good no gi back control

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
something i really need to work on is my back control i never really took the back much after blue because people had good defense and id get bored fighting and carrying the person weight around so id usually bail into kob or side from the back its something i really need to use to get better with

i know how to play the back but maybe some tiny key details i could find from someone that could help me better with it

everyone usually points towards marcelo for his back game

for no gi what good dvds or youtube series do you like? I wish the forum here had a sticky that had a great reference for each position to go back and watch from time to time.

i don't know if you'll find this useful since we haven't seen what your game looks like:

space is the friend of the defender in BJJ, and the enemy of the aggressor.

a lot of people will get mount or back control, have everything in the right position, but forget to eliminate space with their squeeze/presh.

high mount isn't just about having your gooch on their sternum and your knees in their pits, you gotta have your knees squeezed to their body and your feet pushing on their ass.

from the back, it's not just about having your legs AROUND them, but controlling them. you gotta squeeze your knees together, keep your crotch in their back, and actively pull your heels towards your ass. when you're applying seatbelt, you've gotta have your elbows down and your chest forward. paste as much of your body onto their back as you can. they shouldn't have room to breathe, let alone turn.

Back