Golovkin vs Jacobs - Technical Analysis

Nice write up mate.

GGG by KO against the ropes in the 5th or 6th.

GGG isn't losing until he runs into a pure boxer with an iron chin. So it'll be fun for about 3 rounds.

GGG isn't losing until he runs into a pure boxer with an iron chin. So it'll be fun for about 3 rounds.

That could be Canelo, though I'm still not sure on that match. I'm still undecided. He's a real good boxer and he has a good chin.

That could be Canelo, though I'm still not sure on that match. I'm still undecided. He's a real good boxer and he has a good chin.

What big shots have we seen Canelo take from someone his own size?

Three weeks away? Should be fun. Really good under card too!

Here's my write-up and prediction for anyone interested:

http://a-neutral-corner.blogspot.ca/2017/02/my-two-cents-golovkin-vs-jacobs.html

Also, this weekend, good boxing with Thurman vs Garcia. Decent UFC card too. Wish I could watch both...but boxing will get my vote.

Nice write-up and analysis. What I don't understand is why you think the match will last so long, surely with the power that these guys have shown you would have to think that it will end early one way or the other. Even though I give Danny a bigger chance of victory than Lemieux, I don't see how either fighter could take 8 rounds of punishment from the other.

He walked through some good shots by Angulo and Kirkland.
The way he weathered that Kirkland storm early was impressive too. He started to minimize damage really quick when he saw Kirkland was bringing it. Canelo is way underappreciated.

well written

"A Mayweather opponent could expect a career high payday while absorbing relatively little damage; a Golovkin opponent could expect a payday that would never rationalize the beating they take in the ring."
haha

Deserves attention

Nice write-up and analysis. What I don't understand is why you think the match will last so long, surely with the power that these guys have shown you would have to think that it will end early one way or the other. Even though I give Danny a bigger chance of victory than Lemieux, I don't see how either fighter could take 8 rounds of punishment from the other.

I think both will be smart enough snd have skills enough to keep the other from putting their opponent away too quickly. Of course, anything can happennwith their punching power and good combos, but I think the mutual respect for each other's power will make for a smart, competitive fight.

He walked through some good shots by Angulo and Kirkland.

I feel he took a couple decent, not big, shots from Kirkland. However, I dont think he really did from Angulo. Angulo was a shell of his former self, and offered nothing in that fight.

I am going to roll with rr on this I am going send all the positive vibes and will Jacobs to beat GGG in shocking fashion !!

Also all of it is true Canelo chin is untested at higher weights even though Coto proved he had pop at that wieght and didn't even phase Canelo

Another truth is Canelo has the better resume than GGG by far

Angulo and Kirkland are not MW, which Canelo is (or 165 weight now) and Angulo was a shell of himself.
I believe both fights were 155 pound catch weights.

Cotto then, if you don't like those ones. Cotto KO'd Geale as clean as Golovkin did.

The more and more I think about this fight, the more and more I think Jacobs is going to get fucked up. Probably early too

I believe both fights were 155 pound catch weights.

Cotto then, if you don't like those ones. Cotto KO'd Geale as clean as Golovkin did.

Cotto is a blown up WW. Let's be real.

I get that Mayweather fans like Canelo because it looks better for Mayweather if Canelo is really good, but the facts are the facts. Canelo has never fought a legit guy his natural size before.

Oh ok, that's why the "Mayweatherisms" are being tossed on Canelo opponents now?
"Shell of himself"
"Blown-up WW"
Smh

Back