Good modern westerns?

check the fuck out of Westworld

Seraphim falls

seraphim-falls.19058.jpg

Bone Tomahawk

BONE-TOMAHAWK_THEATRICAL_HIC.jpg

Considering he listed Justified and Longmire as his examples, I'd say it was pretty well obvious.

To those of us who can read.

floyd-mayweather-reading-cat-in-the-hat-e1408855984526.jpg
I was so fucking confused I've not seen either of those shows, I just assumed the obvious and thought Op meant stuff made recently.

Tommy Lee Jones's The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada is one of the best modern westerns you'll see. It's a damn shame it's not more popular.

I've heard good things about this one. Guess I need to check it out.

BTW, it looks like the trailer you linked to loses the audio in the back half.

I liked:

Appaloosa (sue me)
The 3:10 to Yuma remake (suck my taint)
Does Unforgiven count?
Bone Tomahawk

That one with Kevin Costner and Duvall. Can't remember the name but they kill the dude that plays Tig on Sons of Anarchy at the beginning of the final gun battle.

Open Range that's the one

As a gun owner my biggest gripe about just about every western I see is apparently 6 shooters and Winchester lever guns that hold 6 and like at most 9 bullets respectively have 30 round rotating magazines back then.

And I've seen it spelled Conor McGregor & Connor MacGreggor

Only one is correct though

That sounds like a description of Westworld or something.

How about we just talk about modern westerns & recent westerns

After googling "modern western", it seems the consensus does not agree with your opinion.

Wind-River-New-Film-Poster.jpg

From the guy who wrote Hell or High Water and Sicario.

Is Tombstone modern? Anyway, I just saw the 2009 remake of True Grit recently. It was excellent. I've never actually seen the original because John Wayne is a piece of shit as I documented in the John Wayne thread earlier today.

It's a decent movie. It's not amazing but if you like Westerns it's worth a watch.

I'd say it's above decent. It's a very good film and one of the best Westerns of this millennium. 8/10.

I'd take it over films like Appaloosa, The Homesman and 3:10 to Yuma.

Back