Good video and argument against Affirmative Action

you fuckin asshole...so you believe that piece of shit but you don't believe the huffington post?

since when does the word of a guy from india mean so much to you? aint you scared he'd blow you up?

it's racist scumbags like you who want to CONTINUE RACISM AND INEQUALITY who are against affirmative action...the status quo suits you fine because if you had to compete with that black woman in the video for a job or any of the thousands of black people who benefited from affirmative action, your ignorant mediocre white ass would be unemployed and broke. racism is your savior...without it you wouldn't have shit, so you gotta hold onto that racism for dear life...you fuckin loser.
There it is. You could have just admitted you were racist scum to begin with and saved yourself several pages of looking stupid.

Your argument has fallen apart pretty badly here. Since according to you, Indian guys' word is useless and they just blow things up, and white people are ignorant and mediocre and can't compete with the "thousands of black people who benefited from affirmative action", why the fuck did they need the affirmative action in the first place, you goddamn retard? Holy shit, your fit of anger just blew up your own argument.

<{Heymansnicker}>

So how do they define who is best for the job? Also, what job are we talking about with regards to university acceptance?

Best man for the job?

You mean like open borders and mass immigration? Glad to know all you anti-affirmative action types are wildly hypocritical when you argue against affirmative action, while also being in favor of stagnating a country's talent pool by limiting the 'best man for the job' to lines drawn in the sand.

Best man for the job?

You mean like open borders and mass immigration? Glad to know all you anti-affirmative action types are wildly hypocritical when you argue against affirmative action, while also being in favor of stagnating a country's talent pool by limiting the 'best man for the job' to lines drawn in the sand.
Sorry, I guess I should have worded it differently for you "progressives".

The best legal citizen for the job.

Sorry, I guess I should have worded it differently for you "progressives".

The best legal citizen for the job.

So your argument based on 'best man for the job' is just pretense.

For the record, if there was affirmative action for poor people that are gifted. i.e. if there is someone from a single parent family, who is bright and gifted in a field, and there was a program to help them get an education/career ... I could probably get on board with that.

But, affirmative action just based on your skin color. Is wrong.

Literally every university has scholarships reserved for poor people who are talented. Government backed student loans are for people who are smart enough to get into college but can’t afford it.

Why is when discussions about Affirmative action the first race mentioned are African Americans especially when blacks aren't by far the only people who benefit from Affirmative Action? What about Asians, Arabs, White Women, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders ect? Is it people just just don't care or is it people have no fuc*ing idea how Affirmative action works and who benefits from Affirmative Action?

it's never been the case that all blacks are poor and that all members of the white community have the same amount of privilege. but what is true is that blacks have historically been denied opportunity in every aspect of society and whites, even the poorest whites have always had more opportunity than blacks.

as i said, all affirmative action does is provide opportunities for black people that have historically been denied...believe it or not, that is of tremendous help to us. it means we have a chance!...but believe me, i understand white resentment, because affirmative action means more competition for the majority of whites who are accustomed to not having to struggle and suffer for lack of employment.

but c'mon, dude, there's STILL schools and other organizations in america that deny blacks admission even today.

Alot of Caucasians still don't actually know what white privilege means . SMH lol.

Affirmative action is a good thing because African American culture is really bad and Asian American culture is really good. There needs to be a balance between the two.
Asians also benefit from Affirmative Action in many areas including hiring in corporate America rocket scientist.

I agree with a lot of what you have said in this thread (except when you got all crazy lol), but you are fighting a losing battle as there are a good amount of people that truly believe racism/discrimination died with the Jim Crow laws

1. Jim Crow died fifty years ago. Are we supposed to act like nothing has happened in the interim?

2. If you want to favor one race, you have to disfavor another race. And that breeds racial grievances. Look at the case against Harvard, where to make room for more minority students they systematically scored Asians less likable.

