Good Food

The weather is getting nippy, time to commence crock pot swag

Brats, Kraut, Potatoes, & Beer

Pre-boil 8 brats.

Throw them in a crock pot with 32 oz sauerkraut(drained), 1 sliced onion(I used red onion), 8 quartered red potatoes, 2 bottles of beer(I used IPA), and ground black pepper to taste.

Turn the crock pot on low, walk away for at least 8 hours.

tumblr_lt80gbaIUD1qzfrcco1_500.jpg

So good, so easy. I like to put a little horseradish mustard on the brats.

Slow-Roasted Pork Shoulder

I chopped 2 red onions and 3 bell peppers (one red, one orange, one yellow), mixed them together and then used 3/4 of the pepper/onion mixture to line the bottom of the crock pot. I also poured half of a can of chopped tomatoes on the pepper/onion bed.

I then rubbed all sides of a thawed 5 lb. pork shoulder with a mixture of oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin. With some difficulty I eventually got the whole shoulder to fit in the crock pot on top of the vegetable bed.

Finally, I poured the rest of the chopped onion and pepper on top of the shoulder along with the rest of the can of chopped tomatoes.

Turn crock pot on low, walk away for 8 hours.

After 8 hours I removed the bone from the shoulder, shredded the meat and put it back in the crock pot for half an hour. I also added ground black pepper when I put the meat back in the pot.

This is the most delicious thing I've ever made in a crock pot. So easy, so tasty.

tumblr_lt87xqoKoF1qzfrcco1_500.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

Awesome thread.

Thanks

Pot Roast

Take a large, boneless chuck roast and rub salt, pepper, and oregano into it.

Brown it on both sides over medium high heat in olive oil, don't move the roast while it's browning.

Chop a large yellow onion and put it on the bottom of a crock pot with a handful of peeled garlic cloves.

Put the browned roast on top of the onion, and pour close to a cup of merlot on top of it.

Throw some baby carrots and a few pieces of chopped celery on top of the roast, turn the crock pot on low, and walk away for at least 5 hours.

Eat enough pot roast and you'll be able to do this when you're old...
walter.jpg

Chicken Bone Broth

On day 1 I purchased a rotisserie chicken for an after school snack and ate all the meat but kept the bones.

One day 2 I bought another rotisserie chicken and ate most of the meat, but not all of it.

I then broke up the chicken skeleton from day 1 and added the lightly meaty chicken carcass from day 2 to the crockpot with some spices and enough water to cover the chicken and turned it on high.

Once the water got very hot I turned it on low and let it run overnight. In the morning I added a little more water and kept it on low, the crock pot was on for a total of about 24 hours.

Finally I strained out the bones and added the meat from the chicken from day 2 back to the broth and now I'm eating it. It tastes good.

Bone broth is also really good for you, don't waste your bones people of the internet.

tumblr_lz01h5MO441qjfuudo1_500.jpg

bone broth will contain: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulfur, flouride, sodium, potassium, chondrotin sulfate, keratin sulfate, hyaluronic acid, collagen (gelatin), elastin, osteocytes and chondrocytes. Each of these lend a healing property for different ailments, from digestive disorders to general fatigue. Over 75 conditions are benefited from bone broth:

7890226_orig.jpg

OMIGOSH!!!!! I just made my favorite meal to eat/make and I realized I've never included it in this log despite the fact that I make it all the fucking time.

Thai Ground Beef

Brown a pound of ground beef in a wok with sesame oil over medium heat.

Add in julienned carrots.

Add a half head of cabbage (sliced) and a small sliced red onion.

Mix it all around for a while until the veggies get soft.

Add a few squirts of soy sauce, sriracha, and a few hearty spoonfuls of natural peanut butter, mix it all up and stand back and look at the glorious mass of deliciousness you have created.

I love making this, I love eating it, I make it all the time. It probably isn't technically "Thai" but I call it that to feel semi-ethnic.

