Google Maps lets Businesses Promote Themselves as Women-Led

HomerThompson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Businesses can now describe themselves in Google Maps listings as being owned, led or founded by women, the Alphabet Inc (GOOGL.O) unit announced Wednesday.

The feature would roll out this week in celebration of International Women’s Day, on March 8, Google said in a blog post.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...te-themselves-as-women-led-idUSKCN1GJ35I?il=0

I like this. If those businesses think that advertising themselves as female owned will help drive their business, more power to them. I wouldn't shop somewhere just because of that, but some people probably would.

Smart of Google to launch it on International Women's Day too.

trust us!!!
skynet.jpg

Meh, just more clutter. I bet the ux team wasn't happy. Stick that shit on the company's website.

They are caving to the whingers.

Last year they had a feature where cupcakes showed up along a walking route as an indication of how many calories you would burn and they were criticised for fat shaming and removed it.

I suppose google finds it easier to placate these type of losers.

its google's prerogative.

but i'm not shopping at those places. gender has never been involved where i choose to patronize before, and i don't appreciate it being brought up now.

its google's prerogative.

but i'm not shopping at those places. gender has never been involved where i choose to patronize before, and i don't appreciate it being brought up now.

Not even strip clubs?

I'm not sure why they are doing this, or what the point is

I mean, how would you guys react to a business advertising as "black or Hispanic or Asian run"?

They are caving to the whingers.

Last year they had a feature where cupcakes showed up along a walking route as an indication of how many calories you would burn and they were criticised for fat shaming and removed it.

I suppose google finds it easier to placate these type of losers.
Well that's just a dumb feature regardless of "fat shaming" why put up an image of an empty carb-loaded dessert when discussing calorie burning? It's just something to tempt someone to get something sweet to eat.

Well that's just a dumb feature regardless of "fat shaming" why put up an image of an empty carb-loaded dessert when discussing calorie burning? It's just something to tempt someone to get something sweet to eat.
They were little cartoon cupcakes. It was a bit of fun. Sorry for living!

I've been to one strip club in my life.

and granted, the women were Fine AF...but I never understood the psychology of it.

personally, it's a waste of money. if you can't take them home, what's the point?
I don't actually like strip clubs either, but the joke presented itself and I couldn't look away.

I'm not sure why they are doing this, or what the point is

I mean, how would you guys react to a business advertising as "black or Hispanic or Asian run"?

The point is clear. They think that advertising as a women led business will lead to more business, because they think people will value it more, because progress! Reality is, at best the masses will just think "Run by a bunch of feminists? No thanks."

I mean, I'm sure some soy boys might care, but overall, it's just advertising politics, and that's never a good thing.

I ain't shopping anywhere unless it's transgender led.

fuc* you Cis-gender supremacist scum

I believe in humanity getting back to our relationship with nature. If I am going to buy products, let me buy them from Otherkin.

ot-ot-1.jpg

6cc8a5ca0b19d76e8234cf0ee7a18b38.gif

Back