"Harvard consistently rated Asian-American applicants lower than any other race on personal traits like “positive personality,” likability, courage, kindness and being “widely respected,” according to an analysis of more than 160,000 student records filed Friday in federal court in Boston by a group representing Asian-American students in a lawsuit against the university." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/us/harvard-asian-enrollment-applicants.html

Right but there's even less African American scientists. People with black skin really need some kind of a leg up against people with a yellow skin tone. +500 SAT points sounds about right against those "people" with a yellow tint on their skin. 50 years ago that shit was called Jim Crow. Now, it's called affirmative action.
Those people with yellow skins as

Right but there's even less African American scientists. People with black skin really need some kind of a leg up against people with a yellow skin tone. +500 SAT points sounds about right against those "people" with a yellow tint on their skin. 50 years ago that shit was called Jim Crow. Now, it's called affirmative action.
Asians are actually over represented in certain Affirmative action programs which you do not seem to know. This discussion seems way above your pay grade so you might want to spend your time commenting on something else.

Btw the biggest individual beneficiary of Affirmative Action is actually I believe a Portuguese company.

It has, but are we supposed to act like slavery, followed by societal norms of oppression ending with Jim Crow as "recent" as 50 years ago did not have a massive contribution to the current standing of the black communities as a whole? Is there any example of a community in history that was Mass oppressed within their resident country for hundreds and hundreds of years, and became equal to the #1 community 50 years later?

No doubt the history of African slavery in America has impacted the black community. That's not an immediate justification for using racial discrimination to help that community advance, although I understand the notion and support it in limited instances. I also reject the use of that history as a blanket excuse to cover any failings or shortcomings of the black community.

A huge question is whether affirmative action helps or hurt the community it is designed to help. It is precisely in those fields where affirmative action is essentially impossible, athletics, entertainment, music, etc where blacks have excelled and it is precisely in those fields where blacks are "helped" that they lag behind. I sympathize with the view that affirmative action, like other kinds of "help" the black community receives, are paternalistic in nature and often unintentionally hurt the independence and self-reliance of those who receive such aid.

In my opinion, the plight of impoverished urban blacks is one of the biggest problems America is facing today. Not because African-Americans are problems to be solved, but in the sense that we are missing out on so much as a country. So much talent and potential is wasted. So many lives cut short or blighted. If affirmative action can be a constructive way to tap into that and help black America flourish, then I'm for it. But it hasn't seemed to have that effect at all.

Yes. The agrarian South was backwards economically because slavery is a piss poor economic system. But slaves undercut untrained labor, so poor whites in the South did not benefit economically from slavery. If anything, it hurt them economically.

In the North, there was far greater commercial and industrial expansion due to free (or semi-free) labor.

False. Obviously the blacks in Africa who sold most of the slaves benefited from the sale of those slaves to traders heading for the Americas. And very few but more than zero, blacks in the Americas owned slaves.
You're wrong. Researchers find that poor whites SHOULD have opposed slavery because it represented competition for jobs and kept them in poverty...but in fact, they supported it because the benefit they got in terms of white privilege was of principal value to them: “Treason to the white race, in fact, is in the interest of the vast majority of people classified as white. This should not be taken to mean that the privileges granted to white people by white supremacy are not real—they are all too real, and many white people enthusiastically participate in white supremacy to preserve these privileges. However, for the white people who are not owners of capital, white privilege is a poisoned bait.” so, poor whites back then, as today, worked against their own best interest because they felt the wealth slavery brought to america would trickle down to them and keep them a class above black slaves.

and as far as blacks owning slaves, it's a well-known fact that the vast majority of cases involved free or escaped blacks who bought FAMILY MEMBERS such as wives or husbands...for the purpose of FREEING THEM...some bought slaves just because they wanted to free them or have them live as free people...and when the law was passed saying they couldn't free their "slaves" those "slaves" remained "slaves" in name only. There were a few misguided creoles (mixed race) blacks from louisiana who owned slaves, but by 1860, there were NO BLACK slaveowners left, so there was zero net benefit from blacks owning slaves.

and we're not talking about africa now...that's a different conversation...we're talking about slavery as relates to affirmative action in AMERICA...

Last edited:
What would be the point of Affirmative Action enrollment policies if there was no need to tip the scales in favor of people of color?

