Good Eats Recipe Thread

We do That with skewers for get togethers i can concurr they rule.

If you guys never tried pho you should look it up. It's the best noodle soup I've ever had. We don't have many Asian places near me that aren't generic Chinese garbage. But I found these Vietnamese restaurant and tried the soup and it blew me away. I'm not a soup guy either. Also, Vietnamese sandwiches are the shit. Best chicken sandwich I had in my life. Shredded carrots go surprisingly well on grilled chicken. I've concluded Asia has the best cooking. I've tried fancy French soups and just wasn't impressed. Pho is where it's at.

She uses beef but chicken tastes incredible too. Pho is incredible. Watching Asians eat it was an experience in itself. They would slurp the hell out of the broth when eating. So obnoxiously loud. But there way was better, I copied how they ate it lol, just not so loud.

The broth takes time to make, but the actual soup takes like 3 minutes to reheat and prepare. I actually made the recipe I linked and it was amazing

i don't know why i find this reply so funny. i didn't think there was anyone left in the world that hasn't had pho by now. same with vietnamese sandwiches.

you mentioned there aren't any asian places around you, where do you live?

also, the slurping is a totally normal thing when eating pho. it is not seen as rude in our culture.

i don't know why i find this reply so funny. i didn't think there was anyone left in the world that hasn't had pho by now. same with vietnamese sandwiches.

you mentioned there aren't any asian places around you, where do you live?

also, the slurping is a totally normal thing when eating pho. it is not seen as rude in our culture.

Central Wisconsin.

And yea apparently not.

There is only one Vietnamese place, I think hmongs run it. The rest are generic American Chinese places. I don't speak for all Wisconsin, just what I've seen, eaten at.

Have not had pho. Dont intend to....

You're missing out man! It's fucking delicious. A winter staple for me.
I cant stand the smell of the pho place by my house it reminds me of burnt mr noodles lol and to make a long story short, outside of asians the place is populated by lots of hipsters who think pho is like mana for the jews.
Now sashimi bbq eel on the other hand...i will devour 20 of those. And then pad thai. I wish i could find a place that serves yak.

I'm finding myself eating this one a lot recently, especially for lunch:

Cly_ltoXEAAMjGH.jpg

It's not my photo of my food but couldn't be arsed to photo my own meal!
Mine looks nicer and is easier to eat with the bacon and eggs sitting directly on top.

Get two eggs in for a soft boil: 6-7 minutes
Get a rasher or two of bacon under the grill
Whilst they're cooking:
Finely chop a spring onion and 1/4 of a red pepper
Finely chop as much of a chilli as you like
Mash up an avocado
Mix up all the veg plus a big squirt of lemon juice, salt and pepper
Peel the cooked eggs and half
Spread the green mix over a couple of rye crispbreads and then top with the bacon and eggs
Grind some black pepper over the lot and a touch of salt for the eggs.

Relatively low in carbs, high in protein, good fat profile and very high in flavour and satisfaction rating. Whole thing takes 10 mins or less I find.

Real carbonara.

Palm full of salt in a boiling pot of water.
Take index finger and thumb tip and form a circle. This much fettucini or spaghetti pasta for one. For two people, double it.

Or use zuchini noodles if cutting carbs.

Ze sauce for one, double for two.
1/8 or 1/4 palm of pepper.
3 egg yolks.
Romano (palm full of finely grated)
Fork the shit out of this until its pasty.

Guanciale or pancetta.
Cut up and fry, once done keep on the element and add the cooked pasta overtop.
Toss in the sauce and toss it all thoroughly.

Do not keep the element on when mixing. You do not want the egg to coagulate and scramble. This is a timing thing so be quick to serve, it is not leftovers.

If you use alfredo sauce or garlic you are a fucking stunad

Central Wisconsin.

Owned. LOL. An I'm guessing by "central Wisconsin" you don't mean Madison.

I bet you could do a brat and beer Pho there and make a lot of money.

IMO, fuck the Pho 'cause you have frozen custard. Frozen custard > Pho.

Back