Good websites to sign up/info about amateur boxing events?

Do you mean to fight amateur at these shows? Or to become a amateur boxer? orrrrrrrrrr to go watch these events?

If you want to fight amateur find a club train there and then ask if you can box for them and don't know how it works in the US but you are asked to get a medical form filled out

if you're from the uk warrior boxing is good

if you want to become an amateur boxer u will have to go to a local gym n start training there until the coach thinks you're ready mate

http://lbc33.com/

Has a up to date list of fights in Socal area.

VERY easy to find a boxing match out here. Show up early, bring 2 passport sized photos of yourself along with your birth certificate and pay the registration $60.

You can fight as "unattached" if you dont belong to a registered club.

Word to the wise, while it's very easy to sign up and get a match, amateur boxing in the Socal area is not for the unprepared.Boxing is taken hella serious(unlike ammy MMA) and if you aren't ready you will more likely then not end up KO'd or TKO'd at the least.

http://lbc33.com/

Has a up to date list of fights in Socal area.

VERY easy to find a boxing match out here. Show up early, bring 2 passport sized photos of yourself along with your birth certificate and pay the registration $60.

You can fight as "unattached" if you dont belong to a registered club.

Word to the wise, while it's very easy to sign up and get a match, amateur boxing in the Socal area is not for the unprepared.Boxing is taken hella serious(unlike ammy MMA) and if you aren't ready you will more likely then not end up KO'd or TKO'd at the least.

Thanks man.

I had a USA Boxing License in 2008 that I want to renew or get a new one.

Only problem or why I am asking around is because I am no longer affiliated with a gym. I would need to sign up for fights "unattached" as you have said.

With that said, my question is who will be in my corner or to set up my handwraps? Am I required to find a corner man to compete unattached?

Lastly, do I still need to renew my Amateur Boxing License if I just want to fight in exhibitions or smoker bouts (if you know any websites for these that would be great too!)

Thank you sir.

Another quick question sorry.

I lost my boxing license and I am planning on renewing it online at usaboxing.org for $55

Does the renewal mail me a new copy of my License to present? Or do I have to pay another fee for a replacement license apart from renewing the license?

TY

Thanks man.

I had a USA Boxing License in 2008 that I want to renew or get a new one.

Only problem or why I am asking around is because I am no longer affiliated with a gym. I would need to sign up for fights "unattached" as you have said.

With that said, my question is who will be in my corner or to set up my handwraps? Am I required to find a corner man to compete unattached?

Lastly, do I still need to renew my Amateur Boxing License if I just want to fight in exhibitions or smoker bouts (if you know any websites for these that would be great too!)

Thank you sir.

I have never done the online thing.I just have my fighters sign up at a USA boxing show.

Yes you would fight "unattached", but to be completely honest you would probably have no problems if you just came up with "Team ______" .At the weigh ins they ask what your gym or team name is and you just give them your team name.

What they WILL check however is your cornerman's licence. To have someone in your corner they have to be signed up as a "non athlete".Basically they just go and fill out an application at the weigh ins with the USA boxing officials and pay the annual fee $80.

As for the exhibitions and smoker question, no you do not need to be USA Boxing registered to compete in those type of events.
They are going on all the time, everywhere in Socal. To find smoker fights the best option is to go on Facebook and "like" and add to your friends as many MMA, Muay Thai and Boxing gyms in the Socal area. Trust me you will find fights happening almost every Friday,Saturday and even Sunday.
People now call smokers: Sparring exhibition, skills test, sparring night, sparring seminar, etc.

I have to say it one more time though: Do not show up without the proper amount of training and CARDIO. You can get seriously fucked up if you jump in the ring unprepared.

na if you're fighting in smoker bouts you need no affiliation. wouldn't bother doing them unless you know and trust the promoter running the show as they're unsanctioned and often pit pro boxers against novice (I know all about that, never again lol).

Back