Good protection for knuckles? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Vicious91, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Carl stanley White Belt

Carl stanley
    What do you mean by this

2. deh707 Orange Belt

deh707
    Winning NG2 gel knuckle guards

3. AusTosh White Belt

AusTosh
    Hey you're probably still in the phase of conditioning your knuckles or learning how to punch properly. I presume you're still starting out? Everyone goes through a similar phase at the start man. probably just a matter of wearing thicker gloves until your knuckles heal up as you've probably got a few microfractures there which is hurting when you apply pressure on the knuckle. even after a year of training a while back (and mind you I train in shinkyokushin karate which is a martial art based on bare knuckle fighting lol) i'd still get the occasion knuckle pain when sparring and hitting bones, then training everyday with the pain, hitting heavy bags with no gloves on etc. nowadays the only finger i hurt myself post tournies is my thumb, probably from all the bare thumb knuckle or joint to elbow impacts

hangulmalmotayo likes this.
  4. Kick_@ss_Seabass Orange Belt

Kick_@ss_Seabass
    I use to have sharp pain in my knuckles when making a fist. I found out it was the way I was wrapping my hands, especially how the wrap was going between my fingers. It was making too much pressure between my knuckles and that was the cause of it.

IMO play with different wrapping methods first.

5. magicrat Yellow Belt

magicrat
    If I were you I would just buy a bunch of gauze it's cheap...... wrap your hands with regular Mexican style hand wraps and make yourself a gauze pad over your knuckles.... just a wrap over it like usually would and see how that works for you

Avin1973 likes this.
  6. Avin1973 Yellow Belt

Avin1973
    At least when the thread started in 2012... ;)

AusTosh and RDL81 like this.