I don't even know what a Thai woman looks like but I feel like this picture is at least close.
Beautiful-Thai-girls-11.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs

First, wrap hot dogs in bacon.

2010-11-19-bacon-cheese-dogs3-500.jpg

I used Applegate Farms Super Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dogs and thick bacon from the farmer's market.

bacon-chonies.jpg

Put tooth picks in them and cut into whatever size slices you want, I just did halves.

Put them in the oven in a cast iron skillet at 350 for 15 minutes and then under the broiler until they're your desired amount of doneness.

girls_with_hot_dogs_10.jpg

Enjoy with your favorite horseradish/spicy brown mustard type condiment

Beyond Easy Pulled Pork

I took a 3.5 lb pork shoulder and dry rubbed it with chili power, cumin, black pepper, and celery salt and then let it sit in the fridge over night.

The next morning I sliced two large yellow onions and put a bed of onions on the bottom the crock pot, put the pork should on that, and then put the rest of the sliced onions on top. That's right, no liquid.

I ran the crock pot on high for 6 hours, and then put it on low and cooked it for 5 more hours.

Came home, pulled the bone out, the roast was literally falling apart and easy to shred. I mixed it up and threw some Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on it because it was on sale.

I ate it with some cole slaw and potato salad. So easy, so good.

pulled-pork.jpg

552e6191e3fe78bdb6167d31dbe57db5.jpg

Last edited:
Kielbasa and Kraut

Put about 2 lbs. of sauerkraut in a crock pot (including the juice)

Mix in half a head of red cabbage (Shredded)

Cut the about 1.5 to 2 lbs of kielbasa into 1/2 inch or 1 inch pieces and arrange them on top of the cabbage and kraut mixture like so.

kielbasa_precookedpot_web.jpg

Turn the crockpot on low and walk away for 5 hours.

This recipe is great, only requires 5 minutes of prep and the end result is so good it doesn't need any condiments but I ate it with mustard anyway because I love mustard

Bye.

Hot_Freckles_6-465x548.jpg

Kheema

In a large pot over medium heat crumble two pounds of ground meat. (I used beef, lamb would be good too)

Drain cooked meat to a colander and use the fat to saut

Aloo Gobi

Place a large pot over medium heat with some fat and 4 cloves of minced garlic to saut

Eggplant Pizzas

Preheat oven to 425 and slice an eggplant. Brush each side of the slices with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.

Place the slices on a cooling rack on a baking sheet and bake until they are softened and a little brown (around 7 minutes)

Spoon tomato sauce on the slices and add cheese and toppings. (I used sausage, mushroom, and jalape

Smothered Liver

Saute a large onion in a skillet and then set aside.

Take a pound of liver and slice into bite sized pieces (I used goat liver).

In a shallow dish mix together some coconut flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the liver in the mixture and place in a hot skillet with some cooking fat. Brown on both sides and then add the previously mentioned saut

Braunschweiger Burgers

Mix together ground beef and braunschweiger about 50/50, but a little more ground beef. Find a consistency that feels good in your hand.

Add in Cumin, Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder and whatever spices tickle your fancy.

Form into burgers. Cook using your preferred method (I used cast iron skillet + coconut oil)

Melt cheese on top if you're kinky like that. Eat.

Not only is this an easy way to incorporate offal into your diet, it makes for a delightfully creamy burger.

tumblr_m83vkkQkii1qc0cxpo1_500.jpg

Sweet Potato Fries

Preheat oven to 400.

Take a sweet potato or two and cut them into fries

Coat baking sheet with coconut oil.

Put fries on aforementioned baking sheet.

Put more coconut oil on top and sprinkle salt on top.

Cook at 400 for 12 minutes

Take them out and flip them, turn oven up to 500 and add more coconut oil and salt.

Cook them at 500 for 12 minutes.

Eat.

100_2080.jpg

Back