@Steel
Reaction score
PIcked this up last week:

LYnJVCR.jpg

RQnAhAa.jpg

4OJ5pCo.jpg

maLhlLp.jpg

It sounds sweet.

That's a mahogany top, right? Or what they call mahogany today.

How does it project? I have a Simon and Patrick Woodland pro that has type of mahogany body. IT sounds awesome just strumming on the couch or finger picking but if I pick it hard, it seems to compress a lot. Like it just has a certain level its willing to be played at.

That's a mahogany top, right? Or what they call mahogany today.

How does it project? I have a Simon and Patrick Woodland pro that has type of mahogany body. IT sounds awesome just strumming on the couch or finger picking but if I pick it hard, it seems to compress a lot. Like it just has a certain level its willing to be played at.

It's mahogany... same as it ever was. Yeah, it sounds good all around.

What body style is your guitar and what is the top wood?

PIcked this up last week:

LYnJVCR.jpg

RQnAhAa.jpg

4OJ5pCo.jpg

maLhlLp.jpg

It sounds sweet.

Nice! The Cadillac of acoustics. That must have set you back a couple of G's. I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's not much to brag about, but it's pretty (Cherry Sunburst) and I really like it. I'm going to through some vintage 57 pick ups in it though.

I had an Epiphone LP about 10 years ago that I did that with and it sounded awesome, but it got stolen from the Jam Space that me and the band I was in at the time were renting.

Nice! The Cadillac of acoustics. That must have set you back a couple of G's. I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's not much to brag about, but it's pretty (Cherry Sunburst) and I really like it. I'm going to through some vintage 57 pick ups in it though.

I had an Epiphone LP about 10 years ago that I did that with and it sounded awesome, but it got stolen from the Jam Space that me and the band I was in at the time were renting.

I got a good deal for it. I play guitar as a relaxing hobby and something creative to occupy my time. I'm ok at best. But, I also collect acoustic guitars. I just love how all the sound is due to the wood and the construction. They're all different. So, I have many acoustics. This one isn't even near the top of the list regarding cost. It's a really nice guitar though.

Yeah, Epiphone LP's are hit or miss. I've played some good ones and some that are awful. It's good you got a decent one. Like I said, I play mostly acoustic, but I do have a few electrics. My main electric is a Hagstrom Super Swede. Those are really nice for not much money. I also have a 60's Gibson Duo Medalist that I got cheap and had someone restore a while ago. They sound nice:

Super Swede:

images

Gibson Duo Medalist:

p1_utcboq00m_so.jpg

Those aren't my pics by the way.

Cool Amp.
When I a young (10-13 ish ) in the late 80's/early 90's my Grandpa got too old to play and he gave me a couple of tube amps.

One was a Silvertone (Pic below)

upload_2017-8-9_15-47-17.jpeg

The other a Gibson GA 20

GIBSON_GA2_01.jpg

I thought they were Junk and that solid state amps were better. I played on them for a couple of years and all I needed was a couple of tubes for both of them and just put them on the side of the road for anybody to pick up.

The guy that took them knocked on the door and asked if it was okay to take them. I told him to go ahead, because I thought they were old junk. Talk about young and stupid :D

I was into the hair metal sound and I just viewed them as outdated amp that didn't even have distortion or effects. I did get a distortion pedal for a birthday present, but I was still jealous of my friends Peavy Bandit :D. I can laugh about it now, but it still sucks.

Cool Amp.
When I a young (10-13 ish ) in the late 80's/early 90's my Grandpa got too old to play and he gave me a couple of tube amps.

One was a Silvertone (Pic below)

View attachment 260821

The other a Gibson GA 20

GIBSON_GA2_01.jpg

I thought they were Junk and that solid state amps were better. I played on them for a couple of years and all I needed was a couple of tubes for both of them and just put them on the side of the road for anybody to pick up.

The guy that took them knocked on the door and asked if it was okay to take them. I told him to go ahead, because I thought they were old junk. Talk about young and stupid :D

I was into the hair metal sound and I just viewed them as outdated amp that didn't even have distortion or effects. I did get a distortion pedal for a birthday present, but I was still jealous of my friends Peavy Bandit :D. I can laugh about it now, but it still sucks.

Yeah, that sucks. Especially the Gibson. I hear those are super sweet.

My amp is actually a good deal story. I bought it online in like 2000... before eBay became popular. It was through an online used classifieds (before Craigslist). Because it wasn't working and the seller thought there was something majorly wrong with it, I bought it for $20 and had it shipped for $50 because it's really heavy. Then, I took it took a local tech and paid $150 to have the caps updated and the plug grounded. Worked perfectly after that. A few years later, I got a set of preamp tubes for like $40 that made it sound even sweeter. So, I paid a total of $260 for that thing. I think that's a sweet deal on it too.

It's even a 2x12 too. The first one I posted is a 1x12. Here's a better pic of mine:

medalist_4x10__i-1.JPG

Not my pic again though.

It's mahogany... same as it ever was. Yeah, it sounds good all around.

What body style is your guitar and what is the top wood?
It has a 00 body and a spruce top. Is not supposed to be huge sounding anyway, I was just wondering if you get the same sort of compressed sound with heavy strumming on the Taylor.

It has a 00 body and a spruce top. Is not supposed to be huge sounding anyway, I was just wondering if you get the same sort of compressed sound with heavy strumming on the Taylor.

Nope, it doesn't sound compressed but it's a Grand Symphony shape.

Back