Good and Affordable BJJ school in San Diego?

ColorPurps

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am a white belt. Barely started doing GI after months of doing No-Gi and I feel like I am not getting the best instruction.

Might compete one day, but who knows. I would love to join a legit school.

Since you're in San Diego, why not go to Alliance? it's a world class gym with several UFC fighters that train there. Idk what the pricing is and all, but that's a gym I would look into.

Affordable means different things to different people. I can tell you it aint gonna be easy to find "cheap" BJJ in an expensive region like So Cal with world class BJJ everywhere.

I highly recommend Professor Marcelo Pereira at Gracie Barra Sorrento Valley. He's trained a TON of well known black belts and he's legit as legit can be. Won a bunch of gold at Worlds and other comps. Super nice guy too. It's about $149 a month but well worth it. You can come try a couple of free classes. I can help you if you PM me.

I highly recommend Professor Marcelo Pereira at Gracie Barra Sorrento Valley. He's trained a TON of well known black belts and he's legit as legit can be. Won a bunch of gold at Worlds and other comps. Super nice guy too. It's about $149 a month but well worth it. You can come try a couple of free classes. I can help you if you PM me.
Wow that's cheap.
In my country, Singapore, the usual price is $240-300 per month depending on the gym.

Wow that's cheap.
In my country, Singapore, the usual price is $240-300 per month depending on the gym.

Holy crap. Well maybe because here in San Diego bjj gyms are a dime a dozen ? How hard is it to find a legit bjj gym in Singapore ? If I remember correctly people said even Marcelo Garcia charges like $240 or so but that's Marcelo Garcia and id pay that much if I lived there

Holy crap. Well maybe because here in San Diego bjj gyms are a dime a dozen ? How hard is it to find a legit bjj gym in Singapore ? If I remember correctly people said even Marcelo Garcia charges like $240 or so but that's Marcelo Garcia and id pay that much if I lived there

its not hard, there's about 10 bjj gyms here. That's the usual price.
That's bjj though, for judo its cheap, $100 or so per month

Dean Lister is over at Victory MMA. A work buddy trains there and likes the 6:30am classes and is training a couple times a day.
https://www.victorygyms.com/content-network

Saulo Ribeiro is at University of Jujitsu. Great practitioner in his day and super nice guy from randomly running into him.
https://www.unijj.com/our-instructors.html

Alliance MMA is south of downtown, but it's not like you'll be rolling with the pro team.

Close to the beaches, Victory and U of BJJ.

The Arena is probably the cheapest option in San Diego and Baret Yoshida is definitely legit.

The arena is your best bet. Also there is a groupon for steel mma, $30 for 30 days

The Arena is probably the cheapest option in San Diego and Baret Yoshida is definitely legit.

hell yeha it is your getting the bets of both worlds great strong fundamental basics with riberios and new age stuff with baret so baret left his old gym huh

Ribeiros is expensive
Arena is affordable and its bad ass. Great gym, great classes, and I cannot say enough good things about Baret. Cant go wrong there.

Victory is also affordable and offers a lot of classes with great instructors.

Believe it or not, there are UFC gyms in SD that have better BJJ instructors than tons of normal BJJ places around the USA. UFC gym is like $50 a month

Keep forgetting The Arena, I know it's a huge facility, but I don't know guys who train there.

its not hard, there's about 10 bjj gyms here. That's the usual price.
That's bjj though, for judo its cheap, $100 or so per month

damn, i pay 100 for bjj (and muay thai and boxing) and 25 for judo

I train at the Arena every time I'm in San Diego. Always great training, always good people.

Back