Good musician covering a peer's song

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
What are some good ones?

I was thinking about this when I heard L'arc en Ciel's hyde covering Careless Whisper and saw iTunes has a really shitty L'arc en Ciel Tribute album where famous Americans covered a bunch of their better songs. iTunes also had Bono covering some Beatles songs.

Six Feet Under - Graveyard Classics 2

I love Dantalions cover of Katatonia's "Murder"

It's rare when the cover is better than the original both are classics though imo.

I love Dantalions cover of Katatonia's "Murder"

It's rare when the cover is better than the original both are classics though imo.

Katatonia did a good cover of Jeff Buckley's Nightmares By The Sea.

^^^ speaking of Jeff Buckley...

What are some good ones?

I was thinking about this when I heard L'arc en Ciel's hyde covering Careless Whisper and saw iTunes has a really shitty L'arc en Ciel Tribute album where famous Americans covered a bunch of their better songs. iTunes also had Bono covering some Beatles songs.

This Larc guy looks like an anime protagonist. I bet he has plastic surgery to make his eyes bigger.

I think Sabaton and Amon Amarth are good buddies. They both from Sweden.

Metallica covering Diamond Head stuff. After discovering Diamond Head from those guys I started to prefer the originals. Though Am I Evil is awesome by both.

But how lucky was Metallica though? Lars had all this NWOBHM stuff, the songs were there, they new what to play and pulled it off as their own shit early on. They're a great band no matter what but it's no wonder why they shot off like a rocket.

Recently saw Glay covered With or Without You and Don't Look Back In Anger... in broken Engrish. Not bad.

Back