Gord Downie Dead at 53 - Any Hip Fans Out There?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Any non-Canadian Hip fans out there?

RIP Gord Downie

Last edited:
Hard day today. TTH mean alot to me and my family. Gord is a hero too us...

Watching "A National Celebration" as I type.

They call him Canadas Shakespeare, I know him as the lead singer in the soundtrack too my life.

Hard day today. TTH mean alot to me and my family. Gord is a hero too us...

Watching "A National Celebration" as I type.

They call him Canadas Shakespeare, I know him as the lead singer in the soundtrack too my life.
Long Time Running played last night and will play again tonight where I live. If you get a chance to watch it, it's supposed to be great. I'm seeing it tonight.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7043176/

I haven't heard a lot of their stuff, but LOVE "Little Bones". Sad to hear he's gone

I think there's a thread on this in Mayberry, but all good. RIP Gordie.

hip2.jpg

The Hip have always been one of my favourite bands. Grew up listening to them, and a lot of my greatest memories had them playing the background whether it was hunting, skiing, whatever. It was nice how pretty much all the radio stations in the city played their music all day yesterday. They had soooooo many great songs and albums too, definitely a huge part of Canadian culture imo.

A day after Jim Dunsworth passed too. What a shitty couple of days for Canadians nationwide, and therefore the world.

I seem to be one of the few that think "New Orleans is Sinking" is their best song. It also has one of my favorite rock riffs. Great song.

Back