Good Food

Stewed Talapia

Set heat on stove top to medium high. Coat the bottom of a pan with EVOO. Add diced green onions and saut

Hot Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions

Heat EVOO on medium heat in a large pan that has a lid. When the oil is hot add 4 Italian sausages and brown on all sides. When you're happy with how they look set them aside.

Increase the heat to high and add 3 sliced bell peppers of different colors and one sliced onion. Saut

Haven't posted in a while because it was summer and I was busy doing summer shit.

artworks-000008838212-hmjtxq-original.png

However, I've been sitting in the law library all weekend and eventually started perusing the internet for interesting recipes to try.

Of all the paleo recipe blogs I follow, and there are now quite a few of them, a somewhat ubiquetous novelty is the meatza. Never before today have I attempted it, and I'm not exactly sure why. I've recently tired of eating salads and omelets all the time and in my internet searches for a paleo comfort food I decided to see what all the meatza hype was about.

Meatza

I started by combining a little under a pound each of ground pork and ground beef in a mixing bowl with one egg and some salt, pepper, and a little cumin.

In a brownie tray I spread the mixture out thinly and evenly and molded a bit of a crust around the ridges with my hands.

The oven was preheated to 400 degrees and I cooked the meat crust for 15 minutes.

In the oven the crust will shrink and a lot of grease will be pooling in and around it. I set the crust aside and poured the grease in a skillet with some sliced onion, jalepenos, and mushrooms and saut

Last edited:
Lime and Cumin Crusted Mahi Mahi

I bought a bag of frozen mahi mahi from costco a few weeks ago and decided it was time to start using it. I barely ever cook fish but this turned out well.

In a bowl mix 1 ts Onion powder, 1 ts Cinnamon, 1/4 C Olive oil, 1 Tb Cracked black pepper, 1 ts Salt, 2 Tb cumin, 1 Tb Garlic powder, a little horseradish mustard, and the juice from one lime.

Mix all that up and it will make a paste.

I put the 2 filets on a cookie sheet and smeared the paste on top and then put it under the broiler for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes I pulled them out, flipped them with a spatula, and smeared the rest of the paste on the other side and put them back under the broiler for 5 more minutes and that's all there is to it.

2152954980_d3706c4709.jpg

I ate the filets over a spinach salad. This was one of the better fast-breaking meals I've made, except I wasn't able to wait til they were done to eat when I got home from the gym so I snacked on various nuts and a can of tuna til this was done. The lime and cumin really worked well with the fish, I'm definitely making this again sometime.

I've got lots of mahi mahi left so I'll probably try to make some type of stew with some of them or grill them.

Chicken, Bacon, Sweet Potato Hash

Cook half a pound of bacon in a pan until the fat renders.

Add one large thinly sliced sweet potato, 2 sliced onions, and 1 chopped clove of garlic to the fat and cook until the potato and onion get soft.

Add the shredded meat of one rotisserie chicken, a large handful of spinach, and the bacon from before chopped up to the sweet potato, onion, and garlic.

Cook it all until the spinach is cooked and the chicken is hot. Season with salt and pepper. This meal was fucking delicious. Definitely will make again.

I'm looking to incorporate more sweet potatoes/yams/kumara into my diet, all suggestions are welcome.

Raquel_Welch%2520(123)+FUR+BIKINI+H-G+SPEAR.jpg

Last edited:
Large double decondence pepperoni from dominoes, bbq chicken wings, mini garlic cheese pizza. 3 tubs of ben n jerrys.(Fossil fuel, half baked, phish food),peanut m'ms(to swirl inside the ice cream. pure pineapple juice.

That's motherfuckin good food, that's my cheat day menu.

Large double decondence pepperoni from dominoes, bbq chicken wings, mini garlic cheese pizza. 3 tubs of ben n jerrys.(Fossil fuel, half baked, phish food),peanut m'ms(to swirl inside the ice cream. pure pineapple juice.

That's motherfuckin good food, that's my cheat day menu.

Dominos is shit. Moving on...

Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chop

Got the Weber Grill ready to rock and lamb chops were on sale at the store. Never a bad sunday with meat on the grill and football on TV.

Dry the chops with paper towels and generously sprinkle S&P on both sides.

When the fire has died down and the coals are hot, place chops on the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they are well seared.

When the chops are done remove them from the grill and let them rest a few minutes.

