
So what did Relson told you?

As a BB you surely have students of your own or regulars that mostly sees you has their main instructor.

It's very inspiring for them also

As a lower level student it's always fun to see the hard work and progression of people ahead of us, it shows us the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back