AA is like the social version of golf handicapping. I just think its proponents need to be honest about that.
i see it more as a case of running a marathon with all the black competitors legs being tied to a ball and chain for the first 13 miles....by that time, those competitors are hopelessly far behind. the group without the ball and chain are probably at the 20 mile mark.

Then, the decision is made to remove the balls and chains, but also to make the race fair by shortening the distance for the black competitors who were dealing with the hindrance to begin with....so instead of running the entire 26 miles, the ball and chain group only have to run 20 miles.

I don't see that as favoring either group...i see it as correcting the inequity that existed to begin with.

however, the non-ball and chain group would be expected to say "why should they have to run a shorter distance to the finish line? why are they getting special treatment? that's discriminating against me. i got here to mile 20 on my own without any help. I would be offended if somebody said i needed help make it the full distance...they should be too. it's not fair to me."

Last edited:
I would say then, if the many years of oppression are not the direct cause of the African American community lagging far behind, what is? It seems clear that you can't oppress a group of people for hundreds of years, then expect them to be on true equal footing 50 years later. Way way too soon post-damage. They haven't had nearly enough time to build a foundation as a full community to have the knowledge, mentality, and resources for that. Grab an African American millienial and nearly all of their grandparents couldn't have the highly regarded careers like the docs, the lawyers, the etc of their time to build/raise their families on unless they were some athlete or musician. The teachings in the household and culture based from those experiences to their kids, who were passing down to our generation. It reads like forever ago, but it's fairly recent in damage effect. Multi generations behind the curve as a whole.

However, I'm probably even more against most affirmative action for similar reasons. While I do feel strongly about the detrimental effect long term oppression has had, I personally feel affirmative action is a tool of oppression indirectly. It reinforces the idea of inferiority, and makes a statement rewarding lesser value. It discriminates against other races to reward one race, which is the exact argument receivers of AA argue "for" it. It's counterproductive, only making people weaker by expecting preferrential treatment for sins of the past that wasn't even committed by anyone they encounter. Instead, you would need a community to shun AA in unity to state that they won't need it because they will Excel to the top without it. With that new mentality it would be just that, not needing it.

On the other side, it makes other races take offense and rightfully say, "why should I miss an opportunity because we have to fill a quota, but I'm more qualified?". In today's day and age AA is unneeded, because current racism is still alive today, but not strong enough to justify AA. There are all the tools available in 2018 for any one of any race to succeed, succeed massively, without any assistance at all. For an African American example, you can go to the worst school with the worst parents, but avoid bad influences, make the right choices, study, go away to college with financial aid, and be a huge success the rest of your life. AA coming in holding your hand is a crutch, setting people back each time it rears its ugly head.

*Good post btw
can you explain why you feel affirmative action reinforces the idea of inferiority?...take, for example, a black student who got into a school like harvard on an affirmative action benefit, then that student proceeded to graduate from harvard....how is that student inferior? is it because the student's scores getting into harvard were lower than a given white student's? if that's the case, that the black student got into harvard with lower scores than a white or asian student but still graduated, does that tell you about the student or about the PK-12 educational system that the black student came out of? because to me, it says the PK-12 educational system was failing him all along...after all, he overcame lower scores than white students and eventually GRADUATED from an ivy league school! that's one thing i wish somebody would explain to me...it's like you're saying it doesn't matter what the outcome is...what you object to is the process...but what about when the outcome justifies the process?! how many white students flunk out of ivy league schools...does that mean they should not have been admitted? i just don't follow the logic of your argument.

secondly , what you said about 2018 also applied in 1958...hell, even in 1938!...we had black doctors, successful businessmen and lawyers back then! these were not always people from the best backgrounds either. a lot of them were self-made men. so, to say "things are easier today" doesn't mean anything...if you don't know how to swim, it doesn't matter if i take you from a pool that's 20 feet deep and move you to a shallower pool that's 10 feet deep ...you're STILL gonna drown,because you don't have the skill to survive in that depth of water! my point is, things might be better today, but if you look at the stats, it's still not good.

Back