Good and bad news on new TOOL album (October 2016)

Just remembered I saw Tool live in Roskilde in 2006, apropos the last time they released an album. Christ that's a long time ago. Seems like an earlier life, a different era.
Spot on and looking forward to the fifth journey. #tool2017

Did they have a sizeable visual component to accompany their performance at Roskilde or was it more Undertow-era?

Spot on and looking forward to the fifth journey. #tool2017

Did they have a sizeable visual component to accompany their performance at Roskilde or was it more Undertow-era?

Don't really remember, to be honest. I think they had some sort of video screen, and lasers, but mostly I just remember the visuals as being the standard fare for outdoor venues of that size. I wouldn't say lacklustre, but nothing that's stuck in my memory*. I imagine their indoor shows are more impressive.

*Also, I was drunk off my ass.

Saw them at aftershock festival a few weeks ago...third time..amazing.

The wait has been frustrating but its not like they be at it for 10 years. So i doubt it has anything to with ideas more so than finding the time, their process minus maynard, different artistic pursuits of different artists, with different lives, with families in different locations. I appreciate their standards and its good they dont have a label rushing them to a sub par release

Just remembered I saw Tool live in Roskilde in 2006, apropos the last time they released an album. Christ that's a long time ago. Seems like an earlier life, a different era.

That was a sweet koncert. Awesome festival and weather that year.

Don't really remember, to be honest. I think they had some sort of video screen, and lasers, but mostly I just remember the visuals as being the standard fare for outdoor venues of that size. I wouldn't say lacklustre, but nothing that's stuck in my memory*. I imagine their indoor shows are more impressive.

*Also, I was drunk off my ass.

There was something like 120 flatscreens set up at Orange for the Tool show.

There was something like 120 flatscreens set up at Orange for the Tool show.

At the outside show in Sacramento I saw Tool at in October...I didn't think they were going to use screens. In fact...they played the first 25 minutes or so of the show under purple lights and it was different...then a couple screens appeared...then a couple more...then 10 more and almost without noticing it had become an even bigger visual show then the other times I saw Tool indoors...except maybe less seizure inducing lights but definitely the most screens.

Back