While they are resting, combine olive oil, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl.

Spoon this mixture over the chops and squeeze a little lemon juice on top. Shoulder chops are extremely economical, mine were half a pound each and cost about $4 a piece even though they were pastured, organic, blah blah blah not a bad meal.

180px-Sharilewis%26lambchop.jpg

Dominos is shit. Moving on...

Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chop

Got the Weber Grill ready to rock and lamb chops were on sale at the store. Never a bad sunday with meat on the grill and football on TV.

Dry the chops with paper towels and generously sprinkle S&P on both sides.

When the fire has died down and the coals are hot, place chops on the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they are well seared.

When the chops are done remove them from the grill and let them rest a few minutes.

While they are resting, combine olive oil, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl.

Spoon this mixture over the chops and squeeze a little lemon juice on top. Shoulder chops are extremely economical, mine were half a pound each and cost about $4 a piece even though they were pastured, organic, blah blah blah not a bad meal.

180px-Sharilewis%26lambchop.jpg

I'd rather have dominoes over that any day, moving on...

Grilled Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter and Baked Yams

Heat oven to 400 degrees and make fire in grill.

Puncture the yams with the tines of a fork and put them in the oven for 45 minutes.

Sprinkle both sides of each steak with S&P.

Grill steaks for about 4 minutes per side. While that is going on melt butter in a small sauce pan with garlic powder and minced garlic.

When the yams are done make a slit in the top of each and pour some of the garlic butter on top, season with S&P

When steaks are done brush the tops with the garlic butter and allow them to sit a few minutes before serving.

7ecb255008265c6f1d5f54ee86716a7a.jpg

Chicken Roll-ups

These are a good snack that can easily be taken on the road and eaten on the go.

Take some sliced chicken deli meat and spread guacamole on the slices of meat. I then added a little sriracha and a few pieces of string cheese on top of the guacamole and rolled them up like little burritos.

Not much of a recipe but an easy snack.

Av_it_large_____Em__376822a.jpg

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Mashed-Sweet-Potatoes-5.jpg

Peel 5 large sweet potatoes and chop them into cubes.

Put the cubes in a large pot filled with water and bring to a boil.

Boil for about 20 minutes, or until soft.

Drain the water out of the potatoes, then put them in a large bowl and mash them.

While mashing add a half cup of coconut milk, and a little pure maple syrup.

Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste.

FACT: Eat enough sweet potatoes and you will become a maori warrior.

maoriwarrior.jpg

Paleo Hamburger Helper

I browned 1.5 lbs of ground beef in a large skillet with one chopped onion.

Once the meat was brown I added 2 large chopped yams

Right after adding the yams I added a cup of coconut milk and a bastardized version of garam masala (ground pepper, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, turmeric, chili powder) and put a cover on the skillet, allowing the whole mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.

tumblr_lbbm5e3Dgo1qzt9lko1_500.gif

This would have probably been good with some chopped carrot or squash but I simply made this by throwing what I hand in a skillet.

Salmon Pancake

In a mixing bowl, combine one can of salmon, 2 eggs, some sriracha, a little mustard, and spices of your choosing (I used chili powered, salt, pepper, celery salt, cumin, and a little cinnamon.) Remove as many of the bones as possible in the salmon.

Melt some fat in a skillet and form the salmon mixture into 1/2 inch pancakes, cooking them for 5 minutes on each side.

Some additional sriracha can serve as the syrup for these pancakes.

sexy-girl-cooking.jpg

I don't have many good uses for canned salmon but this recipe works really well.

Chicken Avocado Stir-Fry

Heat oil in a wok, add sliced carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and a few jalepenos.

I then added shredded chicken thighs that I had precooked and some spices.

Before it was almost done I added a few pieces of chopped kale leftover from the farmer's market and 2 avocados, peeled and diced.

At the very end I added a little coconut milk and some soy sauce.

My roommate asked me if I was making Chinese food but I would say this is ethnically neutral.

Speaking of Chinese, they're sort of underrepresented here so far...

tumblr_krx0hxjzAk1qzcowy.jpg

This dish was born because my cabinet is inundated with avocados since they were 2 for a dollar at the grocery store last week. The little bit of coconut milk added at the end was unplanned but the 2 jalepenos I stir fried with the other vegetables were much spicier than I anticipated.

Back